Motorola Motosmart XT389 ROOT Success!!!

Search This thread

mobiclip

Apr 30, 2012
Root the Motorola XT389 with Android 2.3.6
Dear friends this mobile users who were already giving up rooting your device ...
your problems are over!

After long research, I could find a forum that I am associated with the root of the XT389!
Tested and approved! 100% approved without any error!
Follow below correctly questions, please ask!

Making:

1) Download drivers for motorola XT390 and XT389 on the following link: HERE!

2) Install the drivers you downloaded in step 1, make sure your phone is unplugged during installation.
3) After installing the drivers enable USB Debugging in Settings> Applications> Development> USB Debugging

4) After step 3 connect the usb cable in the phone and the computer, the computer will recognize your phone and install drivers, wait until your computer recognizes all drivers.

The following software is Chinese and obviously is all in Chinese, to run it you will need to install a software called microsoft AppLocale (link here) How to install AppLocale on windows vista, 7 or 8: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t9iZJBwNA0&feature=youtu.be

In Windows XP before running the Chinese application will need to install the East Asian languages: Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options.

5) Now we will download and install the software which will make root: HERE!

6) Installation is easy although it was in Chinese, giving just go next, the only option you have is to uncheck that option is checked at the end of the installation (it will start the program after installation and we do not want that because will give error.) Now that the program is installed, note that he created two icons on the desktop, an all blue and other colors of blue, green and orange.
7) Rename the icon for all bluish Romaster
8) Open AppLocale you installed just now, when you open click next.
9) an option will appear for you to select a file, select the shortcut to Romaster (all blue icon) that is on the desktop and click next
10) It will detect the language of the program automatically, just press next and then finish.

finish Clicking the following program must be open:
proxy

If you've done steps 1, 2, 3 and 4 correctly it will automatically recognize your device and it will sync with your handset right away. sync with the handset it will automatically install the control software on your USB device, wait until the program becomes as follows:

proxy

NOTE: The program will install a root or two apps necessary for root on your phone, you'll need at least 20MB free on internal memory.

11) At first tab in the program click on the link that is inside the red rectangle:

proxy

It will ask if you really want to start the process of root, just confirm by clicking on the esqueda.

During the root the following message will appear:
proxy

The root process will take a while and the phone will reboot several times (do not be alarmed), NEVER remove or disconnect the phone during the root process.
Wait for your phone to restart it stop start the system again.
12) After your phone have started normally, close the Romaster disconnect the USB cable from your phone
13) [Optional] Uninstall the app Chinese USB integration that was installed by Romaster Ready your Motorola XT389 is rooted. At the end of the install root checker to verify your phone is really rooted.
Note: After the unit is rooted not in any way disable the USB debugging or root will stop working and the system is unstable.

Original Link : http://xt389android.blogspot.com/20...howComment=1365888785078#c1860513348790449516

Hope this helps.

u.bilal

Apr 14, 2013
How to hard reset.

I want to know how to how to hard reset motorola xt389.
As i have forgoten screen patteren and gmail account is not working.
Thanks in advance.

RenanAZ

Apr 15, 2013
Porto Alegre
It Works!

Just completed this tutorial. It worked perfectly.
I only sugest that you try using the tutorial available in the original link at the bottom of the page, even if it's in portuguese. (Use google page translation)

Thank you for this tutorial!

RichBallz

May 2, 2013
Help

Hi,

I have followed the instructions to the letter but when I open Applocale and then open Romaster shortcut I get a box with chinese writing (I dont know what it says) with a yellow triangle next to it with the only option to close the box.

It simply not opening or connecting to phone?

I have tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling going back to very start and its still doing it.

Any suggestions?:eek:

I would add a screenshot if this thread would let me!!!

Last edited:

Eddie_West

May 28, 2008
It works! ROOT XT389 Funciona (pero no como lo pone este tuto)

I have one XT389 and the program (the link download one updated version...and different) root it!!! Unfortunately the tutorial dont refers to this new version. For that reason I had to walk blindly. Only need to translate from chinese the words "permit" "Ok" "afirmative" and "yes" to guess the actions.

En español: Vamos, un coñazo, pero al final después de un par de intentos pulsando iconos en chino el movil se reseteó. Esto ocurrió después de que se me instalara la aplicación china en el mismo. Imposible recordar los pasos que hice, pero si es importante que el movil se quede con la pantalla de esta aplicación arrancada (una pantalla azul el movil con textos en chino y el simbolo de que esta conectado por USB.....) y después en uno de los menus pone algo de ROOTXXXX y ROOTXXX? (las xxx son simbolos chinos). Toque por ahí y zas! se reseteó y ya estaba, pero aun tuve que activar el ROOT en el propio movil. Se arranca la aplicación y sale un botón que aparece con el logo de android y root con una x roja, si le das al botón se te pone el verde y ....violá!

Eso si, también he liberado el ZTE Blade de mi novia con este jodido programa!!! que lástima que no se pueda traducir, dan ganas de ir palabra x palabra haciendolo, porque me da que esto libera hasta el plus!

Matt21497

Jun 13, 2013
Newsecs declare

I need to find some custom roms for the motorola xt389 and how to get clockwork recovery

JP-tester

Dec 19, 2012
Fantastic!!

I have one XT389 and the program (the link download one updated version...and different) root it!!! Unfortunately the tutorial dont refers to this new version. For that reason I had to walk blindly. Only need to translate from chinese the words "permit" "Ok" "afirmative" and "yes" to guess the actions.

