[Development Stopped][JB 4.1.2][Xperia ACRO S] MIUI V5 ML LB/UB [4.8.8] - STOCK BASED

Search This thread
Aug 31, 2010
Sydney

Please Read Whole OP Where I Wrote That You Must Have Stock Rom & Stock Kernel Installed Before Flashing MIUI.

I Dont Have Such Bug - Flashing Rom From Stock FW.96 - Some Stock Based Roms Can Cause Similar Bugs.

Try To Clear Data And Cache Of Camera App In App Manger.

Still not working, it said camera not available. It weird since other camera apps work well. Anyway, thank you for your help.

Sent from my LT26w using xda app-developers app

jazzgott

Apr 27, 2011
Cornwall
Xiaomi Mi 3
Lenovo Zuk Z1
Hello again,

I know I'm kinda repeating myself but let me rephrase my question. The "Pending" status on multilanguage addon - does it mean it's being uploaded, being made, being planned for some time in the future, being checked? Because for now this rom is clearly not multilang and the post title is just misleading, isn't it?

teddy0209

Feb 5, 2011
what's the best keyboard for this rom?

thanks

try swiftkey...

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

Hello again,

I know I'm kinda repeating myself but let me rephrase my question. The "Pending" status on multilanguage addon - does it mean it's being uploaded, being made, being planned for some time in the future, being checked? Because for now this rom is clearly not multilang and the post title is just misleading, isn't it?

The Stock Based MIUI is new, they have to make some adjustments on their Multilang addon to be compatible with this version...
Just like old days on CM Based..

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

I manage to make the rom work. but i have the same problem, my camera says its not available.
I also clear the data and cache but still not working.

if you're in cobrato's kernel, flash the stock ftf excluding kernel via flashtool then install miui, that should minimize bugs and maybe solve your problem...

mjames.abordo

Apr 11, 2013
Manila

Gapps Link Fixed.
Rom Is Already Rooted - You Just Need To Enable Root In "Permission Manager" App

For Less Ram Consumption And Faster GUI You Should Do This:

Go To Settings → Development Settings:

• Turn Rounded Corners Off
  • Limit Background Processes To 3
  • Enable Force GPU Rendering
  • Set Window/Transition/Animator Duration Scale To .5
Go To Menu → Launcher Settings:

• Disable App Shadows
Reboot Device

Ok Gonna give it a shot, and I will try some stock based .96 modded kernels for your ROM.

mjames.abordo

Apr 11, 2013
Manila
Bug:

Found a bug on messaging....whenever I have a text message the proper name of the sender doesn't appear. It gives a different name instead.

jazzgott

Apr 27, 2011
Cornwall
Xiaomi Mi 3
Lenovo Zuk Z1
Original Post Updated:

Added MIUI V5 Acro S Multilanguage Rom Link

Hello mate,

Let's start with what I did:

- I was originally on stock ROM as it's the only one for acro s that you can say mostly works. I was on cobrato kernel .96 with twrp and cwm.
- I factory wiped my phone, plus additionally wiped cache and dalvik cache.
- First I tried to flash just the multilang addon because you have renamed it to ROM - so everybody thinks it's a standalone ROM now, not a multilang addon. Then you changed the instruction which was good and now it doesn't say a word about actually installing MIUI ROM, only the multilang addon but nevermind. Obviously my device did not start - but that's what I expected so I just restored my backed up stock and rewiped everything.
- Then I've put 3 files on my sdcard - miui_v5_3.11.1_lt26w_stock_based.zip, miui_multilang_hikari_STOCK_3.11.1.zip and miuiandroid_gapps-4.1.2-small_signed.zip. I entered my favourite recovery and flashed miui_v5_3.11.1_lt26w_stock_based.zip. Everything went smooth. Miui booted, asked me a few miui questions, asked for wifi pass and showed keyboard. everything cool.

