FORUMS

[V4A][IRS][DDC]103 Headphone correction IRS/DDC filters--2016-06-05 5 new HiFi models

490 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,385

By Joe0Bloggs, Senior Member on 21st July 2013, 05:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th April 2015, 11:30 AM |#1001  
Thanks Meter: 403

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe0Bloggs

I've bought a pair of Soundmagic E10 from mp4nation. Thanks to everyone who donated, and those who donated with a view to getting a better profile for the E10. Now to wait for them to arrive so I can listen to and tune them

I'm still very busy and may not have time to take up other requests, unfortunately. I am also finding that it is better if I have the earphones in question myself, to test and confirm any DDC or IRS produced.

There are also quite a few profiles for Chinese earphones produced without announcement. You may browse my dropbox to see if there's something I didn't announce that happens to be there

Good to hear that Hope you gonna make a good DDC which will satisfy all E10 users, because this phones can do a lot. Pay attention to 5500Hz and especially 8200Hz, hope you gonna spot them too
I personally don't need a DDC as I managed to tune E10's to even more impossibly ultimate sound now, crazy s**t for couple of bucks I would say. Of course Viper helps a lot.
And I hope you gonna receive genuine pair of this phones, they've been counterfeited a lot
Anyway I'm eagerly waiting for your results with them
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flither For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift flither Ad-Free
10th April 2015, 12:00 AM |#1002  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
vmoda m100
vmoda m100 (with XL Memory Cushions) v4a profile. i use it with the pure audio engine on nexus 6.
recommended fauxsound setting: +6 dB
Attached Files
File Type: zip vmoda m100 (2 preset).zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.0 KB, 80 views)
10th April 2015, 12:47 AM |#1003  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 1,397

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by goila

vmoda m100 v4a profile:

Is this a profile or a DDC file? If this is a profile then this isn't the place to share it.
10th April 2015, 06:09 AM |#1004  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Please someone make a profile for Xiaomi Piston 3 IEM thank youu

Sent From OnePlusOne
11th April 2015, 12:11 PM |#1005  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 101

More
Hi there my friends! Can some1 make a profile for Phiaton MS200 moderna headphones? Here the link on golden ears: http://en.goldenears.net/27340 . I do enjoy they sound with plugged into my PC`s creative x-fi soundcard (crystalizer) or with viper`s convolier( x-fi 44k z edition only crystalizer 5).
Mostly i listen to rock/metall/electro music. My sound taste is sennheiser hd 598 and audio-technika
13th April 2015, 06:33 PM |#1006  
Flag Cleveland, OH
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Thanks to @Joe0Bloggs for this thread. I was able to make a DDC for my Shure SE535 IEM's that really improved my listening experience. I used the headphone frequency response chart on Innerfidelity, along with the Harman Target Frequency Response Curve information.

The Harman Target Response is suppose to be the ideal curve, of a headphone's frequency response chart, to produce a neutral sound. So I boosted areas where the SE535 headphone chart was below the Harman targets (basically the suggestions in the article). See the attachments for what I produced (Electri-Q graph and DDC). I'd love to get some feedback on it, but to my ears it sounds amazing. Thanks again.

EDIT - The only other V4A settings I have turned on are the Spectrum Expansion (1.0), and Dynamic System (Common Earphone v2 - 0%). My source is a Note 2 with Boeffla Sound (no enhancements).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SE535 DDC.jpg
Views:	548
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	3261044  
Attached Files
File Type: zip SE535 Custom 19.zip - [Click for QR Code] (429 Bytes, 102 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to speedyd718 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift speedyd718 Ad-Free
14th April 2015, 03:55 PM |#1007  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyd718

Thanks to @Joe0Bloggs for this thread. I was able to make a DDC for my Shure SE535 IEM's that really improved my listening experience. I used the headphone frequency response chart on Innerfidelity, along with the Harman Target Frequency Response Curve information.

The Harman Target Response is suppose to be the ideal curve, of a headphone's frequency response chart, to produce a neutral sound. So I boosted areas where the SE535 headphone chart was below the Harman targets (basically the suggestions in the article). See the attachments for what I produced (Electri-Q graph and DDC). I'd love to get some feedback on it, but to my ears it sounds amazing. Thanks again.

EDIT - The only other V4A settings I have turned on are the Spectrum Expansion (1.0), and Dynamic System (Common Earphone v2 - 0%). My source is a Note 2 with Boeffla Sound (no enhancements).

