Animated Flip HTC Sense Clock (Desire HD Port)

Search This thread

thatdudebutch

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 28, 2010
Raleigh, NC
www.twitter.com
Hey guys, just thought I would share the Sense Clock from the Desire HD leaked system dump. This clocks numbers actually flip down as each minute and hour passes. You must be running sense for this to work. Place on SD card, and flash .zip file via recovery.

WARNING: Do not wipe, as this is using your cached prior HtcClockWidget.apk signature verification. Which means you should have the stock widget active on your homescreen before you flash this. This is tricking the clock into thinking the .apk is signed correctly.. It is highly advised you nandroid backup!! If you wipe your cache for any reason you will lose the clock and possibly cause other errors. If you need to wipe for some reason, delete HtcClockWidget.apk in system/app via Root Explorer or ADB.

The HTC Clock Widget MUST be actively open on your home screen.
You can NOT move it.
You can NOT remove it from your home screen and add it again later.
You can NOT look at the different clocks the widget has to offer.

Long story short, make sure the clock is on your home screen before installing. Do NOT touch the clock other than to open the weather.

Download
http://www.mediafire.com/?605af7nk1mc60s1

Last edited:
Reactions: voddles and BodenM

jasonb1985

Jun 7, 2010
Works on Virtuous 2.0, so I'd imagine it would work on the later Virtuous releases as well. I was always a bit dissapoined that our clock didnt flip.

Earendur

Jul 17, 2010
Just tried it doesn't show up in the widgets list. Most likely because it would be in the sense widget list. Someone should definitely port it to show up without sense so everyone with vanilla can enjoy it :D

skyraider vanilla 3.0 RC3
bfs kernel #4

thatdudebutch

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 28, 2010
Raleigh, NC
www.twitter.com
Just tried it doesn't show up in the widgets list. Most likely because it would be in the sense widget list. Someone should definitely port it to show up without sense so everyone with vanilla can enjoy it :D

skyraider vanilla 3.0 RC3
bfs kernel #4

LOL.. Yeah read OP. You must be running sense with the original sense clock installed for this to work.

Nimbus79

Apr 2, 2010
Casselberry, FL
any success stories on stock 2.2??

EDIT: Got it working on a fresh flash of the deodexed stock 2.2

I'll second Jason... flipping sweeeet!!!

Last edited:

srt4mn

Jul 23, 2009
MN
Tried on Skyraider 3.1 Sense and FC when I try to add it to the homescreen. Seems like it renamed "Clocks" to "Digital Clock" in the widgets screen and none of the clocks work now. Was I suppose to have a flip clock already on the homescreen or wouldn't it have mattered?

Guess I'll nandroid back, was looking forward to the flips :(

Blindlabel

Jun 20, 2010
Saint Louis
Tried on Skyraider 3.1 Sense and FC when I try to add it to the homescreen. Seems like it renamed "Clocks" to "Digital Clock" in the widgets screen and none of the clocks work now. Was I suppose to have a flip clock already on the homescreen or wouldn't it have mattered?

Guess I'll nandroid back, was looking forward to the flips :(

Exact same thing happened to me haha, you're not alone.

srt4mn

Jul 23, 2009
MN
Left a Flip Clock on the homescreen on SkyRaider 3.1 Sense and flashed the zip and it worked.

srt4mn

Jul 23, 2009
MN
Also, don't try and go into the digital clocks on the widget screen after flashing, it will break it and make it not flip again.

Kinda too buggy for my tastes right now, but it does in fact work. Thanks thatdudebutch!

rice247

Jun 11, 2010
I always wanted it to flip too haha. Works great but like someone already said, going back into digital clocks in the widget screen will break it. FC's when I try to add the clock back to my home screen now :(

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

x1208x

Dec 20, 2009
Gonna try this with Revolution Theme on Virtuous 2.7.

Wish me luck!

Update: So far so good! it flips really fast though. Faster than WM w/ Sense.

I like that it flips when you refresh the time by waking the phone or going back to the home screen.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, just thought I would share the Sense Clock from the Desire HD leaked system dump. This clocks numbers actually flip down as each minute and hour passes. You must be running sense for this to work. Place on SD card, and flash .zip file via recovery.

WARNING: Do not wipe, as this is using your cached prior HtcClockWidget.apk signature verification. Which means you should have the stock widget active on your homescreen before you flash this. This is tricking the clock into thinking the .apk is signed correctly.. It is highly advised you nandroid backup!! If you wipe your cache for any reason you will lose the clock and possibly cause other errors. If you need to wipe for some reason, delete HtcClockWidget.apk in system/app via Root Explorer or ADB.

The HTC Clock Widget MUST be actively open on your home screen.
    You can NOT move it.
    You can NOT remove it from your home screen and add it again later.
    You can NOT look at the different clocks the widget has to offer.

Long story short, make sure the clock is on your home screen before installing. Do NOT touch the clock other than to open the weather.

Download
    http://www.mediafire.com/?605af7nk1mc60s1
    Animating Flip Clock Widget

I have a clock widget with a real animating flip, which does not require sense. Check my thread.
    icon.png
    I have a clock widget with a real animating flip, which does not require sense. Check my thread.
    icon.png

why use an app when we have it on our phone???

your argument is invalid.