Galaxy S6, S6 Edge(+) Missing menu button SOLVED! (well an easy work around) =)

Search This thread

eclypse3demons

Oct 14, 2010
Here is the temp fix guys the problem is a lot of apps detect if there is a hardware menu button and omit showing the soft 3 dot button common in a lot of apps. The S5 has no dedicated menu button but it does have the long press home button option to launch the More options/Menu button, however out Galaxy S6 models do not have this option. BUT some apps still detect it and delete their in app button.

Here is the fix I figured out that works in this situation and it would be good to pass this on or write up a document.

Go to phone settings => Accessibility => Dexterity and interaction => Assistant Menu.

At the top right slide the off button to on to enable the Assistant menu icon on all screens. Then click on the Edit option. In the edit menu deselect all the buttons you do not need by hitting the red negative on the icons (-) in the upper part of the screen. (note it has two buttons that you cannot remove Home Screen, and Menu Settings) on the bottom half of the page hit the green plus sign (+) on the More Options button (It has 3 dots). (note there are lots of other buttons you can add)

Now on all screens is a little round button with 4 dots on it, it appears on all screens in all programs and is floating. There is the More options button now which is the software menu button we are missing =). You can just go back and disable Assistant menu afterward or like me leave this handy button on because I have multiple programs that do this.

Hope this helps guys Cheers! :good:

eclypse3demons

Oct 14, 2010
Yeah I tried that it did not work in the app that I run that I could not get to the menu with, I will try another program and see if I can get that to work. I also tried many of the other options I could find through the searches.

Benjpatt

Mar 24, 2016
Android z828 phone won't bring up the menu screen on mobotour app

---------- Post added at 07:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 AM ----------

I have tried the posted fix however that hasn't worked. Need it for job, which is telling me I need to get another phone.

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
Just got the S6 Edge+ and the MENU button is nowhere to find, so thanks for this helpful hint, never guessed i should enabled such functions on my phone.

amar95353

Sep 29, 2014
Just got the S6 Edge+ and the MENU button is nowhere to find, so thanks for this helpful hint, never guessed i should enabled such functions on my phone.
You can also download the free app from the Google play store called all in ones gestures. You can use it to remap all of the buttons on any samsung phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the temp fix guys the problem is a lot of apps detect if there is a hardware menu button and omit showing the soft 3 dot button common in a lot of apps. The S5 has no dedicated menu button but it does have the long press home button option to launch the More options/Menu button, however out Galaxy S6 models do not have this option. BUT some apps still detect it and delete their in app button.

Here is the fix I figured out that works in this situation and it would be good to pass this on or write up a document.

Go to phone settings => Accessibility => Dexterity and interaction => Assistant Menu.

At the top right slide the off button to on to enable the Assistant menu icon on all screens. Then click on the Edit option. In the edit menu deselect all the buttons you do not need by hitting the red negative on the icons (-) in the upper part of the screen. (note it has two buttons that you cannot remove Home Screen, and Menu Settings) on the bottom half of the page hit the green plus sign (+) on the More Options button (It has 3 dots). (note there are lots of other buttons you can add)

Now on all screens is a little round button with 4 dots on it, it appears on all screens in all programs and is floating. There is the More options button now which is the software menu button we are missing =). You can just go back and disable Assistant menu afterward or like me leave this handy button on because I have multiple programs that do this.

Hope this helps guys Cheers! :good:
    Long pressing back key also brings out menu option check out

Sent from my SM-G928I using XDA Free mobile app