How do TouchWiz users cope with NO group texting?

Search This thread

dreDrennon1

Jun 18, 2010
Nashville
Yes we all have that in stock tw. Try sending and receiving group text and you will see how messed up it is. The problem for starters is that when getting a group text it wont be properly threaded into the right group conversation. Instead you will get it into a completely seperate text depending on who sends it. You can send them just fine but when it comes to getting them from other people is when it gets really messed up.

I haven't had any problems me and my lodge brothers use it all of the time to discuss meeting times upcoming events whatever we have going on

Sent From My Galaxy Modded, Blue Beast.... With Them Multi Windows & The Ink On The Front ....

eaglesfan398

Jan 16, 2011
I use go SMS and the recent update works great. I get all group messages from iphone in one message. You have to enable it in settings.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Logicsupraboy1

Jan 4, 2012
I have a modified stock sms app that has group sms if you'd like it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

Logicsupraboy1

Jan 4, 2012
I'll just send you the one I'm using if you would like just add it to system/apps

And it will replace your messaging app.

Reactions: APeaceofStrange

blackguy101

Jun 11, 2012
I'll just send you the one I'm using if you would like just add it to system/apps

By any chance can you send it to me as well? I am very much interested in this. Also what are the steps in installing it to my phone? and last question is this the tw app or is it aosp?

Logicsupraboy1

Jan 4, 2012
Send me a pm with your email please and all you would have to do is just click on the attachment and make sure you have install from unknown sources enabled.

Reactions: blackguy101

blackguy101

Jun 11, 2012
Send me a pm with your email please and all you would have to do is just click on the attachment and make sure you have install from unknown sources enabled.

Thank you so much I really appreicate it! So i tested it out and it seems as if group messaging still does not work with the file you sent =/ is it possible that there is a setting that I must enable?

Logicsupraboy1

Jan 4, 2012
Hmm I'll send you another one but what you will have to do is this download the app from your computer rename it to SecMms.apk save it in any folder.
Then use root explorer navigate to the folder in which you saved the renamed apk and move it to system/apps and click yes if an option to replace existing file with the same name.

blackguy101

Jun 11, 2012
Hmm I'll send you another one but what you will have to do is this download the app from your computer rename it to SecMms.apk save it in any folder.
Then use root explorer navigate to the folder in which you saved the renamed apk and move it to system/apps and click yes if an option to replace existing file with the same name.

hmm ok ill try that out. I had moved the first file you sent me to system/apps but I hope this new file you are about to send helps thank you so much for your time I really appreciate it =)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It drives me nuts when I get those group texts from iPhone users. I love how android does it, separate threads

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
    One thing that kills me about stock touchwiz is the lack of group texting. I don't want to switch to a 3rd party SMS app, but I am thinking that is what I have to eventually do.

it isnt really "coping" when I have never wanted to group text. facebook tells all my friends what i want them to know about...
    I guess it's handy to the sender. I assume they haven't been on the other end though.

Is it even in option on a "stock" android phone. I've had moto, htc and now Samsung, I don't ever remember it being an option.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

It is standard now on aosp 4.2. I used to think it was annoying, but now after using it with friends, I see why it is useful personally.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2