[DISCONTINUED] Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 Official Modem List

Search This thread

thron linn

Jul 11, 2015
download link is dead...pls

Hi Mr/Mrs,
I can't download that files.

Update: Hi guys I have discontinued this thread to the fact that I do no longer own a N7100 device.
Hi Guys,
I thought of creating an official Modem list for the Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 Modems
I will be adding all the modems available in CWM flashable zips.

What is a modem?
Modem/Radio/Baseband is all the same thing and can be seen by going to Settings - About device - Baseband version. It's basically a driver which receives and sends Mobile Network signals as well as handling switching between GPRS, 3G, HSDPA etc....... (but not WiFi connection, that and switchover between Mobile Network and WiFi is handled by the kernel). Reasoning as to why Modem has no influence on WiFi can be found in this post by Entropy

Why?
Sometimes some custom roms come with modems for various regions. If your modem is designed for different regions than yours then the chances are that it will sometime not work with optimal network performance.

You should look into changing your modem if you are experiencing the following... (I'm writing this from my personal experience, so all may not apply to you).

Poor 3G speeds
Very fast battery drain whilst on 3G
Poor call reception

How to check
Settings >> About device >> Baseband version

Requests
If you want I can make CWM flashable zips, I just need modem donors who will send me modem.bin files with relevant versions so that I could build up this list. You are free to PM me as well.
It is not practical for me to go around downloading all the N7100 roms in the world and extract the modem file.

How to Extract

If you have the N7100 rom zip
1. Extract zip
2. Send me a zip file of the following files modem.bin, optional (/system/lib/libril.so, /system/lib/libsec-ril.so)

From an already installed N7100 (if you do not have the ROM zip with you)
First of all you need to extract a modem if and only if you are in following situations
1. You use a network specific rom and you need to backup the network specific modem and move to a custom rom.
2. Your friend is using a network specific rom and you want to use the same modem.

***[WARNING!]Modems are device dependent

To extract the phone you are extracting must be rooted and usb debugging enabled:
Use adb to dump the modem to your internal phone memory, use this command

Code:
adb shell
su
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p10 of=/sdcard/modem.bin bs=4096
exit

The dumped size will be bigger like 88MB don't worry just zip it and send me the link, I will make a CWM Installer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download Links (CWM Flashable)

Modems With Android 4.3

XXEMI6
XXEMI6

XXEMJ2
XXEMJ2

XXEMJ5
XXEMJ5

Modems With Android 4.1.2

XXALIH
XXALIH

DDALJ1
DDALJ1

UBALJ1
UBALJ1

DXALJ1
DXALJ1

XXDLJ2
XXDLJ2

XXALJ2
XXALJ2

NEDLK1
NEDLK1
NEDLK1-RIL

DXDLK5
DXDLK5

XXDLK7
XXDLK7

XXDMB2
XXDMB2

The following modems are only compatible with 4.1.2 firmware builds ME6 or later and before MI6

XXDME4
XXDME4

DXDMF1
DXDMF1

DDDMG1
DDDMG1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks
Wanam - for sending me various modems bundled with ROMS :)

wisecracker143

Aug 31, 2013
90db431ab0cf99c8acb3443f330e791f.jpg
...need help...am on kitkat and my modem is 4.1...so an facing network issues like no Sim...if one can provide me with nd1 modem flashable zip...

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

farondin

Nov 20, 2012
Hello,
I'm using Resurrection Remix 5.11 Rom based on CM12.1 for my note 2 N7100. I have mobile data issues. Before trying the rom, I backed up my stock rom for Turkey (4.4.2). Could I use that backup zip to extract modem, and would it work for 5.11?

farondin

Nov 20, 2012
Model: GT-N7100
Model name: GALAXY Note II
Version: Android 4.4.2
Changelist: 1280411
Build date: Tue, 08 Apr 2014 17:52:29 +0000
Product Code: XEF
PDA: N7100XXUFND3
CSC: N7100OXAFND3
MODEM: N7100XXUFND3

Modem without RIL (for CWM/TWRP)

and
RIL libs for modem (for CWM/TWRP)
plz backup original /system/lib/libril.so and /system/lib/libsec-ril.so before flashing this file

Can you tell me please what is the use of the ril files?

