[TOOL] One Click Tether Enabler For AT&T One X

Search This thread

diekastro

Jul 16, 2013
San José
Good morning

My Htc First is Only Rooteed but Non Moonshine-off ... I Trying to follow you on this tutorial but It look Different What explorer you use to edi files? Could you please assist me on this..

SQLite Editor... I saw a lot of people using this method with the HTC First and seems work. However @timmaaa is right, there is another forum for it... Excuse me: Moonshine-Off = S-OFF?

Last edited:

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
I ask because they said this method works with any att phone..

I saw a lot of people using this method with the HTC First and seems work.

Who the heck are you guys talking about when you say (above) "they" or "a lot of people"? Its hard to have an intelligent discussion with you're being vague and don't provide specifics.

If you have seen folks in the HTF First forum using this hack, then you need to ask your questions to them. We can't help you. Completely different device. Any advice we give may not work for your device, or may even harm it. You may as well be asking an electrician to fix your toilet.

Reactions: carl1961

diekastro

Jul 16, 2013
San José
SQLite Editor... I saw a lot of people using this method with the HTC First and seems work. However @timmaaa is right, there is another forum for it... Excuse me: Moonshine-Off = S-OFF?

My Htc First is Only Rooteed but Non S-off ... I Trying to follow you on this tutorial but It look Different What explorer you use to edi files? Could you please assist me on this..

I ask because they said this method works with any att phone..

Who the heck are you guys talking about when you say (above) "they" or "a lot of people"? Its hard to have an intelligent discussion with you're being vague and don't provide specifics.

If you have seen folks in the HTF First forum using this hack, then you need to ask your questions to them. We can't help you. Completely different device. Any advice we give may not work for your device, or may even harm it. You may as well be asking an electrician to fix your toilet.

This problem (but with different method) is solved here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2277652 . There in the post #9 said that the method works with HTC First, that is the reason that I supose it can works. Really I strayed the OP, my apologyes for that.

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
any way to enable tethering for new 5.18 update? method on OP does not seem to work on new update. keep up the good work, this is awesome!

Working hack posted in the previous response. Also from your past posts, I believe you are bootloader unlocked, s-off, etc. anyway. So another solution is just install any custom ROM or stock rooted ROM besides AT&T base, as WiFi hotspot works on anything but AT&T ROMs. IMO, if you don't want AT&T gimped features, why be on the AT&T ROM at all?

hijodedios51206

Jul 29, 2009
Murrieta, CA
Working hack posted in the previous response. Also from your past posts, I believe you are bootloader unlocked, s-off, etc. anyway. So another solution is just install any custom ROM or stock rooted ROM besides AT&T base, as WiFi hotspot works on anything but AT&T ROMs. IMO, if you don't want AT&T gimped features, why be on the AT&T ROM at all?

i want as stock experience as possible while being able to mod little things here and there. i have already removed bloatware i know i wont ever use. and yes unlocked bl, s-off, all that good stuff. thank you btw. and i am preparing to move away from simple mobile back to at&t so i can build some credit, otherwise id stay where i am.

You'll need root to modify the system files. The hacked tetheringguard.apk can be found here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50273706

thank you. i will try it shortly. sorry for asking here i did not expect my answer in the thread on your link. sure beats posting a completely new thread (sorry @redpoint73 and others).

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
i want as stock experience as possible while being able to mod little things here and there. i have already removed bloatware i know i wont ever use. and yes unlocked bl, s-off, all that good stuff. thank you btw. and i am preparing to move away from simple mobile back to at&t so i can build some credit, otherwise id stay where i am.

There is another stock Sense 5 ROM available in our development section. The main difference is that none of the features are gimped like on an at&t ROM.

Sent from my Evita

Reactions: redpoint73

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

t0mmy tether for HTC One X

INFO

This tool will allow you to use the stock WIFI Hotspot app on the AT&T stock rom without a tether plan. This should also work on any rom that doesn't have this fix already applied.
    New Linux/Mac version courtesy of Paul, XDA user vbrtrmn.

HOW TO USE
    1. Make sure phone is plugged in to usb
    2. Download file
    3. Unzip to your computer
    4. Run tether.bat
    5. Follow instructions on screen

NOTES
    • Windows users: download the .zip attachment, Linux/Mac: download the .sh.gz
    • Your phone must be rooted and you must have the android sdk installed to use this!

IDqgc.png

Edit 1
    Added the adb binaries for users getting 'adb is not recognized as a command' error

Edit 2
    Added Linux/Mac version, thanks Paul

you can do this much cleaner by just running a sqlite command to set all the values instead of pushing a different db in.

for rom devs, you can change this in the framework where the apn is stored, that way it gets put into the database this way.
    True but this ones free while sqlite isn't. I've already enabled mine but thread like this is always appreciated.

what? sqlite is built into android, how do think it uses that sqlite file? lol

you can run an adb shell command to do the same thing.

just throwing up other options for the op to check out..
    This tool will allow you to use the stock WIFI Hotspot app on the AT&T stock rom without a tether plan. This should also work on any rom that doesn't have this fix already applied.

Flashable zip attached. Move to op if you want...

-Scott
    Great tool, this will be used by many, thanks

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2