[APP][IR] ONE To Remote Them All [10000+ User Codes][45'000+ preloaded Codes]

Search This thread

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
By the way @antifish the database of the IR remote is located in /data/data/com.htc.videohub.ui/db/Tiber.db

I opened it up but the IR codes are encoded. Not sure but it looks like base64.

Anyways! Will this be useful to you? I ripped it out of the app.

Attachments

• PeelDB.zip
    19.3 KB · Views: 28

bugity

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 29, 2010
Chicago
I can't get the learn function to work with my uverse remote or my aoc TV. But nice progress :)

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

antifish

Mar 7, 2009
Seuzach
OnePlus Nord
By the way @antifish the database of the IR remote is located in /data/data/com.htc.videohub.ui/db/Tiber.db

I opened it up but the IR codes are encoded. Not sure but it looks like base64.

Anyways! Will this be useful to you? I ripped it out of the app.

@Riyal
This is great, thanks a lot :good:
They are just formatted in json, its actually like plain-text :D

It looks like a lot of vendors but no that much codes, maybe it downloads codes only for devices which you added? Will check that on my phone and will try connect the vendors -> codes in that database, to use it in the OTRTA if possible. :fingers-crossed:

Reactions: shad0w77

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
@Riyal
This is great, thanks a lot :good:
They are just formatted in json, its actually like plain-text :D

It looks like a lot of vendors but no that much codes, maybe it downloads codes only for devices which you added? Will check that on my phone and will try connect the vendors -> codes in that database, to use it in the OTRTA if possible. :fingers-crossed:

The one I provided you is not the one stored on the database... It's directly taken from their site. I ripped the URL from the app itself then provide you a local copy since they might block unauthorized access to it once they detect some weird user agent accessing the files.

Like the situation I encountered days ago each brand only has 3 to 4 types of remote. After failing 4 attempts it then stops guessing and let you manually encode the IR instead. And the json database I posted there contains 142 entries. So it seems complete to me... Having 142 entries for more or less 40 brands listed should be right if you ask me.

Last edited:

privoxy1

May 20, 2010
Hi,
the app started force closing on "Layouts" with 5a and now isn't even starting at all with 5c.
I can't send a logcat, because i haven't rooted the phone yet.

thx for this awesome app :)

bugity

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 29, 2010
Chicago
Do do you have PULSE or FREQ error? Or only timeout?
You really have to be close (with the remote to the IR port of the ONE) and point precise to that IR port, otherwise it will not work and you get timeout error

Alright so I got it to work properly and uploaded info for aoc tv brand but it's mistakenly labeled air conditioner not tv so please fix if possible :) again awesome app ps it was not working for me before because it was not the original remote I was trying to teach from.

Edit: sleep would be a great tv button to add

antifish

Mar 7, 2009
Seuzach
OnePlus Nord
Alright so I got it to work properly and uploaded info for aoc tv brand but it's mistakenly labeled air conditioner not tv so please fix if possible :) again awesome app ps it was not working for me before because it was not the original remote I was trying to teach from.

Edit: sleep would be a great tv button to add

I changed it to TV, but you will need to purge DB and do a sync again. There is a purge option in the settings :eek:

Sleep is added, you should be able to choose it as key type after a sync

Reactions: bugity

mssmison

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2008
Google Pixel 5
Where is the database exported to on the sdcard? I'd like to manually add in all the codes for my remotes. learning can be a pain sometimes compared to copy/paste.

**EDIT**

NVM, just had a look at it, and it doesn't really look editable.
What's the easiest way? Can I send you a csv of the details or something?

Last edited:

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
Hi! I still haven't downloaded the newest version but is the exported file using a .db extension?

if yes maybe you can dump it into an sql file, edit it and repack it back to sqlite. Try this on adb...

Code:
sqlite3 <database file>.db .dump > dump.sql

Edit the dump.sql using a text editor and then to repack it back

Code:
sqlite3 <name it to whatever>.db < dump.sql

Where is the database exported to on the sdcard? I'd like to manually add in all the codes for my remotes. learning can be a pain sometimes compared to copy/paste.

**EDIT**

antifish

Mar 7, 2009
Seuzach
OnePlus Nord

**EDIT**

Hi! I still haven't downloaded the newest version but is the exported file using a .db extension?

if yes maybe you can dump it into an sql file, edit it and repack it back to sqlite. Try this on adb...