Sent From My New Galaxy S5 GT-N7100

Hello, do we need to flash one of these files based on our recovery? I use twrp.

farondin

Nov 20, 2012
Yes, these files for flashing via recovery. But you don't need to flash RIL as mentioned before and this modem too old. Find and flash 'fresh' modem

bla-bla-bla

Thank you, but I'm on Resurrection Remix rom and android 5.11. I'm having problems with mobile data. I saw that the latest official rom for Turkey has the same modem code as the one you provided. How can I find a fresher one?

jesus_c

Mar 15, 2007
MKADsk

andersonzng

Jun 4, 2015
UBALJ1.zip

someone have the UBALJ1.zip file? The link on the first post didn't work... and a second question: can i use this baseband from android 4.1 on my cyanogenmod 12.1 (android 5.1)? I actually have issues with my wifi conection, and i hear that this problem comes with android 4.2 above.

andersonzng

Jun 4, 2015
someone have the UBALJ1.zip file? The link on the first post didn't work... and a second question: can i use this baseband from android 4.1 on my cyanogenmod 12.1 (android 5.1)? I actually have issues with my wifi conection, and i hear that this problem comes with android 4.2 above.

I used a modem.bin file from n7100UBALJ1.tar.md5, convert it with 7zip in a .tar file, and then flash it with odin. Didn't worked. The signal is the same. Horrible wifi signal. I think the problem is a part of hardware. And at same time, my 3g signal dind't connect to operator.

Last edited:

elsaedy

Jan 2, 2015
please any one have this modem .really i need it
Build date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 23:38:50 +0000
Product Code: EGY
PDA: N7100XXUFND4
CSC: N7100OJVFND3
http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=30164
i serched alot but i cannot find it .and i cannot extract it from stock

Reactions: mahmoud.omar

FuTChY

Jun 11, 2012
Egypt - Cairo

FuTChY

Jun 11, 2012
Egypt - Cairo

Attachments

• N7100XXUFND3_modem.zip
    5 MB · Views: 1,177
  • Modem_CWM_N7100_XXU1AOB3.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 786

esi-3fat

Jun 5, 2016
reqest modem

please let modem file for Galaxy note 2 N7100

Model name GALAXY Note Ⅱ
Country Iran
Version Android 4.4.2
Changelist 3569041
Build date Fri, 12 Dec 2014 11:24:13 +0000
Security Patch Level N/A
Product code THR
PDA N7100XXUFNL1
CSC N7100OJVFOA1
please! please!

Androidwizzard

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2013
please let modem file for Galaxy note 2 N7100

Model name GALAXY Note Ⅱ
Country Iran
Version Android 4.4.2
Changelist 3569041
Build date Fri, 12 Dec 2014 11:24:13 +0000
Security Patch Level N/A
Product code THR
PDA N7100XXUFNL1
CSC N7100OJVFOA1
please! please!
Find and follow my signature link

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update: Hi guys I have discontinued this thread to the fact that I do no longer own a N7100 device.
    Hi Guys,
    I thought of creating an official Modem list for the Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 Modems
    I will be adding all the modems available in CWM flashable zips.

What is a modem?
    Modem/Radio/Baseband is all the same thing and can be seen by going to Settings - About device - Baseband version. It's basically a driver which receives and sends Mobile Network signals as well as handling switching between GPRS, 3G, HSDPA etc....... (but not WiFi connection, that and switchover between Mobile Network and WiFi is handled by the kernel). Reasoning as to why Modem has no influence on WiFi can be found in this post by Entropy

Why?
    Sometimes some custom roms come with modems for various regions. If your modem is designed for different regions than yours then the chances are that it will sometime not work with optimal network performance.

You should look into changing your modem if you are experiencing the following... (I'm writing this from my personal experience, so all may not apply to you).

Poor 3G speeds
    Very fast battery drain whilst on 3G
    Poor call reception

How to check
    Settings >> About device >> Baseband version

Requests
    If you want I can make CWM flashable zips, I just need modem donors who will send me modem.bin files with relevant versions so that I could build up this list. You are free to PM me as well.
    It is not practical for me to go around downloading all the N7100 roms in the world and extract the modem file.

How to Extract

If you have the N7100 rom zip
    1. Extract zip
    2. Send me a zip file of the following files modem.bin, optional (/system/lib/libril.so, /system/lib/libsec-ril.so)

From an already installed N7100 (if you do not have the ROM zip with you)
    First of all you need to extract a modem if and only if you are in following situations
    1. You use a network specific rom and you need to backup the network specific modem and move to a custom rom.
    2. Your friend is using a network specific rom and you want to use the same modem.

***[WARNING!]Modems are device dependent

To extract the phone you are extracting must be rooted and usb debugging enabled:
    Use adb to dump the modem to your internal phone memory, use this command

Code:
    adb shell
    su
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p10 of=/sdcard/modem.bin bs=4096
    exit

The dumped size will be bigger like 88MB don't worry just zip it and send me the link, I will make a CWM Installer.

Download Links (CWM Flashable)

Modems With Android 4.3

XXEMI6
    XXEMI6

XXEMJ2
    XXEMJ2

XXEMJ5
    XXEMJ5

Modems With Android 4.1.2

XXALIH
    XXALIH

DDALJ1
    DDALJ1

UBALJ1
    UBALJ1

DXALJ1
    DXALJ1

XXDLJ2
    XXDLJ2

XXALJ2
    XXALJ2

NEDLK1
    NEDLK1
    NEDLK1-RIL

DXDLK5
    DXDLK5

XXDLK7
    XXDLK7

XXDMB2
    XXDMB2

The following modems are only compatible with 4.1.2 firmware builds ME6 or later and before MI6

XXDME4
    XXDME4

DXDMF1
    DXDMF1

DDDMG1
    DDDMG1

Thanks
    Wanam - for sending me various modems bundled with ROMS :)
    Extra Info

Region Code
    (info referred from geko95gek's post)
    The name of the Modem usually specifies the region its intended for, however... this doesn't mean it will work best for you. Classification of the Modem regions is as follows:

CE---> Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands
    DC---> Thailand
    DD---> India
    DX---> Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam
    DZ---> Malaysia, Singapore
    JA---> South Africa
    JC---> Algeria, Morocco, Nigeria, South Africa, Tunisia
    JP---> Arabic, Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Morocco, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Syria
    JV---> Tunisia, Turkey
    UG---> North America
    UH---> Latin America, The Caribbean
    XE---> Bulgaria, Estonia, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Russia, Ukraine
    XX---> Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, United Kingdom
    XW---> Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Nordic, Spain, United Kingdom
    ZC---> China, Hong Kong
    ZH---> Hong Kong
    ZS---> China, Hong Kong
    ZT---> Taiwan

After you install the modem, here is how to check the speeds and signal strength

Signal strength and quality can be tested using this app: Network Signal Info

Download and upload speeds on your network with a current Modem can be tested using this app: Speedtest.net
    You be great if you could provide libril.so and libsec-ril.so from /system/lib/ as mentioned in the OP.

Sent From My New Galaxy S5 GT-N7100

Build date: Tue, 08 Apr 2014 17:52:29 +0000
    Product Code: XEF
    PDA: N7100XXUFND3
    CSC: N7100OXAFND3

Modem without RIL (for CWM/TWRP)

and
    RIL libs for modem (for CWM/TWRP)
    plz backup original /system/lib/libril.so and /system/lib/libsec-ril.so before flashing this file
    New Modem

Its from:
    Android 4.1.2 Jun 2013
    N7100XXDME6_N7100OXADME2_N7100XXDME4_XEF (France)Multi CSC: XEF-FRANCE, BTU- UNITED KINGDOM, DBT-GERMANY, ITV-ITALY, CPW-UK & IRE, XEO-POLAND

So in short its for all of Europe.
    CM 10.1 Reports it as XXDME4
    It installs modem.bin and libril.so & libsec-ril.so all at once.

Have fun and say Thanks

removed cause of changes in cm and some thankless brats
    Modem: N7100dxufnd2

Changelist: N/A
    Build date: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 +0000
    Product Code: XME
    PDA: N7100XXUFND4
    CSC: N7100OLBFND1
    MODEM: N7100DXUFND2