[ROM] TF700T PARANOIDANDROID 2.53 04-NOV [HybridMode, Per App Size & UI/Color]

Search This thread

pwvandeursen

Aug 16, 2007
just saw that as well. had given up the hope. anybody tried it already, or knows whom has been working with it (i.e. is it something worth installing at the moment or should we give it a couple of days if the tablet is our working tablet?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium HD app

Unibrow

Jan 23, 2011
just saw that as well. had given up the hope. anybody tried it already, or knows whom has been working with it (i.e. is it something worth installing at the moment or should we give it a couple of days if the tablet is our working tablet?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium HD app

It's the Alpha version the same dev is working on

Be careful. The update is an Alpha AOSP 4.2.1 based version. You will need a compliant recovery and gapps. See this thread for more info:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2039557

hasrussian

Feb 16, 2013
haslemere
do you have to wipe if using cromi 3.4.7

i am using cleanrom inheritance 3.4.7 and i do not want to wipe my data.
if i do can i reinstal from titanium backup or the standard app backup utility.

NegativeOne

Jul 21, 2010
Why is the alpha update called AOSPA? What's the difference between ParanoidAndroid and ParanoidAndroid "for aosp 4.2.xxx"?

pmgnet

Jan 23, 2008
Atlanta
Are there step by step instructions to get data2sd worth this ROM?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

pmgnet

Jan 23, 2008
Atlanta
OK. Was confused because there is a lot of talk here about data2sd. My hope is to find an aosp ROM for tf700t with data2sd support.

Is this ROM planned to go to kitkat?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ParanoidAndroid for Asus Transformer Infinity (TF700T)

screenshot2012110416335.png

PER-APP-DPI/LAYOUT.
    This is not just build.prop dpi mods! Hybrid engine allows you to target apps individually. You get to pick their actual layouts which can tranform content drastically. Keep in mind, this has nothing to do with build.prop hacks or DPI changes. We list all layouts an app brings, you choose one, its as easy as that. It does not matter if your device runs itself in Phone-, Phablet or Tablet-UI, your apps will always look as you like. On top of that you can scale apps, to fit your screen, that way you can even bring full fledged tablet apps and make them run perfectly. Nothing will break, nothing will shrink, your market will be fine. Additionally we have rewritten many parts of the android framework and fixed countless of AOSP bugs to make way for these modifications - our "tablet mode" runs better on a phone than on a real tablet, that is guaranteed.

Tablet Mode
    screenshot2012110410571.png

Phablet Mode
    screenshot2012110410585.png

PER-APP-COLOR,
    ParanoidAndroid's newest invention. Define apps in your regular hybrid panel. See your phone fade into the color definition of your current app, press home or go elsewhere and it fades back. Create as many combinations you like, you can even dabble with opacity. This feature is made possible by our hybrid engine, which is unique to this rom.

screenshot2012110412295.png

screenshot2012110412323.png

paranoid_instructions4zkp3.png

• RECOVERY: YOU NEED TO FULL WIPE IF YOU ARE COMING FROM ANOTHER ROM
    • RECOVERY: Install Zip: Rom: pa_tf700t-2.53-04NOV2012-122105.zip
    • RECOVERY: Install Zip: Gapps: gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip
    • RECOVERY: Wipe Cache Partition
    • RECOVERY: Wipe Dalvik Cache
    • Reboot and edit your Apps Dpi and Layout under Settings/Paranoid Settings
    • Previous jellybean versions: tf700t

paranoid_hintsu4kjw.png

One part thats diff for the TF700 is that 160 dpi for some apps not as low as I would go. I normally have this tablet ro.sf.lcd-density to 160 and everyone in the family is happy with it. For me I would like things like Chrome, gmail lower than 160 but the settings hold us to 160. Is the because of the TF700 been first to market with 1080P and not needed before or is this android holding it up as going under 160 really is low .... yesterday. :) With respect it means that all this rom does for me is increase DPI.

If you want it to go lower, just edit /etc/paranoid/properties.conf and change the definition of rom_dpi_min from 160 to 120 or whatever you would like it to be, and you will be able to get lower values in paranoid settings. I haven't spent much time with configuration/sizing yet. Still very early days, which is why I labeled it alpha.

As far as the other questions/requests go, can't really commit as my time is limited and split between several devices along with life, family, work, etc. I will do what I can to move things along as time permits, and expect that we will be able to leverage any progress made by other development efforts for the TF700T.
    i would also like to see an update to this rom, i am interested in running the infinity in phablet mode - i like it on my note, my nexus 7 and my galaxy tab 7.7 and would like to try it on the infinity - will a 2.16 version be released ?

Support for this ROM on our device has appeared to have died the day it was released. No one answers dev questions on here or their FB page or their website. It is super weird.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I built a 2.16 version, but it was only very small changes from from 2.15, so did not post that build. In the meantime, I have been looking at a 2.17 version based on the recent Asus JB Release and Kernel sources. I am quite busy with work atm, but will continue the development as time permits. Because ParanoidAndroid is based on CM10 sources with the added hybrid features, as the TF700T CM10 source base becomes more stable, we will be able to build releases as that code base evolves.

We would like to extend our sincere appreciation and give credit to the Android and CM teams for providing the base, Asus for the kernel source and proprietaries, the AndroidRoot.mobi team for their work in bringing nvflash to our device, and last but not least to the TF700 developer community who have made the delivery of PA to this device possible.
    paranoid_changelogjmkth.png

ParanoidAndroid Change Logs
    http://paranoid-rom.com/forum/changelogs-news

TF700T Change Log
    Version 2.17
    • Updated to 3.1.10 Kernel
    • Updated proprietaries based on Asus JB firmware

Not Working Properly
    • Static wallpapers
    • Camera
    • GPS
    Alpha ParanoidAndroid Rom Posted

This is an alpha version of PA for the TF700T. Still lots of work to do. My thanks to everyone in the community that has been working to get the kernel, device tree, etc. in place to allow this development.

Includes:
    • Temp Portrait Fix
    • CIFS / SMB connections
    • Goo Manager for Updates

Not Working (Yet):
    • GPS
    • Wallpapers