[ROM][4.4.4][OFFICIAL][AOSPA] Paranoid Android 4.6 [BETA 5][10/22/2014]

Search This thread

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Thanks guys. I'd love to try this one out but I'm having some problems flashing it. First TWRP wouldn't let me because my HBOOT was still 1.09. I flashed the "no red text" thing and got that up to 2.14. Now when I try to flash, TWRP fails and tells me:

"set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed"
"E:Error executing updater binary in zip 'ziplocation'
"Updating partition details..."

Like I said, currently HBOOT 2.14 and S-OFF. Recommendations would be good.

Edit: I read elsewhere that perhaps that error was caused by TWRP being too new... I used 2.6.3. I downgraded to 2.3.3 and now I get:

"set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed"
"E:Error executing updater binary in zip 'ziplocation'"
"(Status 7)"
"Error flashing zip 'ziplocation'"
"Updating partition details..."

Thoughts?

Flashing just the hboot isn't correct, you need to run the 3.18 RUU. The RUU contains the hboot as well as other firmware modules which are required for all current aosp ROMs.

Also, as pandasa said, you will need to install the modified version of TWRP 2.6.3.0 after the RUU.

Sent from my Evita

ItWasLuck3

Jul 21, 2012
Flashing just the hboot isn't correct, you need to run the 3.18 RUU. The RUU contains the hboot as well as other firmware modules which are required for all current aosp ROMs.

Also, as pandasa said, you will need to install the modified version of TWRP 2.6.3.0 after the RUU.

Sent from my Evita

Running the RUU is gonna unroot me right? S-OFF as well...?

Edit: Also just noticed in your sig timmaaa, your on 2.14 hboot as well... How does that work if you're saying I need 3.18?

Last edited:

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Excuse my ignorance. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Now I now this next part probably deserves to be in the other thread, but you responded in such a timely manner last time, I was hoping you'd do so again.

So I've flashed over the modified twrp file and I can't get it to boot. Just sits at the green HTC screen. I installed 2.6.3 original right afterwards and it worked fine. Flashed the modified one and nothing. Just sits there.

...thanks.

Probably because you haven't updated properly. See my other recent post.

Sent from my Evita

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Running the RUU is gonna unroot me right? S-OFF as well...?

Edit: Also just noticed in your sig timmaaa, your on 2.14 hboot as well... How does that work if you're saying I need 3.18?

An RUU returns the phone to a stock state, it installs ROM, recovery, firmware. So yes you lose root but that's irrelevant because root isn't important. More importantly your bootloader will remain unlocked and you'll still be s-off so all you do afterwards is flash TWRP again and you're good to go. The 2.14 hboot is contained in the 3.18 RUU, along with other vital firmware modules. So while you have the correct hboot, that's all you have, you're missing everything else. Give me a few minutes and I'll write a quick RUU guide for you.

Sent from my Evita

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

@ItWasLuck3

Here's what you need to do:

Download the 3.18 RUU from here:
http://dl3.htc.com/application/RUU_..._10.130.32.34_release_signed_With_Partial.exe

Connect your phone in fastboot mode. Run the RUU.exe in Windows and then just follow the prompts, it's as simple as that.

Just make sure no other programs are running, make sure HTC Sync Manager is uninstalled (but leave drivers installed), and make sure screen saver/hibernation is turned off. The whole process takes about 10-20 minutes.

Once it's all finished boot up the phone, then reboot back into the bootloader. At this point you can install the modified TWRP 2.6.3.0 and install the ROM.

Sent from my Evita

ItWasLuck3

Jul 21, 2012
timmaaa, thanks a ton for the help. Everything's a go over here. For some reason the HTC update utility thing wouldn't detect my phone while I was on ChameleonOS, so I flashed back to an older MIUI I had and it worked just fine.

Looking forward to trying this one out! Thanks again.

tabmowtez

Mar 15, 2013
I have experienced 2 random reboots, both times I was in Facebook Messenger app. I am struggling to find a guide or something on how best to capture this information that might be of help to the devs to try and troubleshoot. Can someone point me in the right direction here??