Good to see people tuning their headphones on their own, rather than waiting for help from heaven. I tuned my headphones (Soundmagic E10) also by myself, but without using DDC, using just a parametric equalizer and of course Viper. The final effect is more than I could imagine now, but during hours of tests I think I've lost some part of my hearing range (cannot really hear anything above 14000Hz now, 2 years ago it was 18000Hz, but it could be due to temporary ear fatigue or I'm just getting older ). But it was worth it - if you ask me.
Your Viper configuration is quite similar to mine, I just use less of Spectrum Expansion - 0.5, little bit more Dynamic System (Common Earphone v2 - 8%) and additionally Field Surround - Strenght 6, Middle Strenght - Max. Optionally I use Viper Clarity - Ozone 3.5dB.
But trust me - you're not done with tuning yet
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flither For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift flither Ad-Free
15th April 2015, 04:21 PM |#1008  

More
Soundmagic E10 next update
Hi all SM ETenners!
As I said - you're never done with tuning
I've been working hard on achieving even more juice from this God-Sent earphones.
So, read me carefully - I'm closer and closer to juice out our E10 completely, of course with Equal Loudness Curve applied, but little bit reduced.
I noticed that there is an additional frequency to be cut. I didn't even think it has a big impact on the overall sound, but it has. It's around 12000Hz, and needs to be cut by approximately 5-6dB. Use the ArmAmp Player for this.

Settings for ArmAmp Player:
31Hz: width 10Hz, boost by around 2.2dB.
63Hz: width 30Hz, boost around 4-5dB
125Hz: width 40Hz, boost by 1.5 - 2dB
3200Hz: width 3200Hz, boost around 3-4 dB
5550Hz: width 1200Hz, cut by 3.7dB
8200Hz: width 1000Hz, cut by 4 - 4.5dB
12000Hz: width 1200Hz, cut by 5-6 dB

To finalize the sound set this for Viper:
Spectrum Extension - 0.5
Convolver - https://www.dropbox.com/s/5uekkze5e1...eo-flatter.wav
Diffuse Field Surround - Strenght - 6, Middle Image Strenght - Extreme
Dynamic System - Common Earphones v.2, dynamic bass 8%
Optional Viper Clarity - mode Ozone+, boost by 3.5dB

I hope it will be somehow usable for new DDC, or just use ArmAmp Player and try it yourself
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flither For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift flither Ad-Free
16th April 2015, 03:52 PM |#1009  
Flag Trilport
Thanks Meter: 149

More
Hi,

I'm not really good at tuning sound by myself. I was previously using an AKG-Q460 (same as K450) with DDC, it was just great. Unfortunately it died, so I've purchased a Philips SHP8000 (http://www.philips.fr/c-p/SHP8000_10...ute-definition). It's not too bad, but far from K500 w/ DDC quality.

Can anyone make a DDC profile for it ? It would be really appreciated.

Thanks
18th April 2015, 11:18 AM |#1010  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,385

More
Clock Soundmagic E10 IRS
Long time no see guys After hiding under a rock for ages my E10 finally came and I profiled them right away

I gotta say, they sound nothing like what the innerfidelity graph plotted
Soundmagic E10 EQ

I've used the older more compatible IRS format for these:
For 44100Hz systems: https://www.dropbox.com/s/he7ez71ys2...0-44k.irs?dl=0
For 48000Hz systems: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pqkup9s5fv...0-48k.irs?dl=0
(Check the sample rate of your system by going into V4A, opening the menu and click "driver status" while music is playing through headphones)

(IRS files are easier to make and modify than DDC files)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Joe0Bloggs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Joe0Bloggs Ad-Free
18th April 2015, 02:22 PM |#1011  
Flag Venezia
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Question
@Joe0Bloggs hi, i've installed prosihofit's version of Electri-Q VST plugin in the Audacity Plugins folder, it works well. But i can't load the *.e-q files you uploaded on dropbox to modify them in order to create a personal version of IRS profiles. When i click "import" on Electri-Q the only supported files are *.xml, *.fxb, *.fxp. So how can i load the *.e-q files? I've tried to rename in xml or the other formats but the VST program says "unsupported presets". Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Immagine.png
Views:	442
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	3269047  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ddc, headphones, irs, v4a, viper4android

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)