En español: Vamos, un coñazo, pero al final después de un par de intentos pulsando iconos en chino el movil se reseteó. Esto ocurrió después de que se me instalara la aplicación china en el mismo. Imposible recordar los pasos que hice, pero si es importante que el movil se quede con la pantalla de esta aplicación arrancada (una pantalla azul el movil con textos en chino y el simbolo de que esta conectado por USB.....) y después en uno de los menus pone algo de ROOTXXXX y ROOTXXX? (las xxx son simbolos chinos). Toque por ahí y zas! se reseteó y ya estaba, pero aun tuve que activar el ROOT en el propio movil. Se arranca la aplicación y sale un botón que aparece con el logo de android y root con una x roja, si le das al botón se te pone el verde y ....violá!

Eso si, también he liberado el ZTE Blade de mi novia con este jodido programa!!! que lástima que no se pueda traducir, dan ganas de ir palabra x palabra haciendolo, porque me da que esto libera hasta el plus!

De puta madre mi hermano!! si no me decías lo de la pantalla celeste y buscar el botón ROOTXXXX y ROOTXXX no la hacía!
Muchas gracias mi bro!

We must to say this tutorial has changed. We need make 1 step more inside of the chinese program. We just to search a tab called "RootXXX / ROOTXXX" and click first button. That's all! :good:

Again something changed :)

so what you need is still driver and new program. it`s much easyer. just install program, open it....wait for update...put phone to cable, wait untill program find phone, press root, wait till phone restart, ready

Attachments

• VRoot_1.4.1.3018_Setup_300.zip
    5 MB · Views: 505
Reactions: Alyx182008

Rhys7056

Aug 23, 2013
I want to know how to how to hard reset motorola xt389.
As i have forgoten screen patteren and gmail account is not working.
Thanks in advance.
Dude If you want To Hard reset Its Easy Just Follow these Steps 1.. Turn Your Phone Completely Off and Remove the Battery 2.. Put the Battery Back In And While you Turn The Phone On Hold the Power Button and The Volume down Button
3.. Then Use the Volume Keys To Naigate Through The Menu and The Power Button to select ;) Enjoy

guyton100

Oct 5, 2012
its wotking !!!!
how to enter recovery, none of the key combinations are working?

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

its wotking !!!!
how to enter recovery, none of the key combinations are working?
i can still enter recovery by using terminal emulator!
su
reboot recovery

but please tell me key combination if someone knows, i tried everything i known and that i came across internet

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Root the Motorola XT389 with Android 2.3.6
    Dear friends this mobile users who were already giving up rooting your device ...
    your problems are over!

After long research, I could find a forum that I am associated with the root of the XT389!
    Tested and approved! 100% approved without any error!
    Follow below correctly questions, please ask!

Making:

1) Download drivers for motorola XT390 and XT389 on the following link: HERE!

2) Install the drivers you downloaded in step 1, make sure your phone is unplugged during installation.
    3) After installing the drivers enable USB Debugging in Settings> Applications> Development> USB Debugging

4) After step 3 connect the usb cable in the phone and the computer, the computer will recognize your phone and install drivers, wait until your computer recognizes all drivers.

The following software is Chinese and obviously is all in Chinese, to run it you will need to install a software called microsoft AppLocale (link here) How to install AppLocale on windows vista, 7 or 8: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t9iZJBwNA0&feature=youtu.be

In Windows XP before running the Chinese application will need to install the East Asian languages: Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options.

5) Now we will download and install the software which will make root: HERE!

6) Installation is easy although it was in Chinese, giving just go next, the only option you have is to uncheck that option is checked at the end of the installation (it will start the program after installation and we do not want that because will give error.) Now that the program is installed, note that he created two icons on the desktop, an all blue and other colors of blue, green and orange.
    7) Rename the icon for all bluish Romaster
    8) Open AppLocale you installed just now, when you open click next.
    9) an option will appear for you to select a file, select the shortcut to Romaster (all blue icon) that is on the desktop and click next
    10) It will detect the language of the program automatically, just press next and then finish.

finish Clicking the following program must be open:
    proxy

If you've done steps 1, 2, 3 and 4 correctly it will automatically recognize your device and it will sync with your handset right away. sync with the handset it will automatically install the control software on your USB device, wait until the program becomes as follows:

proxy

NOTE: The program will install a root or two apps necessary for root on your phone, you'll need at least 20MB free on internal memory.

11) At first tab in the program click on the link that is inside the red rectangle:

proxy

It will ask if you really want to start the process of root, just confirm by clicking on the esqueda.

During the root the following message will appear:
    proxy

The root process will take a while and the phone will reboot several times (do not be alarmed), NEVER remove or disconnect the phone during the root process.
    Wait for your phone to restart it stop start the system again.
    12) After your phone have started normally, close the Romaster disconnect the USB cable from your phone
    13) [Optional] Uninstall the app Chinese USB integration that was installed by Romaster Ready your Motorola XT389 is rooted. At the end of the install root checker to verify your phone is really rooted.
    Note: After the unit is rooted not in any way disable the USB debugging or root will stop working and the system is unstable.

Original Link : http://xt389android.blogspot.com/20...howComment=1365888785078#c1860513348790449516

Hope this helps.
    Again something changed :)

so what you need is still driver and new program. it`s much easyer. just install program, open it....wait for update...put phone to cable, wait untill program find phone, press root, wait till phone restart, ready
    How to enter CustomRecovery

switch of phone and wait a while. Press Power Button and after display switch on press Volume down for a second..leave it and agin press volume down and so on :)

Actually you just need to press Volume down when you see the tactile buttons flash, before the boot animation.