ItWasLuck3

Jul 21, 2012
I have experienced 2 random reboots, both times I was in Facebook Messenger app. I am struggling to find a guide or something on how best to capture this information that might be of help to the devs to try and troubleshoot. Can someone point me in the right direction here??

Logcat is what you're looking for. Here is a link to a tutorial here on XDA.

Cheers.

pandasa123

Jul 20, 2013
South Grafton
Downloading :)

Edit: hboot 2.18 isn't allowed. Hmm maybe next release we could change that...I know there's no point in running 2.18 though on AOSP. I'm too lazy to go down and get my laptop and flash 2.15 package, so I'll just modify the updater script lol

Edit edit: Fixed the 2.18 issue :) beautiful :highfive:

Edit #3 lol: APN isn't selected initally

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: rsbear

pandasa123

Jul 20, 2013
South Grafton
For those who are running 2.18.0000 bootloader and don't want to flash 2.15 firmware, here's how to do it.

Edit the updater script and add the bootloader

Don't unzip the ROM. Just copy the updater script outside of the ROM and edit the ro.bootloader (you'll see it). Then drag it back into the archive where you got it. Then you should be prompted to updated the archive. Flash it and profit :)

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk

Reactions: rsbear

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

List all Questions and Off-Topic discussions here

PLEASE REFER TO THE CHANGE LOGS FOR CURRENT FEATURES.
    IF IT'S NOT LISTED THERE, AND NOT NOTED BELOW, IT'S NOT IN THE BUILD

Legacy G+: https://plus.google.com/communities/103106032137232805260 - You should always check this first before posting about features or build questions!

Legacy announcement post from PA: https://plus.google.com/+ParanoidAndroidCorner/posts/VcD8eB7KSD6

INSTRUCTIONS,

1. S-OFF

2. UPDATE RECOVERY
    --- YOU MUST BE RUNNING TWRP 2.7.0.8 (or higher) AS OF MAY 3RD 2014!
    --- You can find a version for Evita right here, flash like normal with fastboot. (Thanks pandasa123!)

3. FACTORY RESET / WIPE SYSTEM PARTITION
    --- (If coming from another ROM or Stock/Sense)

4. INSTALL ROM:
    --- AFH //
    --- md5: 18fd7a60361aee338f8fbb8c2026788c //

5. INSTALL GAPPS
    --- Paranoid Android GApps

6. (Koush's Superuser is now built-in, PA no longer uses/supports SuperSU)

7. WIPE CACHE / DALVIK-CACHE after flashing

8. REBOOT

PARANOID ANDROID 4+ UPDATES DO NOT NEED A FACTORY RESET.

RECENT UPDATES,

October 22nd, 2014 - PA 4.6 Beta 5
    • New Recents are still crashing on Evita, to bring up the option to switch back and forth, reset your 'Recents card stack view' option in Settings > Backup & Reset > Personalization and then bring up the recents screen. Select 'No' to continue using the AOSP view.
    • Provide a better flow for bar transitions and DSB
    • Add the experimental_dsb_frequency setting (for now)
    • Include a pair of themeability changes
    • Tweak OPO device-specific code
    • More changes and fixes! READ this PA G+ post: PA CHANGELOG!

October 9th, 2014 - PA 4.6 Beta 4
    • There was an issue with the PA OTA app in Beta 3. This means that you will likely NOT see Beta 4 show up in the OTA app. We will be pushing out a flashable zip that will fix PA OTA on Beta 3 or 4, so that things will work properly moving forward.
    • New Recents are still crashing on Evita, to bring up the option to switch back and forth, reset your 'Recents card stack view' option in Settings > Backup & Reset > Personalization and then bring up the recents screen. Select 'No' to continue using the AOSP view.
    • Merged Theme Engine upstream patches and bug fixes.
    • Make all Quick Settings tiles act similarly in edit mode
    • Added a new default AOSPA wallpaper (Don't choose it using the Theme Engine, just use your launcher)
      Stock version
      No 'AOSPA' logo version (Blank)
      Paranoid Android 'eye' logo version
    • Improve speed and stability of the core
    • Adapt to the Peek standalone application package name change

(Click to see more changelogs)

October 2nd, 2014 - PA 4.6 Beta 3
    • Merged Theme Engine upstream patches and bug fixes.
    • DSB fixes and changes for both performance and appearance.
    • Volume panel and Pie QS tile changes.

