Sprint 2.1 Eclair Release (HTC Hero & Samsung Moment)

Search This thread

ThatGuyFromSprint

Apr 14, 2010
Here's some info that i got earlier today, thought I would share with everyone:

the 2.1 update will be OTW Only, and available from Sprint.com/Download once released.
File size for the HTC Hero will be ~117mb, and Samsung Moment ~80mb
Post 2.1 MRs will be OTA as long as sizes are within sprint's technical capabilities (9mb limit on OTA), Otherwise they will be OTA from Google or OEM sources.

Release dates:
Moment - April 30
Hero - Week of May 1

So keep your eyes peeled, and before anyone asks, the reason that the Hero update is being released after the Moment, is due to Sense implementation.

Enjoy!

added source in post 126: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=6351589&postcount=126
added source in post 385: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=6442453&postcount=385

Last edited:

CarbonKang

Apr 6, 2010
Here's some info that i got earlier today, thought I would share with everyone:

the 2.1 update will be OTW Only, and available from Sprint.com/Download once released.
File size for the HTC Hero will be ~117mb, and Samsung Moment ~80mb
Post 2.1 MRs will be OTA as long as sizes are within sprint's technical capabilities (9mb limit on OTA), Otherwise they will be OTA from Google or OEM sources.

Release dates:
Moment - April 30
Hero - Week of May 1

So keep your eyes peeled, and before anyone asks, the reason that the Hero update is being released after the Moment, is due to Sense implementation.

Enjoy!

Not this again xD

ThatGuyFromSprint

Apr 14, 2010
I agree. Thx for the info(if its true), ThatGuyFromSprint.

It's as true as it comes, i can't divulge my direct source without risking losing my job, and it's not worth it.

But, i'll say this, the info is a synopsis of information that TSS and ATS groups got as of yesterday concerning the update, and it comes from the development group. It's information we can give over the phone, but all we can say is that it's information from the development group working on the update.

It does not benefit us though. Don't gain anything from knowing how long we have to wait.

so if i was to say, that i knew the actual release date of the EVO, you wouldn't want that because it's of no benefit to you in the sense of preparation?

Last edited:

ThatGuyFromSprint

Apr 14, 2010
Take the information as you will, i'll let the negativity mongers tear it apart as much as they want...

Those who appreciate the information, your welcome, and thanks for your support.

the rest of you, well, you know how that works.

As for this thread, my work is done here.

troyboytn

Sep 21, 2009
Knoxville
I wouldnt believe it if Dan Hesse himself came here to officially announce it. It will come, when it comes and not a second earlier. Hearsay wont make it happen any quicker.

Jus10o

Mar 11, 2010
Of all people that post information or say anything about 2.1 release. This OP seems to actually know alot more then most. Read anything he has posted in the past, he has never once said some dumb rumor and all of his post are very intelligent.
I would say if anyone were to post information, i would take if from this guy above all others.