FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] NB_Mod-2.15.531.1 Revision 2 [Updated 2/18/11] [NOTE added 4/1/11]

479 posts
Thanks Meter: 115
 
By nbetcher, Senior Member on 8th February 2011, 08:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th April 2011, 01:40 AM |#101  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbetcher

File a bug with HTC - this isn't a customized ROM.

I have the same issue, turning on Wifi calling reboots the phone endlessly over and over. Have to be quick about turning off the wifi radio after booting up to get it to stop.

I saw in another thread on 4/3 you were going to update to 531.3, did you get around to that yet? I'm going to try flashing another ROM to get this to work soon... it's one of the big pluses to this phone when at home...

EDIT:
Hmm... looks like I'm running an old version of the radio... 7.07.35.02S, flashing the newer one now...

Update:
Well after screwing up and having to spend a couple hours reflashing the ROM, got the radio updated to the latest and Wifi calling works now.
25th April 2011, 01:02 AM |#102  
biglo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 163
 
More
Can someone please tell me how to remove apps2sd from the rom

edit: nvm I will just remove my ext partition, but does this rom use bind-mount cache?
3rd May 2011, 10:42 PM |#103  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
from the sound of things, this rom has everything i want in a rom, no bloatware, and isnt modified, but sadly it will not install...after i install using clockwork recovery, and reboot, my phone just sits at the 'T mobile my touch 3g slide" screen...i let the phone sit to see if it was actually doing anything, and 20 minutes later still at the same screen...any suggestions/ideas? phone is rooted, running CR_Mod right now, i have not done s-off yet, as i just got the phone back from service due to a screwy ribbon cable...
3rd May 2011, 10:44 PM |#104  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairy_testicles

from the sound of things, this rom has everything i want in a rom, no bloatware, and isnt modified, but sadly it will not install...after i install using clockwork recovery, and reboot, my phone just sits at the 'T mobile my touch 3g slide" screen...i let the phone sit to see if it was actually doing anything, and 20 minutes later still at the same screen...any suggestions/ideas? phone is rooted, running CR_Mod right now, i have not done s-off yet, as i just got the phone back from service due to a screwy ribbon cable...

do u have the new radio?
3rd May 2011, 11:15 PM |#105  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
no new radio

edit: my bad..running the latest 7.15 radio

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using XDA App
6th May 2011, 05:20 AM |#106  
biglo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 163
 
More
Does anyone no how to add that feature from cyanogenmod that lets you kill the application by long pressing the back key???? I would reply like to add that feature in this rom.
7th May 2011, 05:43 AM |#107  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
also can't install
I'm having the same install problem. I've wiped data and cache, flashed new radio, flashed the NB ROM and it looks like it's installing ok, but it gets to the mytouch slide page and just sits there. It's been 30 minutes now. I'm just going to leave it alone -- maybe it's just got a really long install period?

Any one else having this problem? Or solved it?
7th May 2011, 05:51 AM |#108  
SefEXE's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jacksonville, FL
Thanks Meter: 243
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat668

I'm having the same install problem. I've wiped data and cache, flashed new radio, flashed the NB ROM and it looks like it's installing ok, but it gets to the mytouch slide page and just sits there. It's been 30 minutes now. I'm just going to leave it alone -- maybe it's just got a really long install period?

Any one else having this problem? Or solved it?

Have you tried installing NB's kernel? I'm not too sure if that'll make a difference, but I don't think it would hurt to try.
7th May 2011, 08:59 AM |#109  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SefEXE

Have you tried installing NB's kernel? I'm not too sure if that'll make a difference, but I don't think it would hurt to try.


I used the zip in the thread, if there is no kernel in that zip, then is shouldnt be labeled as a rom, since it is missing the cornerstone of any OS.

Due to this issue, I went back to latest CR_Mod, and stripped out the features, and applications, that I did not want, and made a few tweaks of my own, and am very happy now.
7th May 2011, 11:00 AM |#110  
SefEXE's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jacksonville, FL
Thanks Meter: 243
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairy_testicles

I used the zip in the thread, if there is no kernel in that zip, then is shouldnt be labeled as a rom, since it is missing the cornerstone of any OS.

Due to this issue, I went back to latest CR_Mod, and stripped out the features, and applications, that I did not want, and made a few tweaks of my own, and am very happy now.

Well, it's not in the zip, however it is in the "[NOTE added 4/1/11]" part of the post.

And... it's still a ROM, there's still a kernel in there. It's just not THAT kernel that NB has whipped up. "Not only does this allow overclocking, but it improves the redraw performance and other general user interface responsiveness that this latest OTA from T-Mobile seems to have an issue with."

But if CR's works for you, that's great! It's why we got different devs and different choices.

EDIT: and like I said, I don't know if the kernel would make a difference. Especially since most people can flash the ROM without the newer kernel.
7th May 2011, 07:03 PM |#111  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thumbs up installed!
Well, I waited until morning, rewiped data and cache, flashed the ROM, and it took. Didn't need to add in the OC kernel. Now will have fun playing with it. Thanks for the moral support and suggestions.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes