[ROM][BETA] MIUI4DX2 Beta1 on behalf of aceoyame

Search This thread

samari71

Jan 25, 2009
changing back to stock rom from the looks of it the problems with miui4dx2 and cm9dx2 are never going to be solved so just going to wait for possible offical update

iBolski

changing back to stock rom from the looks of it the problems with miui4dx2 and cm9dx2 are never going to be solved so just going to wait for possible offical update

Huh? Ace and DZK are hard at work on this stuff. They aren't doing this full-time because they have other commitments (school, work, lives).

You just have to be patient. It took DZK at least three months to get CM7 released. Yeah, it has some minor "features", but nothing that is a show stopper. I use CM7 as my daily driver. In fact, it's pretty darned stable.

As for an official update, if you mean from Motorola, don't hold your breath.

As it is, I'm currently looking into an HTC. Motorola has pretty much done enough damage in my eyes to their customer relationship that I don't want to deal with them anymore. So, the X2 is my final Motorola device.

jsgraphicart

Nov 25, 2011
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 7 Pro

If you are going to be waiting for anything official, then prepare for a long wait. Motorola probably wont be giving us ICS anytime soon. And MIUI and Cyanogenmod probably wont officially support our phone. So your best bet on getting ICS or any kind of MIUI, CM7 or CM9, other than the work these guys are doing for us, is to get another phone. Just letting you know.

Bohnsta

Feb 12, 2012
Fredericksburg
He said wait for the possible official update... Lmfao, Android 5.2.3. will be here before Moto rolls that out. If you want soemthing done, do it yourself. ;)

trafalger888

Aug 18, 2010
He said wait for the possible official update... Lmfao, Android 5.2.3. will be here before Moto rolls that out. If you want soemthing done, do it yourself. ;)

+1

I would rather wait for something from the devs that we have in our community. Better products and better support here than anything that I've ever gotten from the manufacturer of our phones

Sent from my MB870 using xda premium

iBolski

+1

I would rather wait for something from the devs that we have in our community. Better products and better support here than anything that I've ever gotten from the manufacturer of our phones

Sent from my MB870 using xda premium

Exactly. At least Ace and DZK give twitter updates on the progress of their work.

What has Motorola done for us lately?

Nahda! Squat! Zilcho! Not a thing!

So, I'll wait for the "official" release of CM9 and CM7 Part Deux instead. We at least know those are in the works and eventually shall be released way before Motorola decides whether or not to unlock the bootloaders and/or release ICS.

Last edited:

trafalger888

Aug 18, 2010
Exactly. At least Ace and DZK give twitter updates on the progress of their work.

What has Motorola done for us lately?

Nahda! Squat! Zilcho! Not a thing!

So, I'll wait for the "official" release of CM9 and CM7 Part Deux instead. We at least know those are in the works and eventually shall be released, unlock Motorola and their unlocked bootloaders and ICS.

I am anxious for CM9 to be released...I got the flashing bug and from what I read there is an update to MIUI coming soon but I had to flash this current one just to give it a go

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium

trafalger888

Aug 18, 2010
Nice it will be cool to see the newest update...soon hopefully...I'm glad he was able to get it fixed

samari71

Jan 25, 2009
sorry guys woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning and couldnt play my favorite android game and my verizon dsl has problem in thier system and the speed is slower than dailup so please forgive me just a bad monday

Android.Ninja

Jan 3, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
sorry guys woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning and couldnt play my favorite android game and my verizon dsl has problem in thier system and the speed is slower than dailup so please forgive me just a bad monday

LoL. No problem at all.
We have some really good developers here. They are working hard on their own time to give us the options we have now.

All of the bugs are being worked out and soon we will have some really nice polished roms to choose from. The ones now are still by far much much better than stock. Trust me. :)

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

samari71

Jan 25, 2009
hey anybody have any luck getting deadspace to work on miui mine starts to run has sound then just as it begins to start where i left off shuts down i know it has to be a simple solution because the game fully loads also brisksabre works but no sound still fun

iBolski

Per Ace's twitter, we should see MIUI out sometime tonight possibly:

Done packaging, just gonna test install and then view a few homes for rent and then release!

It will be released as a nandroid zipped up.

Can't wait to see what this looks like. Gonna start nandroiding my CM7 installation in anticipation.

Bummer! Latest tweet from Ace:

well sh#t for some reason the nandroids cam isnt working

Last edited:

samari71

Jan 25, 2009
ace tweet is saying camcorder kinda took a **** but should be able to fix it easy possible releease tonight maybe he knows whats wrong no yay aww lol

iBolski

Apparently, per Ace's twitter, nandroiding isn't working. When he nandroid restores, things break even though they were working when he backed it up.

Makes me wonder if there's something he's changed that the nandroid backup isn't picking up? I know it doesn't backup and restore the kernel, but he isn't touching that since we are still on the GB kernel and he can't replace it due to the locked bootloader.

Looks like we wait a little longer.

trafalger888

Aug 18, 2010
Apparently, per Ace's twitter, nandroiding isn't working. When he nandroid restores, things break even though they were working when he backed it up.

Makes me wonder if there's something he's changed that the nandroid backup isn't picking up? I know it doesn't backup and restore the kernel, but he isn't touching that since we are still on the GB kernel and he can't replace it due to the locked bootloader.

Looks like we wait a little longer.

Yeah...I noticed his tweet earlier this morning...not sure what would cause things that he fixed not to work when he made the nandroid

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aceoyame presents to you...

MIUI4DX2 Beta 1

Bear with me for the awful quality of the screenshots. Screenshots crash the system server. Took these photos with my iPod Touch.

qv8v9s.jpg
    R1lO8s.jpg
    SAt90s.jpg
    3JDmNs.jpg
    RjIKys.jpg
    FQJQvs.jpg
    5GQeks.jpg
    7q7css.jpg

To see the screenshots in large size, goto: http://imgur.com/a/n63L9

This wouldn't have been here without the combined efforts of all the devs who worked on 2nd-init and CM7 so thanks to all and of course thanks to aceoyame (I DID NOT MAKE THIS AT ALL, JUST POSTING IT ON BEHALF OF ACEOYAME).

Note:
    This requires Dragonzkiller's modified BSR (posted in CM7 thread and linked here for convenience).

Includes:
    • Same Hardware working as CM7 i.e. CDMA/3G, WiFi, Bluetooth, Camera.
    • ICS Framework
    • MIUI US apps
    • MIUI Control panel
    • Black Ice theme default

Known Issues:
    • MIUI's camera FC's on saving pictures. This release is using CM7's camera app which works
    • Screenshots are crashing system server
    • The Black Ice Theme may not apply fully on install. Just choose it in the theme manager after install and you should be good to go.
    • FM and HDMI is not working

How to Install:
    1. Nandroid Backup
    2. SBF to 2.3.4 unless you are already there.
    3. Root your Motorola Droid X2.
    4. Install the Motorola Droid X2 Bootstrap Recovery (BSR).
    5. Put the MIUI4DX2 zip and the dragonzkiller's patched BSR apk on the external SD card.
    6. Boot into BootStrap Recovery.
    7. YOU MUST WIPE DATA AND CACHE! This has 4.0 framework and is very different from CM7's or any other ROM's 2.3.x framework.
    8. Install the MIUI4DX2 zip.
    9. IMPORTANT! Wipe data and cache (factory reset) and wipe dalvik cache!
    10. Boot your phone into MIUI. (You will probably have to activate if you didn't after you SBF'd and setup your Google account here.)
    11. Install the patched Motorola Droid X2 Bootstrap Recovery (BSR). (This can be found in the download section of this post. Once you have MIUI4DX2 installed, you MUST install this BSR!)
    12. Go into the Android Market and update the apps on the phone.
    13. Sit back and enjoy MIUI on your DX2!
    14. Never user RomManager! NEVER DELETE ANYTHING FROM PREINSTALL!