- The next thing I did was rebooting to recovery, factory wiped, then wiped cache and dalvik cache and flashed miui_multilang_hikari_STOCK_3.11.1.zip. reboot. Everything cool, the only languages to choose from are two chinese and english. I chose English and went forwad. Well the only thing that was really different than before was that keyboard wasa no longer showing up. Not possible to choose any language but english or chinese in normal system settings, not possible to install any 3rd party apps as I can't setup any account because of keyboard missing.

- I tried this drill in different combinations, with or without gapps. My conclusion is: The multilanguage addon renamed yesterday to ROM has only one function: disable keyboard.

Ah yes, the multilang file asks for wiping cache and dalvik cache again after install. I tried both - wiping and not wiping with the same result.

I admire your work in making miui available to our crap phones. It's awesome that somebody does what you do. Thank you so much mate.
The one more thing I'd like to ask you for now - if it isn't too much to ask for - is that you please follow my steps, tell me what did I do wrong (or maybe that I didn't - that something still needs fixing) and make it work. By it I mean possibility to choose my own language. Thanks you very much in advance.

chrissoriano

Jan 26, 2013
just asking is there anyone did try to backup the previous keyboard before flashing the rom?then restore it by titanium backup after the flashing?

mjames.abordo

Apr 11, 2013
Manila
Question:

Hi mr balcan,I can't get Viper Audio to work.... I tried all the drivers and only one driver worked,.. but it only worked on bluetooth headset.. and not working on headset. How can I fix this?...also how to fix the invalid sender bug on sms?

Last edited:

mjames.abordo

Apr 11, 2013
Manila
just asking is there anyone did try to backup the previous keyboard before flashing the rom?then restore it by titanium backup after the flashing?

I did not try that but I am using a stock xperia keyboard since it is more memory efficient than swiftkey..hope it helped you....
Here is a stock xperia z keyboard if you want...just install it as a normal apk..

lavier

Jan 6, 2011
Calicut
Xiaomi Pad 6
browsers closes automatically while browsing...... Might be some settings......... can someone help me??

Also 122mb ram is only available on ma phone after deleting apps like BBM, Facebook And some other similar apps..........

alucard_

Oct 17, 2008
I like this rom but some apps fc specially facebook

Sent from my LT26w using xda premium

peymayesh

Dec 26, 2012
Tehran
CM Based was better,
there is very lagy UI, fast battery drain,…

But Wifi and Camera Improved very well…

Keep waiting for update!

-SourceCode-

Jan 21, 2011
3.11.8 update?

Hi Guys,

Currently I am on this stock based MIUI 3.11.1.

Does anyone know if there is any issue with last Friday's 3.11.8 update, as I can't see any update file links nor does it show any update notification in the MIUI System Update / Updater application?

Or has it just not been compiled/released for ACRO S?

Many thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    k0q3c4.jpg

a43nmq.jpg

ROM AUTHORS:

ROM INFORMATION:

- Rom Base:

- MIUI Base(Closed Source):

- ROM Build:

- Kernel Base:

ROM CREDITS:
    • Upper Mentioned Rom Authors -
    Specially Thanks To Great Dev Midnight Souls (@ kin912)

Making Great MIUI Rom And Developing Patchrom For Adaptation And Porting MIUI To Many Devices

• All Other Devs Which Help With Sony Xperia Custom Kernels,Rooting Methods,Recoveries And Advices
    - @ feniks0113
    - @ cobrato
    - @ lpws521
    - @ DooMLoRD
    - @ schickel
    - @ RaymanFX
    - @ letama
    - @ Novastylez
    - @ ViPER

!!! THIS ROM IS IN STABILE STAGE WITH CONSTANT DEBUGGING AND UPGRADING TO LATEST MIUI RELEASES !!!

- All Files And Tutorials Except Rom Are Collected From Internet & Xda Forums,So All Credits Are Going To Their Authors. -

- I'm Not Responsible For Any Eventual Errors And Misbehaving Of Your Devices. -

- Xiaomi MIUI Is One Of The Greatest And Most Unique Custom Roms For Android Devices.

