[ROM] Quattrimus JB (CM10, AOKP41)

Search This thread

tdm

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 7, 2011
Seattle
I did a search on my phone for *.log after I couldn't find that path you suggested, and all i have is sdcard/fix_permissions.log

Well I was able to flash CM10 back, so I tried your ROM again and it installed without error, but WiFi is still not working. So I go back to CM10, and guess what? My WiFi is acting the same way as it did on your ROM.

Signed,

Sad Sad Panda.

The recovery.log will be in /tmp while you are in recovery. When you reboot, the recovery copies that file over to somewhere in /cache. Maybe /cache/recovery_log or something. Search and you'll find it.

Get a logcat of the failed wifi connection and post it on pastebin, I'll take a look to see if anything stands out.

tdm

Jun 7, 2011
Seattle
Never lose a last_kmsg again! Here's a simple little script to save and rotate the last ten last_kmsg files in /data/local/tmp. Copy it to /system/etc/init.d directory, name it something like 02kmsg, and make it executable (mode 555). I might include this in my next build.

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh

logdir=/data/local/tmp

mkdir -p $logdir

basefile=$logdir/last_kmsg

if [ -f /proc/last_kmsg ]; then
if [ -e $basefile.9 ]; then
rm $basefile.9
fi
for n in 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0; do
if [ -e $basefile.$n ]; then
mv $basefile.$n $basefile.$(($n+1))
fi
done
cp /proc/last_kmsg $basefile.0
fi

jurassic512

Jun 13, 2010
The recovery.log will be in /tmp while you are in recovery. When you reboot, the recovery copies that file over to somewhere in /cache. Maybe /cache/recovery_log or something. Search and you'll find it.

Get a logcat of the failed wifi connection and post it on pastebin, I'll take a look to see if anything stands out.

I did not see recovery.log in recovery. Maybe I deleted it when i restored my CM10 backup.

khanfed

Oct 15, 2009
Does anyone else notice that contact (phoonebook ) search is case sensitive now?

Not sure if it was always like that.

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda app-developers app

tdm

Jun 7, 2011
Seattle
Got aosp41 booted and running. Brief overview:

Working:
* WiFi
* Bluetooth
* Back camera

Not working:
* Firmware links are not being created at first boot.
* Default RIL is not working, need CM's LGEQualcommUiccRIL and related stuff.
* Front camera
* USB storage

Maverick.Marq

Feb 10, 2012
Ottawa
Never lose a last_kmsg again! Here's a simple little script to save and rotate the last ten last_kmsg files in /data/local/tmp. Copy it to /system/etc/init.d directory, name it something like 02kmsg, and make it executable (mode 555). I might include this in my next build.

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh

logdir=/data/local/tmp

mkdir -p $logdir

basefile=$logdir/last_kmsg

if [ -f /proc/last_kmsg ]; then
if [ -e $basefile.9 ]; then
rm $basefile.9
fi
for n in 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0; do
if [ -e $basefile.$n ]; then
mv $basefile.$n $basefile.$(($n+1))
fi
done
cp /proc/last_kmsg $basefile.0
fi

I vote yes to this

tdm

Jun 7, 2011
Seattle
Busted! Adding the Qualcomm RIL stuff breaks the build...

target Dex: framework

trouble writing output: Too many methods: 65540; max is 65536. By package:

And this, ladies and gents, is why CM has framework2.jar. Need to get that going next.

Maverick.Marq

Feb 10, 2012
Ottawa
Busted! Adding the Qualcomm RIL stuff breaks the build...

target Dex: framework

trouble writing output: Too many methods: 65540; max is 65536. By package:

And this, ladies and gents, is why CM has framework2.jar. Need to get that going next.

Is this a phone limitation or android?

Does this also affect aokp?
Sent from my LG-P930 using xda app-developers app

altvolt74

Account currently disabled
Jan 5, 2011
Guaynabo
TDMCODE WOULD. U PORT IT.. if is so AWESOME! !!! MAKE MY DREAMS COME TRUE!!!!! PLZ LOL:p

Sent from my LG-SU640 using xda app-developers app

tdm

Jun 7, 2011
Seattle
I got the framework issue sorted out and now I'm debugging the RIL.

But I found something interesting...

I installed aosp41 and poked around a bit, then went to restore my backup of aokp41. But I accidentally hit backup instead of restore. And I noticed that the directory was named with the correct date/time. Previously, on both my nitro and spectrum, the date was wacky (1970 I think). I wonder what happened to fix that...?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Announcing Quattrimus: JB for the LG "iproj" family (Nitro, Spectrum, etc.)

What does not work?
    Most of the known CM10 bugs are present.

