By sfhub, Senior Member on 9th May 2012, 01:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th June 2012, 07:03 PM |#521  
Flag Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 1,217

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esoteric68

Sorry I didn't respond earlier but I was asleep lol glad it went well and appreciate you running the test.

No worries man I should have been asleep as I have had no sleep while attempting this! Not a very bright Idea

Sent from my PaRAnO!D aNDr0id! o.O

8th June 2012, 07:12 PM |#522  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7,233

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy_smokezalot

No worries man I should have been asleep as I have had no sleep while attempting this! Not a very bright Idea

That's when we brick most often so you were just simulating real-world conditions.

Perhaps I should add no sleep as a prerequisite in the test plan?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sfhub For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sfhub Ad-Free
8th June 2012, 08:11 PM |#523  
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 713

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhub

That's when we brick most often so you were just simulating real-world conditions.

Lol, but seriously, that is so true. When I'm tired I make mistakes more often than not.
8th June 2012, 08:25 PM |#524  
Flag Washington DC

More
Quote:

lol yes that also and add not to be under the influence of any drug or alcohol lol

but i was VERY careful wen i did this with some starbucks coffee

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

im wondering if kbizzel is still going to attempt this that would be cool also....
8th June 2012, 08:40 PM |#525  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

im wondering if kbizzel is still going to attempt this that would be cool also....

He mentioned needing to go off to work but would try checking in tomorrow to test.
8th June 2012, 10:16 PM |#526  
Thanks Meter: 65

More
garwynn, please ask Samsung if they could release the errata for the 0x19 emmc firmware. That would allow us to really understand the exact conditions needed to trigger the bug. Right now we are basing everything on a secondhand description of the bug. I'd like the official description :)
8th June 2012, 10:34 PM |#527  
Flag Washington DC

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaviota

garwynn, please ask Samsung if they could release the errata for the 0x19 emmc firmware. That would allow us to really understand the exact conditions needed to trigger the bug. Right now we are basing everything on a secondhand description of the bug. I'd like the official description :)

This guy!!! Lol Yeah ask Samsung if they can release ice official ota before the 11th. Hopefully they will listen! but hell who knows they might just listen

8th June 2012, 10:39 PM |#528  
Flag Washington DC

More
Quote:

He mentioned needing to go off to work but would try checking in tomorrow to test.

I feel super lucky I'm gonna perform this test AGAIN for the hell of it lol

Edit: I just did another round of testing and everything went smooth like butter!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krazy_smokezalot For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift krazy_smokezalot Ad-Free
8th June 2012, 10:54 PM |#529  
Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive Recognized Developer / XDA Portal Team
Flag NE Ohio
Thanks Meter: 8,731

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaviota

While I fired off an inquiry to Samsung Semiconductor it's going to largely depend on how far they'll be willing to share. I haven't thought about how this would work yet but I'd bet that getting into the guts of the eMMC will probably require an NDA from anyone who wants to be involved. Great for possibly solving the problem but not sure how that's going to help the community unless we're able to share the results of the discussion/research.

And honestly I don't know if the Mobile division would have all of this - they would probably go back to the source just we're doing.

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

Quote:

Yeah ask Samsung if they can release ice official ota before the 11th. Hopefully they will listen! but hell who knows they might just listen

First off, Samsung has a part of this but I think it largely falls onto Sprint now.

FF02 thread has an update on this situation that suggest there is movement towards the OTA release. Will suggest jumping over there to read what's up.
8th June 2012, 10:58 PM |#530  
Flag Washington DC

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by garwynn

While I fired off an inquiry to Samsung Semiconductor it's going to largely depend on how far they'll be willing to share. I haven't thought about how this would work yet but I'd bet that getting into the guts of the eMMC will probably require an NDA from anyone who wants to be involved. Great for possibly solving the problem but not sure how that's going to help the community unless we're able to share the results of the discussion/research.

And honestly I don't know if the Mobile division would have all of this - they would probably go back to the source just we're doing.

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

First off, Samsung has a part of this but I think it largely falls onto Sprint now.

FF02 thread has an update on this situation that suggest there is movement towards the OTA release. Will suggest jumping over there to read what's up.

Dude I know they said "One is to share the information that open source developers can use to fix the problem."

Lol I was being sarcastic. Take it how ever you want!

9th June 2012, 01:23 AM |#531  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

I feel super lucky I'm gonna perform this test AGAIN for the hell of it lol

Edit: I just did another round of testing and everything went smooth like butter!!!

What is the old saying:

"Courage is not the absence of fear but the action in the face of fear"

You've just made it

"Courage is feeling super lucky"
The Following User Says Thank You to sfhub For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sfhub Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)