FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] why is the exynos version of the galaxy note 3 unable to shoot 4k resolution?

11 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By ehabage, Junior Member on 3rd October 2013, 06:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
i'm about to buy the galaxy not 3 but i'm so confused about the difference between the snapdragon version and the exynos version, why exactly is the exynos version capable of recording 4k resolution?

3rd October 2013, 06:36 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 184

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehabage

i'm about to buy the galaxy not 3 but i'm so confused about the difference between the snapdragon version and the exynos version, why exactly is the exynos version capable of recording 4k resolution?

The chipset doesn't support it but the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 does. Simple.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
3rd October 2013, 07:46 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieljamie

The chipset doesn't support it but the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 does. Simple.

yes is that because the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset is more powerful the the Exynos one or it's only about different architectures?
3rd October 2013, 08:42 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 184

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehabage

yes is that because the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset is more powerful the the Exynos one or it's only about different architectures?

Just because Exynos didn't incorporate the feature I think. Both chipsets have their strengths.

4th October 2013, 07:21 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieljamie

Just because Exynos didn't incorporate the feature I think. Both chipsets have their strengths.

it doesn't incorporate 1080p @ 60fps too what a shame anyway thanks man
13th January 2014, 04:08 AM |#6  
Flag Bridgetown
Thanks Meter: 2

More
just go into the video settings and enable 'smooth motion' for the video settings in the exynos version, that would enable 60fps recording
13th January 2014, 05:20 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 226

More
It could be as simple as license issue, or as complex as having hardware not capable to handle the compression of such large frame (for example it could be faster graphic chip on Qualcom, since GPU are very good helping coding/decoding video) . Exynos doesnt have LTE either and by now it's at least second time around, Since Exynos used in Note 2 didn't have it as well.
13th January 2014, 05:26 AM |#8  
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 1,546

Donate to Me
More
Plus Exynos is Samsung's inhouse tech, so they're still tweaking and messing with different options.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)