September 3rd, 2014 - PA 4.6 Beta 1
    • Merged Theme Engine upstream patches and bug fixes
    • Dynamic-System-Bars (DSB) are here! Turn the feature on (we obviously don't have a Nav Bar on the Evita, no use with that one) in Settings > Display.
    • Introduce swipe-up to "soft-dismiss" Hover notifications.
    • More changes and fixes! READ this PA blog post: PA CHANGELOG!

August 14th, 2014 - PA 4.5 Beta 2
    • Merged PA New Recents new style.

August 6th, 2014 - PA 4.5 Beta 1
    • Merged PA multi-user fixes

July 29th, 2014 - PA 4.45
    • Please help us out with our (honestly amazing) build server! Legacy G+ Post
    • Merged Hover fixes
    • More changes and fixes! READ this PA-Legacy G+ post: PA CHANGELOG!

July 28th, 2014 - PA 4.44
    • Fixed transparent navbar
    • Possibility to hide battery in status bar (option stored in battery style settings chooser)
    • More changes and fixes! READ this PA-Legacy G+ post: PA CHANGELOG!

July 17th, 2014 - PA 4.43
    • Important Evita Fix: The AOSP Browser/Gmail Images/OpenSSL issue patch is now included in builds.
    • ParanoidOTA fixes and cleanup
    • Fix daydream duplicates
    • Theme Engine upstream patches

July 9th, 2014 - PA 4.42
    • Theme Engine fixes.
    • Translation fixes and new languages.
    • Fixed TE WiFi settings FC.
    • Much more! READ this PA G+ post: PA CHANGELOG!

June 26th, 2014 - PA 4.4 STABLE
    • 26th Build: Fixed the crazy Internal Storage mounting bug, sorry guys, our bad.
    • Evita-only: Fixed up Clear Recents for devices with HW keys.
    • 4.4.4 KitKat upstream.
    • New volume panel style.
    • Lots and lots of Hover fixes.

June 18th, 2014 - PA 4.4 Release Candidate 2
    • Chrome (and others) FC fixes
    • Fixed QS Theme Engine support.
    • Upstream fixes.

June 5th, 2014 - PA 4.4 Beta 1
    • Pie/Hover "stable" status
    • CM Theme engine included!
    • I HIGHLY recommend you all clean flash this build, because of the massive changes, Theme Engine, and to get OTA working again
    • Legacy G+ post: Here
    • Much more! READ this PA G+ post: CHANGELOG!

May 28, 2014 - PA 4.3 Beta 7
    • Lots of fixes to the blacklist system
    • Lots of Peek and Hover fixes
    • THE OTA IS STILL BROKEN. WE KNOW.

May 23, 2014 - PA 4.3 Beta 6
    • The annoying Out-of-memory bug(s) should be squashed!
    • Stock kernel headset controls/accessories fixes
    • Lots of Peek and Hover fixes
    • More fixes to floating window

May 13, 2014 - PA 4.3 Beta 4
    • Hover now has 'swipe-to-dismiss' and a blacklist that sticks after rebooting
    • QS Tiles are properly aligned!
    • Fixes to floating window
    • Much more! READ THE PA CHANGELOG!

