[Q] What ROMS (other than Droidkang) have the ability to disable "Smart Cover Wake?"

Search This thread

pappy97

Dec 5, 2012
[Q] What ROMS (other than Droidkang) have the ability to disable "Smart Cover Wake?"

I am currently running DK19 and one feature I love is that I can disable "Smart Cover Wake," it's in the display submenu. I have a flip cover and when that is enabled, when you close the flip cover the phone sleeps, and wakes up when you open it. I like to disable it at times, especially if I want to listen to something from youtube, but not watch it.

With DK not being updated often, I'd like to move to another ROM. Today I tried 3 other roms: Sensonic HD, Mahdirom, and AICP. None have this feature to be able to disable "Smart Cover Wake." I asked the dev behind cRoid about it, and he said he'd look into it, but he just released a new build so it could be a while,

Just wondering if someone knows of other current roms right now that have this feaure that allows you to disable smart cover wake. I'd love to jump on a current rom that has this feature.

Thanks!!

bushako

Mar 16, 2007
Dubai
I think I saw an xposed module that has an option to disable smart cover wake. Don't remember what its called but have a look around in their repository.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

pappy97

Dec 5, 2012
Thanks. I did look through the xposed list several times, couldn't find it. Anyone know of any roms other than DK that have it?

Thanks!!

pappy97

Dec 5, 2012
I would also gladly settle for a current custom rom that does not have smart cover at all, i.e. a rom that if you use a flip cover, opening and closing the cover does not wake/sleep the phone.

Thanks!

legsim

Nov 18, 2010
Lyon
I might be wrong but I think CM does not have this feature. Or at least did not back in December !

pappy97

Dec 5, 2012
I might be wrong but I think CM does not have this feature. Or at least did not back in December !

CM does not have it, I have tried CM and other CM based ROMS. Like I said, I have it on DroidKang (which is CM based), but I'd like to find it on other ROMS since DroidKang is not active. Surely there is another Nexus 5 ROM out there that has ability to disable smart cover wake. I don't think the dev behind DroidKang (who is now missing) developed this.

Last edited: