[ROM][4.1.2]Slim Bean-i717 [All Languages]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rahsaanabdul

Apr 21, 2011
NC
I'll advise anyone who will listen to definitely give this ROM a go. Dagr8's kernel is icing on the cake also! :):):)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

martyh1

Apr 13, 2007
I'm trying 2.5 again (will live without tethering and spen support for the time being). Wondering if 2.6 has improved battery life. I'm getting killed on battery life. 11:30a and I'm down to 41% (from 100% at 6:30a). I'm not installing anything I haven't run before (except using some new built in JB features like nav bar, battery bar, and google now). I just tried lowering min freq to 192 to see if that helps. One question: does running at 241 DPI hurt performance? I don't think it matters if I'm at 241 or 320 (i.e. battery life pretty bad at both) but was just curious.

krarvind

Jun 15, 2011
Saint John, NB
I'm trying 2.5 again (will live without tethering and spen support for the time being). Wondering if 2.6 has improved battery life. I'm getting killed on battery life. 11:30a and I'm down to 41% (from 100% at 6:30a). I'm not installing anything I haven't run before (except using some new built in JB features like nav bar, battery bar, and google now). I just tried lowering min freq to 192 to see if that helps. One question: does running at 241 DPI hurt performance? I don't think it matters if I'm at 241 or 320 (i.e. battery life pretty bad at both) but was just curious.

dpi has no effect on battery. I have lost 12% in 7.5 hrs with 35 mins screen on time. AB half way. battery seems great. Yesterday i had a 5 screen on over 20+ hrs.

h3r3tic

Mar 12, 2012
Ya 2.6 is providing the same awesome battery life as 2.5. You must have an app of something hanging. Also in developer settings set pm sleep mode to power collapse (best). Also picked up lte earlier outta town and was seeing 33 mb down! Sick nasty

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

bsw11

Aug 29, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
alphabase.com
hate to ask this, but any change in BT phone calls with this rom?
thank you

No - the notes on his site say it is not fixed. I just don't get why if they have the source they cannot fix the full BT problems which include not displaying Artist and Title data on car audio systems as well. Come on already!

Also not working will be HW+ support for full MP4 video display including interlaced SD video playback.

If those 2 things get fixed, you can take ICS and put it on the same shelf as DOS.

h3r3tic

Mar 12, 2012
No - the notes on his site say it is not fixed. I just don't get why if they have the source they cannot fix the full BT problems which include not displaying Artist and Title data on car audio systems as well. Come on already!

Also not working will be HW+ support for full MP4 video display including interlaced SD video playback.

If those 2 things get fixed, you can take ICS and put it on the same shelf as DOS.

I believe the source is built from different phone like the galaxy nexus with our phones proprietary files. And then they apply their own fixes through what that have debugged. Correct me if I'm wrong. I don't see an official Samsung with jelly bean rom on the note do you? If you have a damn problem with your lame blue tooth car stereo flash a different rom cause you don't belong here. These guys work day in and out on these roms for next to nothing for us to enjoy and you have the audacity to complain about an issue that has been present since jb was first ported to the note.

kiltedthrower

Sep 23, 2010

Well don't you think if it was that easy to fix it, it would have been fixed already? I can't get Google Music to work on JB ROMs so I tend to stick with ICS ROMs. I don't get exasperated and upset with ROM developers for something that isn't their fault. They are working hard using their spare time to make our phones better.

Saying "come on already!" is straight rude. That'd be like someone doing you a favor but you keep complaining it's not good enough.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

lou0611

Sep 24, 2008
Yardley
EBay app not compatible with this phone?

amhatter

Sep 1, 2012
Erwin
Now been running this for over 24 hours and rock solid with KK x kernel oc'd @ 1.83ghz. Mad props to the DEVELOPERS best JB ROM I have used yet. Absolutely 0 FC's, hangups, or reboots. Awesome battery life so far as well!
Also been running this audio mod and it is excellent!http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1883176
Thanks again OP for your hard work! I will definitely be sending some cheese your way when I get paid.

amhatter

Sep 1, 2012
Erwin
Quick question.... what the option for full ROM under the OTA app? Sorry if I am not supposed to post this here. Is there currently a Q&A thread for this ROM?

king71st

Apr 30, 2011
I'm having trouble getting my Google calendar to sync when I open it up it keep doing new to sign I'm when I'm already signed in any suggestions

king71st

Apr 30, 2011
slimbean inverted gapps

edit reflashed gapps it's now working

sent from my lovely phone....hmmm wait its a tablet...waaa i dont really know.....im PARANOID NoW!

Last edited:

krarvind

Jun 15, 2011
Saint John, NB
MOD Edit: Quote removed as disrespectful

I am sorry bud. You are misinformed. So according to you cm10 does no work, only ppl syncing and compiling does, forgetting that I made it easy enough to sync and compile, besides all the countless hours I put in. Please don't insult developers even if you can't appreciate them. I have zero issues with manel and he knows that. But your post is just sad.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimBeanOP.png
    Important Notes:

1. Fully compiled from AOSP source ( source.android.com) with my mods and interesting ones from CM/AOKP.
    2. Read the changelog and installation instructions on the website here carefully.
    3. Feature requests will be ignored in general but will review ( if a relevant commit is provided) and decide
    4. No ports based on my ROM zip file, manifest.xml will be updated regularly and feel free to compile from source

Check out our feature list here

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog go here

Instructions
    For installation instructions please check here
    Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in Changelog

Downloads
    Get our latest rom here. You can get Slim Gapps and other addons from here.

FAQ
    Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Bug list
    For a list of confirmed bugs look here

Thanks!
    Big thanks to CM team, without them SlimRoms wouldn't be possible.
    You can find the full list of credits here

Source
    Please visit here for the source code.
    I will hold this one. Usual flash process in order is

1. device_i717.zip
    2. slim_gapps.zip
    3. any addons you need
    Edit 3: Looks like i might have a real fix now. It's more than this commit from CM. That did the same thing as my fix yesterday, only worked on BT earpiece and not car kit. But i have put in additional code that seems to ahve solved it. How to get it? Settings, OTA, FULL Rom, select the one that says BT Fix, test and report. When finished d/l ing reboot to recovery, wipe cache/dalvik, flash the 2.6.2_Slim-i717.zip from /sdcard/updateme folder, flash slim gapps, then addons ( google now etc). reboot to system. test and report back. if wipe cache/dalvik didn;'t work, try a full wipe before reporting and hit thanks :). It's working really nice for me on BT Jabra and MB ( B200) BT Carkit.
    Options

Optional Boot Animation: bootanimation.zip

Optional Wallpaper: Wallpaper

SlimBeanWall.png
    2.7 Released. Read Changelog Carefully.
    MOD Edit: Quote removed as disrespectful

I am sorry bud. You are misinformed. So according to you cm10 does no work, only ppl syncing and compiling does, forgetting that I made it easy enough to sync and compile, besides all the countless hours I put in. Please don't insult developers even if you can't appreciate them. I have zero issues with manel and he knows that. But your post is just sad.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2