[Q] Any differences between leaked ICS and the official ICS?

Search This thread

retnuh

Nov 20, 2008
I flashed the following awhile back:
Baseband Version: I777UCLC2
Kernel Version: 3.0.15-I777UCLC@-CL170259
Build Number: IML74K.117

Now that the official ICS is being released, is there any difference from the version I flashed?

Thanks

Smacdallas

Nov 22, 2011
dallas

Now that the official ICS is being released, is there any difference from the version I flashed?

Thanks

Its not being released yet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

nbell13

Aug 10, 2011

Thanks

Official ICS isn't being released yet...

karate104

Nov 5, 2011
...what?

Official leak is still a leak. It comes from a source inside Samsung, it includes official AT&T software and tweaks, the ROM just hasn't been released to general public and may undergo further changes before being released.

The versions posted by Task have been edited by him, to include root and deodexing, as well as a stock kernel with CWM Recovery added (links were pulled recently due to some users reporting hard bricks).

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY

Thanks

There is no official ICS for I777. There is for I9100, which can be run on I777 with a custom kernel and a few small tweaks (see Hellraiser).

So the difference between leaked and official is that leaked exists.

Reactions: audiophan

erstad

Dec 15, 2010
Newton, NH
...what?

Official leak is still a leak. It comes from a sithource inside Samsung, it includes official AT&T software and tweaks, the ROM just hasn't been released to general public and may undergo further changes before being released.

The versions posted by Task have been edited by him, to include root and deodexing, as well as a stock kernel with CWM Recovery added (links were pulled recently due to some users reporting hard bricks).
I said it was official "leak"
Never said it was official release. Could be one day but in no way official release
But I'm going to say with no bearing that official ics will come in november.
Officially the non official release of official firmware was released by a official source of DG. Unofficially released from Samsung.

Last edited:
Reactions: j510

mfreywald

Aug 16, 2010
Never said it was official release. Could be one day but in no way official release
Officially the non official release of official firmware was released by a official source of DG. Unofficially released from Samsung.

Nevemind. Even task called it "official". Although technically, I would never call a leak "official".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium

Last edited:

Smokeaire

May 11, 2010
Missouri
Unlocked Galaxy S II in the United States receiving Ice Cream Sandwich

Unlocked Galaxy S II in the United States receiving Ice Cream Sandwich
by Quentyn Kennemer on April 20th, 2012 at 9:56 am
While a high majority of Galaxy S II variants in the United States have yet to receive Ice Cream Sandwich, users of the unlocked GSM version will be happy to know that they”re among the first owners in the country to be graced with the sweet upgrade. http://phandroid.com/2012/04/20/unl...e-united-states-receiving-ice-cream-sandwich/

I wonder how this will affect those that are running the variants of the "Official" leak? Will we have to do anything special to our phones before doing the real official OTA ICS?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks

There is no official ICS for I777. There is for I9100, which can be run on I777 with a custom kernel and a few small tweaks (see Hellraiser).

So the difference between leaked and official is that leaked exists.
    ...what?

Official leak is still a leak. It comes from a sithource inside Samsung, it includes official AT&T software and tweaks, the ROM just hasn't been released to general public and may undergo further changes before being released.

That's for people who bought I9100 units in the USA.

NOTHING to do with AT&T I777 units.