[rom][8/1] paranoidandroid 3.91 | 4.3

Should Paranoid Android change to an AOSP base.

• Yes, AOSP base with a few features from cm

Votes: 277 63.2%
  • NO, stick with a cm base(current base)

Votes: 161 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dexviajiboy

Dec 13, 2012
Golden Sandy
dexviajiboy.blogspot.com
Afaikr, flash is not supposed to work since ICS. Stock browser is changed though, it has options missing (like user agent).

Misit de galaxiae nexus usura tapatalk II

If you want to change useragent on stock browser, type about:debug in address bar, go to setting you will see debug option in setting, useragent under UAString.. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7

Reactions: Puzzlegirl

BakaPhoenix

Jul 16, 2010
Roma
When in tablet mode, it used to show notifications next to the clock. I've seen it been asked in the N4 thread and apparently it has been said that its fixed, but its still happening on my N7 v3.97. When I change the number of notifications, they show up for 2 seconds before system ui crashes.

Wondering if theres a fix for it, or if someone can look further into this. Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

i have this problem too :S also, after system ui crash there is non notification in the notification bar. i had this problem even before 4.3

funkpod

Aug 7, 2010

EvanA

Nov 15, 2012
thelinuxman.us
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6GGJATC2xc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

Hello, have you seen the new halo features? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6GGJATC2xc&feature=youtube_gdata_player.
I know how to use halo, but how do i access the new halo features of showing the apps in the halo streams?

You have to be on 3.97.

funkpod

Aug 7, 2010
Thanks. I was on 3.97, but could figure out how to get widgets to show up on my halo stream. Is there a proper name for the halo bubbles or dots that you click on?

But, I realized that I didn't have anything open that could use the multi touch. So I downloaded the power control widget and bam! Widgets in my halo stream!

I would like to see more apps take advantage of this, or maybe show a preview of it before selecting that halo bubble.

Also, request, maybe there can be a way to dismiss individual halo bubbles without selecting that halo dot? Especially for notifications on the middle dot or the end. Like a drag down option, etc.

A lot of the halo dots I don't need to view. Or would rather dismiss until later.

Does that make sense?

sent from my galaxy s3, baby.

lklun

Jun 25, 2013
My Nexus 7 is encrypted with the built-in encryption in Android. Since a few PA builds ago, there is an option called "Sync encryption password" under Settings - Security. I don't know if I misunderstood this, but wasn't this supposed to allow changing the encryption password independently of the screen lock password/PIN? I seem to be unable to do that. What does the "Sync encryption password"-option really do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

kernel source

FEATURES for 3.0+,

• Hybrid engine,
      Per app Layout, this will let you choose the UI of any app, that means you can switch apps into their tablet layouts
      Per app Size, scale apps individually, this is especially important if you use tablet apps, go as small or big as you like
      Per app Color, this lets you select statusbar and navbar colors for apps individually, colors will shift when you jump from one app to another
      Hybrid engine makes it possible to use any tablet ready app available on your phone, start with your regular Google apps and see what treasures lie hidden in them and just how well they work on your device.
      You can use hybrid engine to use all available general interface UI's aswell: Phone, Phablet, Tablet. This is safe as milk, we don't change DPI, we don't trash your market, we don't shrink all your apps or force them into layouts, you don't need to edit system files for that.
      Transparent bars and color pickers, new SystemUI drawables thanks to giannisgx89
      Theming Engine
      Statusbar Settings, Lockscreen Settings
      Multiuser support
      Quicksettings -> Quicktoggles
      4.2 Walls and sounds, Google stock apps
      As we merge back our old CMPA feature catalogue this list will grow considerably over the coming weeks
      New holo-styled theme chooser
      T9 dialer
      New papreferences app

DONATIONS,
    to molesarecoming
    to D4rKn3sSyS
    to jaybob413
    to aaronpoweruser

PARANOIDANDROID 2.16 | Only Rom on Android capable of Hybrid mode | Click and see

Just in case...

aospa_gray_0ctriy.png

shots_12pk0x.png

BE WARNED, 4.2.0 is not the most bugless android, the issues are known.

INSTRUCTIONS,
    1. UPDATE RECOVERY
    2. FACTORY RESET
    3. INSTALL ROM, GAPPS, FIX-IF ANY
    4. WIPE CACHE & DALVIK CACHE
    5. REBOOT
    PA 2.99+ UPDATES DO NOT NEED A FACTORY RESET,
    BUT YOU NEED TO INSTALL GAPPS ASWELL.

Changelogs are on the paranoid andorid google+ page

Know bugs:
    graphical glitch when using pie

CREDITS,
    AOSP/Google, Cyanogenmod, Goo, XDA, Krebsmilk, giannisgx89, AOKP, our users, supporters and donators, everyone who's helped us in the past, heartfelt thanks to all of you!

LINKS,
    Github: www.github.com/paranoidandroid
    Gerrit: review.paranoid-rom.com

BANNERS,

aospa_green_01xq18.png

aospa_green_146qv9.png

aospa_yellow_0h0rxo.png

aospa_yellow_1ukoes.png

aospa_cyan_05kpwq.png

aospa_cyan_1bxo8t.png

aospa_gray_0ctriy.png

aospa_gray_1kwp32.png

State of Paranoia 11/14/12

We have forked all the required repos, for a aosp based pa and are hard at work on getting pa 3.0 ready. I have a grouper repo set up and building! We are still a ways away from giving you the goodness you love, but we do have the following.

Multi-user support on phones!!!
    begings of a pa exclusive feature!!!!
    Power menu options.
    Hybrid rewrite-planed for this weekend.

Stay Paranoid,
    aaronpoweruser