My RMA Experience....

Search This thread

DanteEx

May 10, 2011
Canterbury
So I sent off my Asus Transformer Prime for several reasons.. Screen Bleeding, wifi and bluetooth issues, and a faulty connection between the prime and the dock, which resulted in the buttons only working 50% of the time, constant ejecting of the extra battery and SD card slot.

Now I live in the UK and there is no service centre here, so we have to send it to the Czech Republic to get serviced. I shipped it via UPS over a month ago and it arrived safely in the warehouse there. After the first week. I wonder why I haven't received word on anything about my device. I somehow stumble across an RMA status I was never told about. I see it as 'Repairing'.. after two weeks I still see it as 'repairing', and I decide to email tech support. I get nothing.

So I email Gary Key. He asks if I live in the US, and I say no. He never replies. So I message Derek Li.. He was very helpful but said he had no way to contact the European branch of ASUS, so that email conversation ended quickly. I contact ASUS support again, and they tell me they're waiting for a wifi module. I go check my status the next day and it has changed to 'WB1'.. Two weeks pass and still it is waiting for a part.

To conclude.. I have waited almost 5 weeks for my tablet to be returned. I am now doubting I will ever get it back.

ASUS has pretty much have taken my tablet and not replaced it. :mad:

Last edited:

chamberc

Feb 23, 2011
Irving, TX
So I sent off my Asus Transformer Prime for several reasons.. Screen Bleeding, wifi and bluetooth issues, and a faulty connection between the prime and the dock, which resulted in the buttons only working 50% of the time, constantly ejecting of the extra battery and SD card slot.

Now I live in the UK and there is no service centre here, so we have to send it to the Czech Republic to get serviced. I shipped it via UPS over a month ago and it arrived safely in the warehouse there. After the first week. I wonder why I haven't received word on anything about my device. I somehow stumble across an RMA status I was never told about. I see it as 'Repairing'.. after two weeks I still see it as 'repairing', and I decide to email tech support. I get nothing.

So I email Gary Key. He asks if I live in the US, and I say no. He never replies. So I message Derek Li.. He was very helpful but said he had no way to contact the European branch of ASUS, so that email conversation ended quickly. I contact ASUS support again, and they tell me they're waiting for a wifi module. I go check my status the next day and it has changed to 'WB1'.. Two weeks pass and still it is waiting for a part.

To conclude.. I have waited almost 5 weeks for my tablet to return. I am now doubting I will ever get it back.

ASUS has pretty much taken my tablet and not replaced it. :mad:

Correct. 10char

rochrunner

Jan 13, 2012
Google Pixel 6a
FWIW, I RMAed mine to the U.S. service center in Texas for the post-ICS random-reboot problem. It just sat with no status change, so I called them back after their quoted "14 business days" period had expired and complained about the delay. A few days later, they shipped me out a replacement (came from California).

Overall from the day I sent it to when I got it back was just over 4 calendar weeks.

Feb 20, 2012
UPS Paid RMA return can Take A While !

I called to get my RMA number and was delighted to learn that my unit was going to a city in the same province in Canada that I live. They told me that they would issue instructions on one e-mail (RMA #, address, packing, etc) and a prepaid UPS tag on a second e-mail.

First e-mail came and I followed the instructions then waited a week for the UPS collect e-mail info. I called the support group and they stated that they only pay the return shipping. Figuring old age is setting in - I arranged to send the unit in myself.

Of course three days after the unit is shipped - I get an e-mail with a UPS tag addressed and ready to print. :(

Oh, well - at least I get it back faster but to those who are offered prepaid - it does take a little bit of a wait from the first e-mail.

chistery

May 24, 2010
London
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
In the UK, UPS arrived with a pre-printed address label. It was picked up yesterday afternoon and today it arrived at Asus and is now showing as being repaired. Hopefully it won't take too long.

So all good so far.

kakesen

Dec 8, 2010
I sent mine in on the 11th from Ireland. RMA status said repairing for a few days, then waiting WB1 which is what it's been saying since. Emailed asus support and they said they would not get the "spare parts" til the 3rd of march..!! I replied that it was unacceptable and that I demanded a quicker turnaround. I have yet to hear back from them.

Blairware

Nov 12, 2009
Wake Forest, NC
I give you guys a lot of credit for patience

Hmm, guess patience is the key to getting all this done

I sent mine in on the 11th from Ireland. RMA status said repairing for a few days, then waiting WB1 which is what it's been saying since. Emailed asus support and they said they would not get the "spare parts" til the 3rd of march..!! I replied that it was unacceptable and that I demanded a quicker turnaround. I have yet to hear back from them.

But for me, I was always taught that "persistence pays off" There is no way in hell I would wait 14 days to "see what happens" as one post said, and I would not put up with ANY delays by Asus. period. I still don't get how people are afraid of offending someone in support. I have worked in support for too many years and believe me, we have thick skins. It's not like if you piss someone off they are going to spit in your soup, this is not a restaurant, LOL! Get every email and phone number you can find, and be the biggest pain in the arse they ever saw (or that you can muster up) because I can ASSURE you that the squeaky wheels get ALL the grease. You guys that sit quietly will get as much attention from support as you ask for. Ask for none, and you WILL get it. I promise.

I had my replacement back, in hand 5 days from when my defective Prime hit the Fedex Truck, and THAT was a day late because someone screwed up (but only ONE someone and only ONE screw up. That was with me all over them form the day it arrived, and I immediately started seeing "Not yet received, even though I had a "Signed by" name for the delivery. ****, I would start complaining that they are too slow BEFORE they get it. This way you can hit the ground running, LOL!

pierre3408

Dec 7, 2010
Smithtown,NY
This process is insane!

I decided to call my credit card company and explain what ASUS was pulling, and told them that I couldn't be without a tablet for 2 weeks.
They had me e-mail the vendor I bought it from (Don't want to name names because they did nothing wrong) even though it was past 14 days and request that they take it back for a refund or exchange.
When they responded that they could not, the credit card company reversed the charge on my credit card, and told me that they will have to do one or the other. It sucks that the seller did nothing wrong, but they will have to deal with ASUS, and not me. So either I'll have a replacement, or a refund and send back this Transformer.
If I do get a refund, I think I'll wait until all problems are resolved before I buy another.

kakesen

Dec 8, 2010
Mine now says Final Testing. Hopefully it'll be posted back quite soon then, in time for my holiday, which will be the real test if I can manage without a netbook. :cool:

Wow that was quick! I'll be interested to see if they've just replaced it, that's what I'm trying to get asus to do with mine. Dont want to wait ages for a lousy spare part.

Top Liked Posts