Request for Stock Camera APK on HTC One (M8) Verizon

Search This thread

wtoj34

Jan 28, 2012
San Antonio, TX
I wish I knew how to do that, but thanks, now I'll look it up and figure it out myself. That's what I love about xda. Cheers.

It's quite simple really, I suggest you do some searching around and take a shot at it as I think that's the best way to learn, and if you still need help after that I and others will be more than glad to help :good:

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: cmh436 and tryest

thepolishguy

Dec 3, 2009
Ivanhoe CA
Here you go brotha. It's in system/app. I included the odex file in case you need that as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kwc6llgn6krphbf/camera.zip

The apks are zipped up. So unzipp it. And then do what you need.

Not sure how much information you need. These won't just install. They have to be copied to /system/app and then the permissions need to match the rest of files in the folder.

You'll need to be rooted blah blah blah. Just let me know if you need more info.

StratosnypeR

Jan 8, 2013
thanks

Here you go brotha. It's in system/app. I included the odex file in case you need that as well.

Not sure how much information you need. These won't just install. They have to be copied to /system/app and then the permissions need to match the rest of files in the folder.

You'll need to be rooted blah blah blah. Just let me know if you need more info.

I REALLY wish I could thank you for this (as in clicking the little "thanks" button) but I do not have the option to do so. So take this as my metaphorical thank you :)

Reactions: thepolishguy

shawnten

Mar 21, 2008
Yorktown
Isn't it in the play store now
Just type Google camera in playstore

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium HD app

goaten

Jun 2, 2013
Hindås
Uuuuhm... isn't it the HTC One M8 stock camera we're talking about...? The Google Camera was out long before may 2014 as far as I know in the Play Store...

If this is the HTC One M8 stock camera can I install it on my HTC One M8 Google Play Edition? If not does anyone know if I can and in that case point me to how? :) Googling that lead me here so I have tried googling it a bit (most results turn up stuff about stock android camera or the google camera)

evgeny71

Mar 30, 2012
Uuuuhm... isn't it the HTC One M8 stock camera we're talking about...? The Google Camera was out long before may 2014 as far as I know in the Play Store...

If this is the HTC One M8 stock camera can I install it on my HTC One M8 Google Play Edition? If not does anyone know if I can and in that case point me to how? :) Googling that lead me here so I have tried googling it a bit (most results turn up stuff about stock android camera or the google camera)

I've just tried to install it on GPE. Ended up with HTC camera FC. Apparently this method won't work on GPE.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: cmh436

tdnookhd

Jan 8, 2013
I've just tried to install it on GPE. Ended up with HTC camera FC. Apparently this method won't work on GPE.

The HTC Camera isn't compatible with the GPe. GPe lacks the Sense framework which the HTC stock apps rely on. They ported some of the apps (Weather for DotView, DotView, etc) but most wont work. I wish it did, because HTC camera is 100x better than the Google one.

Reactions: cmh436 and evgeny71

evgeny71

Mar 30, 2012
The HTC Camera isn't compatible with the GPe. GPe lacks the Sense framework which the HTC stock apps rely on. They ported some of the apps (Weather for DotView, DotView, etc) but most wont work. I wish it did, because HTC camera is 100x better than the Google one.

Thanks for the reply. I thought so. I miss HTC camera on my GPE.

StratosnypeR

Jan 8, 2013

Thanks for letting us know !!! That blows. I guess I'll just keep my phone the way it is then. I'm not a selfie addict or anything but the only reason why I havent installed GPe on my M8 is the camera. The interface is awesome and super responsive. The google camera just sucks... really bad. I guess I'll stick to Sense based ROM with kitkat launcher installed. :)

CGeyser

Dec 8, 2009
Los Angeles

Hello. I moved both the camera.apk and the odex file in system/app directory and restarted my phone.
What do I do next? How do I get the apk installed? Thx .

thepolishguy

Dec 3, 2009
Ivanhoe CA
Hello. I moved both the camera.apk and the odex file in system/app directory and restarted my phone.
What do I do next? How do I get the apk installed? Thx .

You don't install system apps. Set the permissions of the apks to match the rest of the permissions in the folder and reboot. You should be good to go.

You can change the permissions with Root Explorer. Maybe other file browsing apps.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

CGeyser

Dec 8, 2009
Los Angeles
What are the permissions that I need to set them to?

Attachments

• 1419812896074.jpg
    1419812896074.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 624

CGeyser

Dec 8, 2009
Los Angeles
Got it to work. Turns out in my case, the camera.apk is in system/priv-app

Attachments

• 1419813939125.jpg
    1419813939125.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 644

calebcabob

Jul 14, 2013
Massachusetts
I'm using the best ROM ever! RKDN_ROM_AVL-LOLLIPOP-V2
I unzipped the camera.zip, moved the camera apk file to the system/priv-app and overwritten the apk that was already in that directory. Didn't have to reboot the phone, it just worked instantly after the file replacement. :)

Ah OK, cool. Thanks! Yeah, I use that ROM sometimes too...definitely solid. I had hoped you had gotten it to work with a CM11/12 ROM...that's what I'm trying to do at the moment. Thanks for the info!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I wish I knew how to do that, but thanks, now I'll look it up and figure it out myself. That's what I love about xda. Cheers.

It's quite simple really, I suggest you do some searching around and take a shot at it as I think that's the best way to learn, and if you still need help after that I and others will be more than glad to help :good:

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

thanks

I REALLY wish I could thank you for this (as in clicking the little "thanks" button) but I do not have the option to do so. So take this as my metaphorical thank you :)