FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Discussion thread for /data EMMC lockup/corruption bug

5,342 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,233
 
By sfhub, Senior Member on 9th May 2012, 01:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th June 2012, 03:27 AM |#491  
Esoteric68's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hellabama
Thanks Meter: 1,482
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhub

EDIT: I figured out what was wrong with the kernel flash. I renamed the zImage by mistake. Will fix in a moment.

I would just reflash the full CM9 for now, while I figure out why that kernel flash failed.

Basically skip 3 and goto 4.

Okay so then I'll wait lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Esoteric68 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Esoteric68 Ad-Free
 
 
8th June 2012, 03:30 AM |#492  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7,233
 
More
Ok, please redownload the update-kernel-CM9a5.zip. Sorry about that.
The Following User Says Thank You to sfhub For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sfhub Ad-Free
8th June 2012, 03:30 AM |#493  
Esoteric68's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hellabama
Thanks Meter: 1,482
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhub

Ok, please redownload the update-kernel-CM9a5.zip. Sorry about that.

Not a problem

Will report back, thanks!

Quick update: breezed through step 3 this time with no issues. ::thumbup::

Moving on to step 4.
The Following User Says Thank You to Esoteric68 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Esoteric68 Ad-Free
8th June 2012, 03:39 AM |#494  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7,233
 
More
Collective sigh of relief
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sfhub For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sfhub Ad-Free
8th June 2012, 03:48 AM |#495  
Esoteric68's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hellabama
Thanks Meter: 1,482
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhub

Collective sigh of relief

You and me both lol

Okay so I'm waiting for my Nandroid restore to finish, then I'll reboot and see if my changes from 4e stuck.

Will report back shortly.

Nandroid restore completed, phone rebooted into CM9, changes I made to home screen (added two apps) present.

Houston we have lift off!
The Following User Says Thank You to Esoteric68 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Esoteric68 Ad-Free
8th June 2012, 04:00 AM |#496  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7,233
 
More
You want to press your luck?

ODIN Agat's recovery, then flash agat's ROM at the bottom of this post:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1694609

Then repeat the test plan from step 1.

I think if that works, we've flashed CM9 enough times, and from different scenarios that it is very likely safe.
8th June 2012, 04:04 AM |#497  
Esoteric68's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hellabama
Thanks Meter: 1,482
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhub

You want to press your luck?

ODIN Agat's recovery, then flash agat's ROM at the bottom of this post:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1694609

Then repeat the test plan from step 1.

I think if that works, we've flashed CM9 enough times, and from different scenarios that it is very likely safe.

So insert agat's ROM (tFF02_v0.1.0.zip) into every step where we did the CM9 brickfix? Do I still do the update CM9 kernel or one of his kernels instead?

Or did you just mean flash his ROM to start then repeat the steps over again as they're written?
8th June 2012, 04:08 AM |#498  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7,233
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esoteric68

So insert agat's ROM (tFF02_v0.1.0.zip) into every step where we did the CM9 brickfix? Do I still do the update CM9 kernel or one of his kernels instead?

Nah, essentially do a step 7 where you flash Agat's ROM, so we can get you back to stock to test flashing CM9 when coming from a stock ICS ROM.

Then repeat from step 1 just like it is written.

Mostly this is just going to get another 4 or 5 flashes of CM9 in just to be extra sure we aren't just getting lucky.
8th June 2012, 04:09 AM |#499  
Esoteric68's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hellabama
Thanks Meter: 1,482
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhub

Nah, essentially do a step 7 where you flash Agat's ROM, so we can get you back to stock to test flashing CM9 when coming from a stock ICS ROM.

Then repeat from step 1 just like it is written.

Mostly this is just going to get another 4 or 5 flashes of CM9 in just to be extra sure we aren't just getting lucky.

Gotcha.

Okay, here goes nothin
8th June 2012, 04:36 AM |#500  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7,233
 
More
I just uploaded a BRICKFIX AOKP 37 so if you can at the end, ODIN flash AGAT CWM, and just flash AOKP 37 once so we can know it is safe also.
8th June 2012, 04:48 AM |#501  
Esoteric68's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hellabama
Thanks Meter: 1,482
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhub

I just uploaded a BRICKFIX AOKP 37 so if you can at the end, ODIN flash AGAT CWM, and just flash AOKP 37 once so we can know it is safe also.

Okay, good timing as I'm just finishing up step 6 for the second go round.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes