Which color to get?

Search This thread

lickitgood52

Nov 6, 2012
I have bigger problem...

I have never seen Gray or White in person, I've only seen them on YouTube and the White looks better to me.

I currently own ......... (Don't laugh).... a BlackBerry PlayBook so I'm sick of seeing all black.

Here is my problem ..... I like the white but I saw a deal for a dark gray for 415.00 tax and shipping included so I purchased it. The next day I see a white one for 385.00 tax and shipping included so I purchased it also.

So I now have a new gray unit in my hands that I have not opened and a white one that is to arrive tomorrow.

Pretty sure I'm going to open the white one and sell the gray on ebay but not really sure.

Maybe I should drive to Best Buy and check them out side by side.

UPDATE

I picked the white and already sold the gray.

Last edited:

nrfitchett4

Oct 12, 2009
San Antonio
wife and I both got grey note's for xmas. I don't think the white comes in 32gb variety and we both went with storage space over color.

Arun01

Feb 6, 2011
I'm thinking of getting the dark grey. I have the note 2 & it's titanium grey so the 10.1 dark grey will be a nice compliment.:D

HUYI

Dec 23, 2010
i can honestly say that the white has grown on me, at first i didn't like the white one but i actually like it now, maybe it's a good thing i didn't get the grey note LOL

Dec 27, 2012
It is a personal preference, but when I went down to the store, in my opinion, the white looked more refined than the grey. But they both look good and what ever color you choose, you will enjoy the tablet (I am very much enjoying mine).

Last edited:

dudu7559

Oct 23, 2005
Milan
Mumble Mumble. :)

I've got it dark grey and I think it's the best choice ever. White is posher - definitely more feminine and nice :) - but less scratch-resistant and fragile: once you've scratched it, the scar is awfully clear :(

So go for the darkgrey one, folks :)

Last edited:

onemotodroid

Jul 31, 2010
Amazon charge about $40 more for the white Note 10.1.

At BB they cost the same price.

Hmmm

I purchased the white one from BB.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

smegatron

Oct 23, 2010
Bought the white on as I could not get the black as cheap in the UK. I did see the black, was not sure about the silver, too much of a contrast with the black. The silver looks better against the white. Got my first scratch on the back today. It does not show up too much.:rolleyes:

santiagodraco

May 20, 2012
Austin
I went with grey for a few reasons. First I'm not really a fan of white electronics (although I have to say it does look good).

Secondly and the main reason is that it's better to have a dark border around a screen when playing back movies, looking at photos and the like. The black border improves the eyes perception of contrast on the screen material. This is why you'll find that tv's always have dark surrounds and good home theaters have dark backdrops.

Not a huge variable (it's not like a white border is going to be harmful to your perception of the picture) it's just me being nit picky about things like that ;D

NadMaj

Oct 23, 2011
Caloocan
www.3minit.com
I went with grey for a few reasons. First I'm not really a fan of white electronics (although I have to say it does look good).

Secondly and the main reason is that it's better to have a dark border around a screen when playing back movies, looking at photos and the like. The black border improves the eyes perception of contrast on the screen material. This is why you'll find that tv's always have dark surrounds and good home theaters have dark backdrops.

Not a huge variable (it's not like a white border is going to be harmful to your perception of the picture) it's just me being nit picky about things like that ;D

+1 :highfive:

astro cat

Dec 8, 2011
Kiev
The gray is looks better. Under different lights frame around the screen looks more brighter or darker... i think, but in both color it's best tablet :)

tehriddler

Mar 11, 2012
riddler.tumblr.com
White for my first unit (that was stolen) and replacement unit. The Queen is pictured using a white Note 10.1 to view entries for the Jubilee Time Capsule. ;)

The dark grey one looks like the interior of my Dell Inspiron 14R laptop - same shiny metal-look plastic.

legion1911

Jan 23, 2007
White for my first unit (that was stolen) and replacement unit. The Queen is pictured using a white Note 10.1 to view entries for the Jubilee Time Capsule. ;)

The dark grey one looks like the interior of my Dell Inspiron 14R laptop - same shiny metal-look plastic.

White.... better build quality... less noise

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Quick information. I've stucked this thread and now it should be considered as an official place to discuss color. Other threads will be closed. Thanks for understanding :)
    I don't think that applies as much as you think, I tend to look at my screen more than the back of my tab...
    Granted it may get a bit hotter on the surface to touch but how many people sit in the sun using their tablets? I use my tablet outside very rarely, the screen can be a bit hard to see in sunlight but I can say that my tab has never overheated...
    The other thing is, this is generally a moot point, I've seen people with the white Note 10.1 put it in a black case, you can't tell me that my Note gets hotter in my light brown leather case than theirs in their black silicone case?
    Lol
    Well, if you use a car dock form your cell phone and have it in the sunlight for 3 hours, your phone gets very toasty. I've had my share of reboots and freezes due to overheating devices over the years on all but my white GS3.
    Different materials have different heat capacities, but generally darker colors get hotter. Silicon in what I am guessing is the gel form does not have a high heat capacity, while leather has a higher one, so yours mights have still been hotter.

Science.
    White looks best

Hey guys, I intend on getting a note soon and my question is, which color should I get? Obviously preference is the answer here but I'm a bit afraid if I get the white one it would inevitably get some markings soon and look disgusting. With that said I do own a white sgs2 which is flawless after owning for many months. But that is because it's under constant protection from a case and screen protector. Can't say I'd do the same to the note. Also the grey looks a bit tacky as opposed to if they had gone with black like the tab (speaking in terms of the bezel only). So any insight on this from owners of both colors? Thanks.

It is personal preference. but still i prefer white. it looks classy. i have for 6 months (with a cover, of course.) it looks great
    White looks nice but i went for the deep Grey :good:
    White is my wife's color for devices (currently, an iPad 3 and an S4). Gray was the only choice for me, for both my N10.1 and N2.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD