[APP][4.0+][ROOT] Flashify

Search This thread

cgollner

Jan 19, 2012
Lisbon
Tested backup on my Xperia Sola, backup to SDcard...
boot file 11MB, recovery file 290b and both files without extension...

The 11MB is correct, the 290b not so much. Seems some kind of incompatibility with your Xperia.
The files not having extension is ok, the contents of a file don't change just because their extension changes :)

Reactions: Ja_som

azrash

Sep 18, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
App looks nice!

one question, how do we add multiple zip to the installation queue? I have a few zips that are in different folders. One folder for rom, one for kernels etc.

Flowed from my Nexus⁴ using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Nezorflame

Hello there!
On HTC One it gives error "Partition not found" when trying to backup current kernel or recovery.
Also when you choose to flash Zip file and try to open it with file explorer (ex. Solid Explorer) it gives error Directory does not exist. I think the program points explorer to the wrong root /sdcard folder because in Android 4.2.2 the sdcard directory is /storage/emulated/0
Apart from that - great design, looking forward to using this when everything will be fixed :)

Last edited:

cgollner

Jan 19, 2012
Lisbon
Hello there!
On HTC One it gives error "Partition not found" when trying to backup current kernel or recovery.
Also when you choose to flash Zip file and try to open it with file explorer (ex. Solid Explorer) it gives error Directory does not exist. I think the program points explorer to the wrong root /sdcard folder because in Android 4.2.2 the sdcard directory is /storage/emulated/0
Apart from that - great design, looking forward to use this when everything will be fixed :)

Hello there,
seems like your HTC One is currently not supported by the app. Those "Partition not found" mean that the app couldn't detect the correct
way to flash or backup kernel/recovery.
Since I don't have a HTC One it will be complicated for me to support it. Regarding the Solid Explorer, it works fine for me on my devices. Weird...

Nezorflame

Hello there,
seems like your HTC One is currently not supported by the app. Those "Partition not found" mean that the app couldn't detect the correct
Since I don't have a HTC One it will be complicated for me to support it. Regarding the Solid Explorer, it works fine for me on my devices. Weird...

Yeah I know it's not supported, just wanted to check in case it works :)
Well, if there's a way to somehow help you in testing/debugging/whatever, just sent a PM!

CaelanT

Hello there,

Works fine on HTC One running 4.1.2, so anyone who is currently running that should be OK.

pnsdhrn

Nov 19, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
Has any one tried this on Samsung Note 2?
@cgollner.
Can we flash bootloader with this?Also can stock and custom ROMs be flashed ?And whether it it is possible to flash these ROMs if we have only stock recovery provided we are rooted?Sorry please if these questions are a bit embarrassing.However waiting with thanks....

bangishotyou

Dec 27, 2011
South Texas
Awesome! Thanks!

Awesome app! Assumed it works perfectly on my Nexus 4. Bought the full version the moment it finished installing. Did so without even bothering to test it out first.

Backed up kernel and recovery in no time flat and uploaded them to DropBox even quicker.

cgollner

Jan 19, 2012
Lisbon
Has any one tried this on Samsung Note 2?

@cgollner.
Can we flash bootloader with this?Also can stock and custom ROMs be flashed ?And whether it it is possible to flash these ROMs if we have only stock recovery provided we are rooted?Sorry please if these questions are a bit embarrassing.However waiting with thanks....

Flashing bootloader should work if you have a zip file that does that. But to flash a zip, you need a custom recovery.
Again, to flash a ROM with this app you need a zip and custom recovery.

Awesome app! Assumed it works perfectly on my Nexus 4. Bought the full version the moment it finished installing. Did so without even bothering to test it out first.

Backed up kernel and recovery in no time flat and uploaded them to DropBox even quicker.

Awesome !

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda premium

Reactions: pnsdhrn
D

Deleted member 2736178

Sprint HTC One with rooted stock (4.1.2) everything works except restarting the phone :)

Backups work, flashing works

Thanks!

websurfer75

Sep 4, 2012
working

"Please let me know if you have another device, and if it is working or not."

Working fine (flash boot.img & zip) on LG 4X HD :good: :good:

Last edited:

cgollner

Jan 19, 2012
Lisbon
Sprint HTC One with rooted stock (4.1.2) everything works except restarting the phone :)

Backups work, flashing works

Thanks!

Hmm.. The worst ratings that I got so far came from people using HTC One devices, saying that it doesn't work. =/

"Please let me know if you have another device, and if it is working or not."

Working fine (flash boot.img & zip) on LG 4X HD :good: :good:

Thanks, great to know :D

mr_zuff

Jul 26, 2012
Cassino
I tried it on a I9100 (sgs2) witha modem.zip and now it's stuck at the samsung screen, it doesn't even go in bootloop...

Any suggestion? For now, I tried to enter in recovery, but i'm not able to do it...

I had to reflash another kernel through Odin.. it's a pity that this app doesn't work for me :(

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello XDA folks,

I present to you Flashify. My new tool app to help you easily flash and backup your stuff!

With this app you will be able to easily flash boot.img, recovery.img and also .zip files.
    To flash .img files, you won't even need to have a custom recovery. Just flash and reboot.

To flash .zip files, you'll need a custom recovery. If you have TWRP you will also be able to wipe cache, dalvik and data.

To help you keep track of your flashing, the app has a recents list, which you can access to quickly flash again.

You can also backup/restore boot and recovery. You will be able to choose between Sdcard and cloud (Dropbox). If you choose Dropbox,
    the app will automatically synchronize your backups between devices and installs/uninstalls.

Flash from anywhere! Do you want to flash from your favorite File Explorer? No biggie, that also works together with Flashify. Any other app that opens files will also work with Flashify, seamslessly, for the best user experience.

Please let me know if you have another device, and if it is working or not.

Play Store link

framed_Screenshot_2013-07-02-03-16-36.png
    framed_Screenshot_2013-07-02-03-16-49.png
    framed_Screenshot_2013-07-02-03-17-18.png
    framed_Screenshot_2013-07-12-22-33-52.png
    framed_Screenshot_2013-07-02-03-18-17.png

XDA:DevDB Information
    Flashify, App for the Android General

Contributors
    cgollner

Version Information

Created 2013-11-13
    Last Updated 2014-10-16
    OK, that makes me feel bad.. gonna think about it!

You wrote Flashify, you're not allowed to feel bad! ;)

Realistically, Flashify is not an app that anybody needs to stare at for extended periods of time and making it "prettier" should probably not be much of a priority. I know that "material design" is a trendy discussion topic these days, but its relevance to many utilities is questionable. As long as Flashify does what it's supposed to do and does it well, there might not be any obvious reason to lose sleep over how cute its UI should look. Keep up the good work, whether it's holoed, materialized or cgolinered... ;)
    I'll try to make TWRP and PhilZ downloads work again ASAP.
    Flashify v1.9.2:
    1 - Fixed backup issues on Marshmallow
    2 - Download stock kernel/recovery for Nexus 5X and 6P

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cgollner.flashify
    working on LG L7 P700
    nice work!

Awesome! Glad to know that it works on other devices as well!

Awesome work! Hate to thread jack but what is that keyboard?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Haha, no problem. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.touchtype.swiftkey