- MIUI Developement Team Abandoned Stock Based MIUI For Sony Xperia Acro S In MIUI Version V4

- Till Then Our Team Bringing You CM Based MIUI V5 Port Every Week.

- Our Team Is Group Of Enthusiasts Which Try To Bring Full MIUI V5 Experience On Xperia Acro S

- Please Remember That Our Work Is Voluntary,And Not An Obligation.

ROM WORK FOR LOCKED/UNLOCKED BOOTLOADERS ON XPERIA ACRO S DEVICES

IN ORDER TO KEEP THREAD CLEAN PLEASE:

• Use Thanks Button If You Are Grateful For Rom Or Advice
      2aipr88.png
    • For Viewing Screenshots & Bug Feedback Please Use Thread Nav - Bar
    xmpd7l.jpg

[REQUIREMENTS]

• [*]Windows/Linux/Mac Powered Computer
      [*]Installed Latest Java Runtime Environment Depends Of Your Computer OS - LINK
      [*]Android Device Drivers Installed
      [*]Enabled Settings → Security → Unknown Sources & Settings → Development → Usb Debugging
      [*]Phone Battery Charged - 60% At Least.

[STOCK ROM & RECOVERY FLASH PROCEDURE]

• [*]Download And Install Latest Flash-Tool Software Depends Of Your Computer OS - LINK
      [*]Download And Install Adb & Fastboot - WINDOWS LINK / LINUX & MAC LINK
      [*]Download Sony Stock FW 6.2.B.1.96 And Flash It Via Flash-Tool - LINK

- FLASHING RECOVERY -

UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER :

Download Advance Stock Kernel(FW .96 - CWM Recovery Included) - LINK
    Reboot Device Into Fastboot Mode With Command:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    Flash The Kernel Using Command :
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot kernel.elf
    (Where Kernel.elf (.img) Is The Name Of The File You Downloaded)

LOCKED BOOTLOADER (Please Test It - I Dont Have Device With LB):

Root FW .96 Stock Rom Using Doomlord's Method - LINK
    Download & Extract CWM Recovery For LB And Save It On C: - LINK
    Go To Extracted Folder And Execute Cwm-Install-En.Bat
    Follow The On-Screen Instructions

[FLASH MIUI ROM]

DOWNLOAD XPERIA ACRO S Stock Kernel For MIUI(Support Auto OTA) - MIRROR

[QRCODE]http://pan.baidu.com/s/1uzslF[/QRCODE]

DOWNLOAD XPERIA ACRO S MIUI V5 Multilang 4.8.8

[QRCODE]https://mega.co.nz/#!nZ5EFRqD!zHz-ahi-TNn4cvRyYAHbvMvoNhTudQJ6yNZ63-270qA[/QRCODE]

1. Put XXX.Zip Copied To The Root Directory Of Cell Phone (That Is A Direct Copy)
    2. Enter Recovery (Twrp Or Cwm) (Turn Off, Turn On & Repeatedly Keep Pressing Vol+)
    3. Select [Wipe Data / Factory Reset] → [Yes]
    4. Select [Wipe Cache Partition] → [Yes ]
    5. Select [Advanced] → [Wipe Dalvik Cache] → [ Yes ] → Back
    6. Select [Install Zip From Sdcard] → [Choose Zip From Sdcard] → [XXX.Zip] → [Yes]
    7. Wait Flash Finished, Press Back And Select Reboot System Now [], The Phone Going To Automatically Restart With Installed Miui Rom.

First Boot Need ~ 3 - 5 Min.

- FLASH GAPPS -

DOWNLOAD 4.1.2 GAPPS

[QRCODE]http://d-h.st/CAg[/QRCODE]

1.After First Boot Reboot Your Phone To Recovery Again.
    2.Select [Install Zip From Sdcard] → [Choose Zip From Sdcard]→ [Miuiandroid_Gapps-4.1.2-Small_Signed.Zip] → [Yes]
    3. Wait Flash Finished, Press Back And Select Reboot System Now [], The Phone Going To Automatically Restart With Installed Gapps.
    4.Set Up Your Google And Xiaomi Accounts(For Themes).