NOTE: If you get a hang on the M after the install, it may be because you did not wipe data and cache. Try getting into stock recovery by having the phone off, pressing the Vol Down and Power Buttons until the "Fastboot" appears on your screen, scroll DOWN until you see the "Android Recovery" and press Vol Up. You will then see an android with an exclamation point. Press BOTH volume buttons and scroll down to "Wipe Data." Press the power button to select it and scroll down to "Yes" and select that. Then reboot and WAIT! The initial boot takes the longest. If this still doesn't work, THEN SBF and follow the directions above EXACTLY.

Using the Patched Bootstrap Recovery With MIUI4DX2
    In order to get into recovery with MIUI4DX2 you ABSOLUTELY MUST download the patched BSR APK located in the download section of this post! There was a problem with the "hijack" name. It is conflicting with the CM7 hijack (MIUI uses CM7 hijack). NEVER install the original BSR while in MIUI4DX2! This is a guaranteed way to boot loop your phone! It might not boot loop the first couple of reboots, but it will... Eventually!

Download:
    Put these on your EXTERNAL sd card.
    MIUI4DX2 Beta 1 md5 sum: eeb013fceeb06e6ca412e3b80484aa13
    Patched BSR APK by dragonzkiller

Stay tuned for upcoming releases:
    Next release will have added scripts, a few fixes and possibly working FM - via aceoyame twitter

YOU CAN POST BUG REPORTS HERE, BUT IDEALLY PING ACEOYAME ON TWITTER @aceoyame.

P.S.: You can donate to aceoyame by sending him a beer to paypal at: schmidt_nathan2002@hotmail.com

Peace \m/
    :( Maybe let dragonzkiller continue what he started? Not that I don't appreciate your work aceoyame but I mean dragonz releases updates quick and effectively...

Thanks though :/

Wow, have you ever had to do something like what Ace has been doing? He DOES have a full-time job and is married, so he's doing this on his own time in addition to balancing a work load and marriage.

ACE is having to take MIUI code and get it working on a device it wasn't written for specifically. In the case of what he was having issues with, it's not open-source. Apparently, the MIUI team owns it and doesn't release the source, so he is at their mercy right now. And, with this not being an official MIUI release (just like CM7 isn't an official Cyanogenmod release), Ace has to rely on others to help out and not the MIUI team. It's not like he HASN'T been working hard at this.

Seems a little ungrateful and it's that attitude that has caused other developers to leave XDA and not develop for Android phones.

I can understand if you paid him to deliver you something, but considering he's doing this and not charging us a penny for it (only asking for donations), could we show him some more respect?

Let's instead be grateful and thankful that he even got us a very functional and sustainable MIUI build.

Not trying to belittle you or anything, but the post just came across wrong. If you meant no harm by it, then I apologize, but I've seen too many developers scared away when people make comments like what you just did.
    Just noticed that the top bar battery doesn't work either.

Easiest way to get top bar to work is

1) Change to top bar in settings
    2) Go to the MIUI control panel app
    3) Change the color of the top bar under color settings
    4) Go back to Battery settings and click "Show battery" off and then on

Then it should show up.

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

FYI For everyone

If you see Android System using quite a bit of battery (like on mine) you can use TiBU to freeze the app called "Telocation Provider". AFAIK this has something to do with the Chinese ROM and will not affect us or do anything good for us except drain battery. We use to disable it on my Captivate and Inspire.

Also, apparently there is a wake lock issue and thats why Android OS is using 50% CPU on my phone lol.
    Just wanted to share a helpful tip for us Droid X2 MIUI users since a lot of the themes arent the right resolution for us. Maybe some of you could find this useful. There are also a lot of themes that have been converted by users in the thread already as well.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1391013

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 AM ----------

And if you are a fan of black, here is a really nice theme:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=951510
    Ok as posted in the older thread when sitting on the home screen and pressing the up volume rocker 2 to 3 time it causes a hot reboot, coupled with that the sound settings are taking effect or something because I get sound on and off on the system. example I have it set to click when selecting an item and it doesn't, however the unlock sound does work. The music player doesn't play, it gives you about 2 secs of play (no sound) and then stops. It doesn't FC or anything just doesn't work.

I have tried a reboot to fix some of these with no luck.

EDIT: Changing from the default theme fixed the sounds issues.

Slim!