writing 'hboot'... FAILED (remote: partition does not exist)

Search This thread

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
For cm5 you also need to download gapps
To get the latest for the g1 (gingerbread) you need to further update radio and SPL, what do you currently have if you boot to bootloader?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

pol-007

May 26, 2014
I'm sorry I dont understand ...you say if i can boot into boot loader?? if is that no.. right now the phone has briked (otherwise I can't boot into bootloader,recovery and power normaly the phone ) only with the bypass mistake if it can called thereby..i mentioned..
but how I sayed I can use the phone with trhat bypass method..
so..that rom cm5 i see have updates or upgrades something like that...after i goin to try the cm6 or 7 but nao i gonna use this rom cm5 has you give me...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was upgrading my G1's RC29 to GingerYoshi and came upon this problem in the install process.

fastboot flash hboot hboot-1.33.0013d.img
    sending 'hboot' (512 KB)... OKAY
    writing 'hboot'... FAILED (remote: partition does not exist)

I found this in the forums as a solution but couldn't comment on it because I have less than 10 posts....so here's my first. The solution below totally works. A big "Thank you, thank you" to lbcoder.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=479687&page=2
    That is because the 0.95.x000 SPL's do not have the hboot partition mapped.

You need to do one of two things;
    1) Recovery-update to 1.33.2003 (note the "3". This is NOT a "5".) -- the "2003" spl has the hboot partition mapped.
    2) ERASE your recovery partition (and test that it is erased by trying to boot into recovery -- it should boot into FASTBOOT), and then recovery-update to whatever SPL you prefer. I know, this sounds impossible -- just how do you boot recovery if your recovery is empty? By "fastboot boot recovery.img".

Either of these approaches should be fine.
    Write down everything on bootloader screen here also what is current recovery, and what do you mean by bricked?

I guess I'm still not following fully, but each ROM has specific requirements, some one radio/SPL and some another. You need to match your ROM or at least kernel to your radio/SPL
    If you boot to bootloader and write down everything from that screen I can suggest a ROM or two that will work

That info is from bootloader screen, this is good now I know your next steps

Can you boot to recovery and let me know which one you have? The one you want is Amon_ra1.7

After you have this you will need to update your radio then SPL, once done flash a ROM (like cm5) to test. After this you need to flash another radio then SPL and then you can flash a gingerbread ROM.

So first we need to confirmed which recovery you have....

By the way, this link has full instructions
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2189589
    Danger SPL is the same as hard SPL, just different words for the .2500 SPL (can't recall the exact # its been a while)
    If you want help getting fastboot to work you will need to copy and paste here all input/output from terminal/cmd, the error you are getting is caused by typing in the wrong command or not have elevated privileges, if you want further help just do these quick simple things
    Write down everything that is currently on bootloader (yes the white screen with the androids on skateboards, write down word for word)
    Then we can make sure which radio and SPL to download through fastboot next, and when you do this copy and paste all input/output here