Updated modem to 4.4 need help

Search This thread

rambo8987

May 12, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I updated to modem from kk, but stayed using jb ROM, something happens so I had to Odin stock, now back on stock the phone hangs at TMobile screen or once booted displays no signal.
Sent from my SGH-T769 using xda app-developers app

BACARDILIMON

Jun 12, 2010
MASTIC BEACH NY
I updated to modem from kk, but stayed using jb ROM, something happens so I had to Odin stock, now back on stock the phone hangs at TMobile screen or once booted displays no signal.

If I am correct you can't swap modems like that. Need to full wipe and Odin over and clear again. If not you might have to update 4.4

TWEAKED N3

rambo8987

May 12, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro

Yea I flashed the kk modem through Odin as described in the forums, wish I hadent

stash9123

Jan 31, 2013
Yea I flashed the kk modem through Odin as described in the forums, wish I hadent

i pulled just the modem.bin from the kitkat update flashed it on my jb. havnt had any issues. i like kitkat but had alot of problems myself. i notice samsung has released many different versions of it as far as the internationals go and feel it will be the same with us. so im holding off.

dobbs3x

Dec 25, 2010
Eugene, OR
Would it be possible to flash a 4.3 modem on kitkat? I've had terrible data freezes on kitkat for the last 2 weeks. Have Odin back to official firmware 3 times, it does it on that, plus aosp, plus custom tw roms, double checked everything apn, etc. Still my data just stops for awhile and it's like it can't reconnect from standby to 4g.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Would it be possible to flash a 4.3 modem on kitkat? I've had terrible data freezes on kitkat for the last 2 weeks. Have Odin back to official firmware 3 times, it does it on that, plus aosp, plus custom tw roms, double checked everything apn, etc. Still my data just stops for awhile and it's like it can't reconnect from standby to 4g.

You could try it. When I had my att gs4 I flashed the modem backwards without issue... a few of us did to be able to enable the aws bands via a qcn file for a specific modem version. Just extract the modem.bin from the mi7 odin rar and stick it in the odin cp or phone field.

If you do, let us know if and how well or bad it works.

Last edited:

dobbs3x

Dec 25, 2010
Eugene, OR
I extracted the 4.3 modem.bin from the sammobile.com MI7 firmware. I tried to flash it through odin v3.09 as administrator and it looks like it flashes fine, no errors etc but when the phone reboots and I goto to about device section it still shows the NB4 baseband version. Phone is working fines still though.

Attempt 2, I used cygdrive to extract the modem.bin and tar it and tried to flash it through Odin v3.09 as-well and had the same results.

I am wondering if I need to wipe cache for the new version to show? Or is that version number in the about section set somewhere else? Is there a way to verify that I am using the 4.3 modem.bin from MI7 besides looking at the about section?

CrashTestDroid

Jul 12, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 8
I extracted the 4.3 modem.bin from the sammobile.com MI7 firmware. I tried to flash it through odin v3.09 as administrator and it looks like it flashes fine, no errors etc but when the phone reboots and I goto to about device section it still shows the NB4 baseband version. Phone is working fines still though.

Attempt 2, I used cygdrive to extract the modem.bin and tar it and tried to flash it through Odin v3.09 as-well and had the same results.

I am wondering if I need to wipe cache for the new version to show? Or is that version number in the about section set somewhere else? Is there a way to verify that I am using the 4.3 modem.bin from MI7 besides looking at the about section?

Sounds like the modem odin dance on jflte, maybe solution is the same?
flash modem in ODIN and UNcheck "autoreboot", it looks like it works, but it won't work yet... now manually keypress into Download mode again, re-ODIN the modem, and reboot. It should stick now.

That's what it took to do the modem upgrade on S4 while staying on original bootloader.