May 9, 2014 - PA 4.3 Beta 3 (rebuild)
    • I've decided on three total download locations moving forward. PM me if that is somehow an issue.
    • Fixed the extremely annoying in-call beeping
    • The OTA app now distributes people between Goo and the Official Mirror to reduce strain when new versions are released.
    • There is a known bug with SwiftKey sounds not playing (and probably all other m4a audio) that we already have fixed for the next version. If this is somehow vital to you, just wait til Tuesday or Wednesday.

May 7, 2014 - PA 4.3 Beta 3
    - HEY YOU! YEAH YOU. YOU NEED A NEW RECOVERY! Check out step 2 in the installation instructions above.
    - Check PA Changelog
    - We have an official Mirror, and as of Beta 3, the Paranoid OTA app will use that site for the ROM download!
    - Hover blacklist is now included.
    - AppOps fixed up
    - Go directly to floating mode from notification or Recents screen!
    - More, READ THE CHANGELOG!

May 1, 2014 - PA 4.3 Beta 2
    - I was too busy IRL to catch this, but the only real change was the ability to disable the IME notification.

April 30, 2014 - PA 4.3 Beta 1
    - Check PA Changelog
    - Hover is now included! Check out this hands-on video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_3Ik7m3z50
    - A new look for download notifications (pause, stop, speed, etc)
    - CM Voice+ is back in! (I've heard it allows texting over Google Voice, no idea, I don't use it)
    - Welcome to the 4.3 betas!

April 24, 2014 - PA 4.2 Beta 5
    - Check PA Changelog
    - Removed custom lockscreen wallpaper (until rewritten)

April 17, 2014 - PA 4.2 Beta 4 (REBUILD!)
    - Check This SPECIAL BUILD's changelog
    - ART IS NOW WORKING ON THE EVITA! I personally tested it.
    - My fix for Lockscreen Blur/"See Through" DID NOT work, unfortunately.

April 8, 2014 - PA 4.2 Beta 4
    - Check PA Changelog
    - Do not show advanced reboot options on secure lock screens
    - Other fixes and drawables updates

April 2, 2014 - PA 4.2 Beta 3
    - Updated immersive tile drawables
    - Show live wallpaper in recent apps view
    - Custom lock screen blur crash
    - Pie control graphics bug on recents??
    - On boot brightness bug
    - Random showing of navigation bar in Pie mode
    - OTA fixes

March 27, 2014 - PA 4.2 Beta 2
    - This is now an official Legacy device!
    - Paranoid OTA should now work for the ROM, give us some time to get the bugs worked out if not.
    - Peek is now included! Check the PA Changelog for information.
    - PIE 2.0 included! Check the PA Changelog for more info!
    - The QuickSettings 'Sound' tile (which flips over to Volume) is now back in PA!
    - Be sure to check out the Dialer settings for the new CM smart dialer options!

March 24, 2014 - PA 4.2 Beta 1
    - PA Lightbulb app, tile, and widget now working
    - Charging LED fixed!
    - Hboot 2.18 officially supported

KNOWN ISSUES,
    • Out of memory issues can cause weird bugs and/or random reboots. This is because of the device's age more than anything else.
    • You tell me! In the Q&A thread of course!

DONATIONS,
    Donate to PA Legacy!
    Click Here!
    Thank you to all who donate, it ALL goes towards the server/buildbot costs!

Donate to the main PA team

CREDITS,
    AOSP/Google, Cyanogenmod, Goo, XDA, Krebsmilk, giannisgx89, Liquid, AOKP, our users, supporters and donators, everyone who has helped us in the past.. a heartfelt thanks to all of you!

Huge thanks,
    intervigil, h8rift, toastcfh, deck, Flinny, Flemmard, Codeworkx, birdman, houstonn (legacy device bringup)

and a MASSIVE thanks to brotherross for 95% of the AOSPA device tree for evita, for getting this ROM off the ground for our phone, and for helping me through the build process. He may have moved on Nexus-land, but he will always be a big part of the Evita forums.

LINKS,
    Paranoid Android Development:
    Change Logs
    XDA Forum
    Github
    Gerrit

Parandoid Android Social:
    Google+
    Twitter
    Facebook

Other links:
    My GitHub - Features a full Evita device tree with use for AOSPA-Legacy
    My Twitter - Feel free to tweet me for help, questions, or just to say hi!

