By cyhax, Junior Member on 16th December 2012, 02:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th February 2013, 04:05 AM |#41  
Flag Little Rock, AR
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aicjofs

This ROM is rooted and should have no wifi issues. There are many ways to arrive at it, but it is quite possible to have a rooted Nabi with Gapps and working wifi. Most issues with Wifi are because people got out of sync with Nabi updates.

I think Jelly Bean is possible. I have tried compiling CM10(Jelly Bean 4.1.2) a few times but I have something wrong with audio and can't complete compile. Too busy lately to figure out where my device tree is wrong, some make file is wrong.

Thanks for the quick reply... I will get that installed in a few!
25th February 2013, 11:03 AM |#42  
Flag Little Rock, AR

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcallis

Thanks for the quick reply... I will get that installed in a few!

I actually installed the first update, and subsequently the other two and I am still not able to WiFi going. I saw some other posting about going back to stock and then using ADB to add in a file, but I am wondering if I really need to got back to stock in order to get WiFi running. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated since I have a 7 year old that is staring daggers at me.
28th February 2013, 07:48 AM |#43  
Flag Little Rock, AR

More
I do like the very stripped ROM, but what is included in the Kid Stuff? I don't really care about 85% of the apps, but I did find Monarch useful as well as some of the Nabi related web stuff like CN and things of that sort. So although I did use one of the updates, I am wondering if I could get Monarch back with the very first ROM entry?
16th April 2013, 04:33 AM |#44  
Thanks Meter: 88

More
is there still any work going on this?
20th May 2013, 03:17 PM |#45  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Nabi Rom
Hey guys, is there a way to install the Nabi rom (or something similar) on my Galaxy 7in tablet? I would like to make it kid friendly.
4th November 2013, 06:58 AM |#46  
Flag Little Rock, AR

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane1

is there still any work going on this?

It would seem that another project has bit the dust!
12th December 2013, 02:32 PM |#47  
Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Not to bump an old thread, but I want to find a stock rom that could get my kids Nabi to a regular Android rom. Does this make that possible or is it just the standard Nabi interface?

I want to buy him an ipad/galaxy tab but only if I can't make this work out.

again, sorry to bump it but I don't want to make a new thread when I can ask it in here.
13th December 2013, 12:05 AM |#48  
Flag Portland, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 1,022

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliath27

Not to bump an old thread, but I want to find a stock rom that could get my kids Nabi to a regular Android rom. Does this make that possible or is it just the standard Nabi interface?

I want to buy him an ipad/galaxy tab but only if I can't make this work out.

again, sorry to bump it but I don't want to make a new thread when I can ask it in here.

You can just boot it straight to daddy/mommy mode and it will seem like a normal Android device. You can also manually remove these http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1780
13th December 2013, 04:51 AM |#49  
Cleveland

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aicjofs

You can just boot it straight to daddy/mommy mode and it will seem like a normal Android device. You can also manually remove these http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1780

Fair enough. I'll try my hand at rooting it tonight and getting the app store installed. Thank you!
20th December 2013, 12:24 PM |#50  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Since we have no official forum I will post this here:

Got an email last night that the Nabi 2 is OFFICIALLY getting Google Play, not for the Disney or Nick edition though.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Nabi 2 play.png
Views:	97
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	2465013
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brownel02 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift brownel02 Ad-Free
20th December 2013, 02:23 PM |#51  
Cleveland

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownel02

Since we have no official forum I will post this here:

Got an email last night that the Nabi 2 is OFFICIALLY getting Google Play, not for the Disney or Nick edition though.

Attachment 2465013

Did it say it was a software update or do we just need to download it? I'll try and check when I get home tonight.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
nabi, nabi 2, nabi-2, nabi2, rom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)