Code:
sqlite3 <database file>.db .dump > dump.sql

Edit the dump.sql using a text editor and then to repack it back

Code:
sqlite3 <name it to whatever>.db < dump.sql

The exported file is on the defualt external storage directory (/sdcard normaly).
Its an 1:1 copy of the SQLITE db file which i use in the application.
So you can open it with an sqlite viewer / editor like
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sqlitebrowser/
or a universal db editor (for me the best database manager)
http://fishcodelib.com/database.htm
Or like Riyal said, dump it to a textfile.

The Codedata in the database is the recorded IR Data from the IR Api -> to JSON -> compress -> to Base64.
Thats the reason you dont see plain text in the Codes table.
Plain text it would look like:
{\"frame\":[339,172,20,21,21,22,21,21,20,22,20,21,21,64,21,21,21,64,21,65,20,65,21,64,20,64,20,64,21,22,20,64,21,21,20,21,21,22,21,64,20,64,20,64,21,22,20,21,21,21,21,63,21,65,20,22,21,21,21,21,20,64,21,64,21,65,20,1531,340,86,21,3687,339,86,21,3687],\"frequency\":38216,\"period\":323,\"periodTolerance\":0,\"repeatCount\":1}

Anyway, if you edit the codes in this database an import again, it will not be synced to the online database, so all changes are lost when you reinstall the db.
If you ADD a code, it will either be delete on the next sync, or you miss some new codes from the online database

-> Not recommended to edit this file :)
@mssmison

If you have your codes in a format like the one i posted (frequency, framedata, ect) send it to me with model vendor etc, and i'll try to add it. If you format looks different, send me one code and ill try to adapt it to my database

los1010

Oct 15, 2011
Philly
Is there anyway to find codes for Sony PlayStation Consoles?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

mssmison

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2008
Google Pixel 5
If you have your codes in a format like the one i posted (frequency, framedata, ect) send it to me with model vendor etc, and i'll try to add it. If you format looks different, send me one code and ill try to adapt it to my database

I found them in pronto hex format which I guess won't help, no worries, keep up the great work :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ONE To Remote Them All

Working Functions:
    • IR Code Database
    • Learn a new Code and upload to Database (only on HTC devices)
    • Grouped Code Types, let me know if you miss a device type or code type
    • Send all know Off-Codes (like TV B GONE)
    • Script Manager (create scripts with buttons, delays, other scripts)
    • Canon, Sony, Nikon (DSLR) control codes
    • Debug Mode (change frequency, repeat count, frame data)
    • Send codes using URI "otrta://code?id=xxx" or "otrta://script?id=xxx" - use it for HTML layouts!
    • Widgets (single code / script / all off / start layout)
    • Should work on any IR enabled KitKat Device. Learning only supported by HTC Devices

Some Screenshots from V2 preview

Download Link Preview Version with new Layout and preloaded 45000 codes database

HTML / URI Custom Remotes made by users - directly usable in the phone browser

No more updates from me, i dont have the time at the moment. Find the source code here if you want to add your own things
    https://github.com/nibdev/otrta

App is and will always be free, and i'll never add ads or something. If you like it and want to spend me a beer:

Paypal
    I've decided to continue development of this app. My immediate goal is to provide a more convenient, well laid out controller view for devices rather than a list of codes. Also, I want to add support for using the hardware volume keys to control volume of devices when the controller view is open. I saw somebody wanted to customize the background color for widgets, I think that is a good idea and I'll try to get that in as well.

I'm open to other suggestions, and most of all, I'm open to idea on how to handle duplicate IR codes in the controller layout. Since the codes are crowd sourced some buttons have multiple codes. For example one device may have 4 different codes for the power button and 3 incorrect codes. The list UI would just list them all and number them, Power [1], Power [2], etc. However when layout out a dynamic controller view we can not have multiple buttons. Long-press to change which code goes to a button is out because you must be able to hold down the button to blast continuously for things like volume control.

If anyone wants to follow my progress you can see my forked project here https://github.com/schwiz/otrta
    Updatet the .APK in the OT,
    new version supports the KitKat IR Api, so should work with any IR enabled device (including 4.4 AOSP ROMs)
    (only sending, no learing. learning still supported for HTC devices)
    Direct link:
    http://otrta.nibdev.com/beta/ONEtoRemoteThemAllV2.apk
    If you have no further financial interest in the project, good old github is the way to go. At the same time, you lose all control of the code. Yep. Push some code. And thanks for the m7 blaster fun!

No financial interest in this project, was just for fun.

Ill put it on github tomorow, but no the source for the webservice / database. Ill keep it online anyway, but if someone wants to clone / modify the service, send me a PM
    Here is the github repo

Be warned, code is very messy, no comments, etc. If you have questions, send me an email or a PM :laugh:

https://github.com/nibdev/otrta