MIRROR AND ARCHIVE,

(Click to see more old builds)

List all Questions and Off-Topic discussions here

News on Me, PA 5.0 for the Evita, and Beyond

Hey everyone, I know it has gotten a little quiet in here, and the reason for that is because I ordered an AT&T LG G3 last week that will be here in a few hours. I struggled with the Nexus 6/G3 decision, and ultimately I think I made the right call based on me already owning a N7 '13 and not really needing a true phablet.

I will be posting a thread in the AT&T G3 forums in the next week or two for Paranoid Android 5.0, and will likely be maintaining the AT&T variant (D850) for the Legacy team.

What does this mean for the One X/Evita?

Thankfully, not a whole lot. I will be keeping ahold of my dear Evita, and once I have a little bit of time (hopefully soon), I am going to attempt to get Paranoid Android 5.0 going on it. Honestly, I have to thank @jrior001 for building CM12 for the Evita, proving to me that it IS possible to get some sweet Lollipop treats on our old, RAM-less device.

With the direction PA's main team usually takes with development, I can only see pain in the future as they add RAM/Processor intensive features to the ROM. These features will work splendidly on most current (2 years old or newer) devices, but not so much ours anymore. For this reason, I can see the Legacy team dropping 'Official' support for the Evita somewhere down the road. We need to trim the massive list of devices down, but we don't really want to do it if the device can still run the ROM reliably, so it's kind of still all up in the air.

If any aspiring builders have already (or would like to) build PA 5.0 for the Evita, I would love to see your work, and maybe we could talk about that person taking over some of the responsibilities around here in the future.

I have absolutely LOVED taking over from @brotherross on this project and learning from him to get started, and I couldn't ask for a more respectful and passionate little device community. If any of you are thinking of switching to the G3, that's where I will (mostly) be, but I will, of course, be a part of these forums until my Evita falls apart.
    The OP has been updated for 4.3 Beta 1!!!

Hover is now included! (Once there is a blacklist for certain apps I know I will love it)

Seems to be at least slightly more stable than last week's build.
    I'm very happy to report that after talking it over with some of the Paranoid Android Legacy guys, it was swiftly decided to make the HTC One X / evita one of the OFFICIALLY SUPPORTED LEGACY DEVICES! This just means quicker access to the features that are coming to the Official PA devices (non-legacy), and better support for myself in developing.

A re-build of Beta 2, with PEEK INCLUDED, is coming soon!
    README! I'm seeing a SystemUI Force-Close when opening the new Recents screen, this is also a known issue. It is going to happen regularly, beware! It's not a 100%-of-the-time issue though, so I will leave the links up for now.

I'm very happy to announce that we've gotten PA-Legacy builds for the 4.5 Alpha finished!

See this G+ post: https://plus.google.com/106020481530876935386/posts/KA1o3owVcf6

July 18th, 2014 - PA 4.5 Alpha 1
    • This has all the same features and updates as PA 4.43 in addition to....
    • THE NEW RECENT APPS SCREEN - PA was working on this for weeks before Google I/O, and then Android L was revealed to have a very similar style. I honestly like PA's more!
    • Enjoy everyone!

Known Legacy-Only Issue
    • The 'Clear All' button on the new Recents screen is obscured, so it won't work correctly. The PA team is helping the Legacy guys fix this, we're hopeful the next 4.5 build will have this fixed. If this feature is absolutely vital to you, please don't update to the 4.5 Alpha 1 build, you will be disappointed.

Downloads
    Legacy Mirror: http://aospal.hostingsharedbox.com/aospal/alphas/evita/
    Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/download/knpl4roru6kjid5/pa_evita-4.5-Alpha1-20140718.zip
    Dev-Host: http://d-h.st/ZNi
    md5: 129408f441f6907369691a183444f8ba

Video Overview