FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Sprint Galaxy S III bricked after 4.3 OVA update

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By MarleyPaws, Junior Member on 5th June 2014, 02:29 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've been browsing the forums for a few weeks, and I have tried every method that I could find. I got a notification the other week that my phone had an update, and it froze in the middle. Now when it turns on, it says that there was a problem with it and that I need to connect to Kies. Kies has never worked for me, and I have had the Captivate, the S II and now the S III. It won't recognize the phone at all. I have downloaded countless "Stock roms" for this phone and they all fail in Odin. I must be doing something wrong, because I was able to fix it before when I tried to change the hex(something) code so that I could use it on a different carrier. I bricked it then and it took a couple weeks before I found a rom that worked.
Anyways, I hope this is enough information, if you need anymore just ask, I would really appreciate some advice, and links to any thread that could propose a fix. I would also appreciate any good links to Stock roms for this model.

Thanks,
~Marlowe

6th June 2014, 12:17 AM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 4,855

Donate to Me
More
Try a different USB port, try a different USB cable, try rebooting?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2738533

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Wicked X v6.5, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.
8th June 2014, 07:38 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag San Luis Obispo
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roirraW "edor" ehT

Try a different USB port, try a different USB cable, try rebooting?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2738533

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Wicked X v6.5, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.

I've tried all the tricks like that, but this link does look promising. I am downloading the file right now, and will let you know how it works for me :3
Thank you so much!

~Marley
The Following User Says Thank You to MarleyPaws For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MarleyPaws Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)