[PRJ] [DATA2SD] Flashable zips for converting any Rom to Data2SD, For N1

Search This thread

sl8125

Mar 30, 2006
I just flashed the new cm nightly over the previous version but I want to flash the script over it. Do I must wipe before flashing the script? Doses it work okay with ss4n1?

Anybody have another link for data2sdv11 file? The one in the op wont work for me.

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

Last edited:

sl8125

Mar 30, 2006
Got it done finally. Downloaded the recent file from droidzone.in flashed it without signature verification. Some how the file provided did not flash correctly. Now I am getting quadrant over 2200 and have 1.4 gb of internal space. Very nice work. Oh yeah this is flashed over cm nightly.

ultra99

Mar 26, 2010
Any updates on this?
What are the recommended partitioning?

Mine is:
6gb fat32
1gb ext4
300mb ext4
128mb swap

Any else i should do?

ultra99

Mar 26, 2010
Depends on what u want to do

Can you please elaborate?

What I want is a stable and fast configuration...that's it! This setup was ROD's config, so I don't know if it's optimal on any rom or just rod's.

PS: my card is 6gb class 6

jens1288

Aug 11, 2010
Can you please elaborate?

What I want is a stable and fast configuration...that's it! This setup was ROD's config, so I don't know if it's optimal on any rom or just rod's.

PS: my card is 6gb class 6

You dont need all those swap drives, this method of data2sd requires only 2, one fat32 and one ext4 (max2gigs).

ultra99

Mar 26, 2010
i changed my setup to 1 fat32 partition and 1 ext4.

I installed CM7 + data2sd. The phones seems responsive at first, but after a while and after installing a few apps the phone becomes very slow and not responsive. I mean, if I tick on untick something, it takes a couple of seconds to do that. Another example, if I delete a email from gmail, it also takes a few seconds till it does, which didn't happen to me before using data2sd.

Any ideas?

jens1288

Aug 11, 2010
I'm not an expert, maybe sibere can better answer your question and a fix. With all cache in sdext there may be a slight delay if you're starting gmail from a cold start or wake.

May 22, 2010
I got quite confused after reading several paragraphs.

Does this method aim to solve the "low memory" when you have many apps that will store data in the internal memory even when app2sd is enabled?

If so, it certainly is what I need. and I would appreciate if anyone could clarify what are the formatting everybody is doing? It seems the OP just said about two zip files to flash, why the formatting? thanks.

Top Liked Posts