Kernel
    Overclocks to 1674 MHz.
    Compiled with Linaro.
    Source: github.com

Credits
    * The SpectrumHackers team at AF (death2all110, Neph81, PlayfulGod), for help with bringup and general wizardry.
    * Code Aurora, CM, AOKP, and many, many others.

Download for CM10
    getquattrimus.com [Hosting by Chris Talkington, TalkingtonTech]
    androidrepo.net [Hosting by Jeremy Countryman, HardCore FX Web Design]
    vmroms.com [Hosting by LeslieAnn]
    Current Version: 1.0
    md5=753930870c0f6416046a1ce6fc0f635d

Download for AOKP41
    getquattrimus.com [Hosting by Chris Talkington, TalkingtonTech]
    androidrepo.net [Hosting by Jeremy Countryman, HardCore FX Web Design]
    vmroms.com [Hosting by LeslieAnn]
    Current Version: 1.0
    md5=a2bb09b43cf37a3b47bd4348162593e5

Notes
    This is a "multi ROM". It will automatically detect your phone model and install the appropriate files.

Supported models:
    * i_atnt (P930, NitroHD)
    * i_vzw (VS920, Spectrum)

Phone model is detected using the SoC build id. If the install fails, send me the contents of your /sys/devices/system/soc/soc0/build_id and I'll add support.

i_skt and i_lgu support is in progress.

Install instructions
    * Install the latest recovery. As of this writing, it is CWMT 6.0.1.1. See other threads in this section for how to obtain and install it.
    * Download the ROM, verify the md5sum, and put it on the root of your sdcard.
    * Download JB 4.1 (not 4.2) gapps from goo.im, verify the md5sum, and put it on the root of your sdcard.
    * Power off your phone.
    * Hold volume-down and power until you see the scary warning screen.
    * Confirm by tapping the power button twice.
    * Make a backup of your current system (use the tar method!)
    * Do a full wipe / factory reset.
    * Install the ROM.
    * Install gapps.
    * Reboot.

When and why do I need to do a full wipe?
    Always do a full wipe when coming from a stock ROM or a ROM based on stock.

A full wipe is not necessary when coming from any version of CM, AOKP, or any other non-stock ROM.

Failure to wipe may cause system apps to misbehave (FC). The usual candidates for misbehaving include the clock, the launcher, and contacts storage. It will not damage or corrupt your phone.

This ROM contains a script that will automatically wipe data for system apps when upgrading to a different vendor (CM or AOKP) or a different Android base version (4.1, 4.2). So, for example:
    * When upgrading from CM10 RC5 to CM10 1.0, no data will be wiped because the vendor (CM) and version (4.1) match.
    * When upgrading from CM10 1.0 to AOKP41 1.0, system data will be wiped because the vendor does not match.

The script will never touch data for user installed apps.

Donations
    I don't accept donations. Please donate to the EFF or one of the hosting providers.
    Spent the day getting the kernel cleaned up for cm10.1 and fixing the crash I found the other day. Also unified the qcom boot scripts, cleaned up the device tree, and fixed the baseband version. And fixed the aokp audio and eri.xml for ivzw.

Ran out of time to wrap things up so I'll be releasing a build and syncing with github tomorrow.

The next build will probably be rc1 if it works out like planned.
    I'm considering ditching the multi-rom setup and creating individual roms for each phone variant. This will reduce the rom size by about 30mb, but will add a significant amount of compile time, disk space usage, and upload time on my end.

Don't! You're already doing everyone a favour by developing for this rom, you don't owe us anymore. 30mb is nothing considering the time it will cost you. If someone so desperately needs 30mb more of space and they won't delete anything then they can either go a buy a larger SD card if their phone takes one, or find a different ROM.

Thanks for all the development you've done for us and for being a very active member on the scene. It is much appreciated!
    rc3 is up. Changes from rc2:

* Use correct audio routing lib, fixes voice search etc.
    * Use p2p wifi firmware.

Notes:

wifi-p2p is untested. It seems to work for i_atnt (p930). The kernel instantly panics for i_vzw (VS920) when connecting in client mode (eg. accepting an invite). Server mode (eg. sending an invite) seems okay. This is under investigation.

I'm considering ditching the multi-rom setup and creating individual roms for each phone variant. This will reduce the rom size by about 30mb, but will add a significant amount of compile time, disk space usage, and upload time on my end.

The auto-wipe script is not included yet. It needs a bit of polish. Feel free to dirty flash from rc1 or rc2, but switching between cm10/aokp41 may be finicky and require wiping data for certain system apps. This is untested, but it was the case in ICS.

I've been really busy at work and will continue to be busy for the next week or two. Updates will be slow/sporadic.