T-Mobile update?

Search This thread

sandiegopaneraiguy

Jul 5, 2011
San Diego, CA
This morning I had a notification that an update was available for my T-Mobile SGN2. Of course when I accepted the terms, I received a pop up that my phone had been modified and the update was not applied.
Any ideas what this update consists of? Its the first update notification Ive received since purchasing the SGN2.

Coug76

Feb 27, 2011
East of Seattle
What version are you on presently? The current version is uvall4. Any other version might prompt the ota notification.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

jpeps3

Apr 5, 2011
Screen shot

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

UVALK8 might me old

sandiegopaneraiguy

Jul 5, 2011
San Diego, CA
Here you go.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361224986499.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361224986499.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 896
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361225011753.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361225011753.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 840

sandiegopaneraiguy

Jul 5, 2011
San Diego, CA
I realize that is not a T-Mobile ROM, that is why I was surprised when I received an update notification. I would be very pleased to have a T-Mobile update, as I prefer the look and feel of the stock ROMS anyway.
But if I were still running the original T-Mobile ROM, then I would have received an update... I am curious to see what others have received this message and/or update.

jinda628

Nov 12, 2012
New York
I'm still at UVALK8 as well. When I click "Check Updates", it says, "Your device has been modified. Software updates are not available"

My phone is rooted with stock ROM. Does this mean TMO detects the root and wont give me the update? :confused:
If yes, will I get the update if I unroot? Then just root again?

Markor13

Jul 19, 2010
Las Vegas
I'm still at UVALK8 as well. When I click "Check Updates", it says, "Your device has been modified. Software updates are not available"

My phone is rooted with stock ROM. Does this mean TMO detects the root and wont give me the update? :confused:
If yes, will I get the update if I unroot? Then just root again?

You will need to unroot and then buy Triangle Away from Google Play. Once you use Triangle Away and are unrooted you will then get the uodate.

Kozlov8

Dec 28, 2011
Massachusetts
I definitely read somewhere that Jelly Bean is confirmed for the note 2. I even heard that the original note is getting it too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When are we going to get 4.1.2 or higher? I assume we will never get 4.2 as the gs4 will be shipping with it.
    Are you on a full stock rom now, including stock recovery?
    You have to be on stock recovery to not be modified. If you still have CWM or TWRP, then you will always get the modified device pop up. Triangle Away just resets the binary so that there is no trace that you modified the device.

I didnt really install any ROM when I rooted. I just root to be able to use apps that needs it rooted.
    After not being able to get the update last night, I rooted it again and restored my apps but on stock rom.

But I am open to trying it again tonight if there are some recommendations.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
    you can update via samsung kies if you are running stock. no need to unroot. samsung kies will do it for you

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2