DOWNLOAD WSM TOOLS FOR ADDING VARIOUS OPTIONS FOR MIUI - LINK

Current Rom Status:

• Rom Proper (Without Errors) Builded With MI Code Patchrom
    • Rom Partially Debugged Before Patchrom FullOTA Build
    • Rom Hardly Debugged And Fixed For Everyday Use > 370MB Of Free RAM
    • ? - EVERYTHING IS WORKING - ?
    • Taking Screenshot Will Reboot Device- FIXED
    • Auto Brightness Disabled- FIXED
    • MTP Connection FC - FIXED
    • All Sounds Muted Upon First Boot - You Must Set Them Manualy- FIXED
    • No Mobile Data Signal - FIXED
    • Lockscreen Not Showed Up - FIXED
    • Camera Dont Work - Only Black - FIXED
    • Home Key Dont Work - FIXED
    • When Somebody Call You Its Always Busy - FIXED
    • Browser FC - FIXED
    • Provision App FC - FIXED
    • Cant Change Rom Language Bug - FIXED
    • Input Method Dont Work - FIXED
    • Rom Booted With Lot Of Bugs - FIXED
    • Constantly Bootloop On System Start - FIXED
    • ADB Logcat Not Working - FIXED

OFFICIAL MIUI CHANGELOG

XDA:DevDB Information
    [Development Stopped][JB 4.1.2][Xperia ACRO S] MIUI V5 ML LB/UB [4.8.8] - STOCK BASED, ROM for the Sony Xperia Acro S

Contributors
    BalcanGSM, kin912
    ROM OS Version: 4.1.x Jelly Bean
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Sony Stock FW 6.2.B.1.96 + Recovery
    Based On: Official Sony Stock FW 6.2.B.1.96

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 4.8.8
    Stable Release Date: 2014-08-08

Created 2013-11-02
    Last Updated 2014-08-19
    Original Post Updated:

• Xperia Acro S MIUI 3.11.22 Changelog

• Xperia Acro S MIUI 3.11.22 Rom
    Original Post Updated:

• MIUI V5 4.5.30 Changelog

Rom Release Updated:

• Xperia Acro S MIUI V5 4.5.16 - 4.5.30 OTA Update

• Xperia Acro S MIUI V5 4.5.30 Multilanguage ROM

Note : MIUI V6 Is Near Behind The Corner So Xiaomi Devs Dont Update Their Weekly Releases With Much New Features.
    We Tried To Bugfix V5 Rom As Much As Possible
    For Now Is Not Sure That MIUI V6 Will Have JB4.1.2 Branch But In Any Case We Will Try To Continue Support Based On CM Or Similar Roms Once When V6 Come.
    Also V5 Support Will Continue As Long As Xiaomi Update Their JB4.1.2 Branch.
    Tested on a locked BL and its working. Observing for possible bugs.
    BTW the Gapps link is not working I can't download it...
    Also how to root this room?

edit: Nevermind for the Gapps, gonna test the rom a little bit. Nervermind the root also, I forgot that it has a stock .96 kernel.

Gapps Link Fixed.
    Rom Is Already Rooted - You Just Need To Enable Root In "Permission Manager" App

The UI is not that smooth, after using it for a couple of hours I uninstalled the ROM because I am not used to it, and one big reason is that it consumes a lot of memory even at fresh install..It doesn't suites my preferences. give it a try so that you can test..maybe it suits your taste. anyway still thanks for the hardwork of BalcanGSM for making such a great rom.. :good::good:

For Less Ram Consumption And Faster GUI You Should Do This:

Go To Settings → Development Settings:

• Turn Rounded Corners Off
    • Limit Background Processes To 3
    • Enable Force GPU Rendering
    • Set Window/Transition/Animator Duration Scale To .5
    Go To Menu → Launcher Settings:

• Disable App Shadows
    Reboot Device
    Today I will make a fix package:
    1.Fix the camera bug and mi key.
    2.Some tweas.