FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[How To] Stop annoying OTA notifiication on 3.1

307 posts
Thanks Meter: 93

By bilago, Senior Member on 2nd September 2011, 11:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
If you are on 3.1 still like I am, I bet you are getting extremely frustrated when the Update notification keeps popping up (Where is that damn never ask me again button??!!)

Well here is the fix! I do not take responsibility if this breaks your xoom, computer, or your face

First try deleting the zip file out of your /cache/ folder (did not work for me)

Then try replacing your build.prop file with the following

***Please note this has been only tested on Tiamat 1.1 rom running Android 3.1****

Instructions:<
ADB:
Extract build.prop to your ADB folder
ADB Remount (should say successful)
ADB push build.prop system/
ADB Reboot

Using Root Explorer, make system writable
move build.prop and replace exisiting
Reboot.
Attached Files
File Type: zip build_prop_modified.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.5 KB, 158 views)
File Type: zip build_prop_original.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.4 KB, 58 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bilago For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bilago Ad-Free

8th September 2011, 02:14 AM |#2  
Flag ├ůstorp
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Why dont you want to update?

Sent from my MZ601 using XDA App
10th September 2011, 03:29 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iccy

Why dont you want to update?

Sent from my MZ601 using XDA App

because the update offers nothing that I don't already have on my rooted and heavily modified version of 3.1.
It takes to long for me to get everything set up just the way I like it, so until an update actually gives us anything worth while, I'm content staying "back" at 3.1, with all the bells& whistles. I can read & write to my sd,overclock, undervolt, read & write to external drives, etc.
What am I missing from 3.2?
14th September 2011, 10:07 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
-Killed my Swype installation, which was a deal-breaker for me.
23rd September 2011, 10:18 PM |#5  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 76

More
I just removed the zip from cache, said instal update then hit cancel when it failed to reboot and haven't had it since
Thanks!

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium
24th September 2011, 03:57 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychokitty

because the update offers nothing that I don't already have on my rooted and heavily modified version of 3.1.
It takes to long for me to get everything set up just the way I like it, so until an update actually gives us anything worth while, I'm content staying "back" at 3.1, with all the bells& whistles. I can read & write to my sd,overclock, undervolt, read & write to external drives, etc.
What am I missing from 3.2?

Your right there fella,

Sent from my R800i using xda premium
24th September 2011, 11:41 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 135

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopediculous

I just removed the zip from cache, said instal update then hit cancel when it failed to reboot and haven't had it since
Thanks!

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium

Where does it cache to?

EDIT - nevermind.. duh.. the cache...
26th September 2011, 05:52 PM |#8  
Retired Portal Administrator
Thanks Meter: 2,918

More
For those wanting to stop the OTA nag, I've found that Solarnz's fix (modpack 3) for the Moray ROM works on the stock ROM as well.
11th October 2011, 11:13 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
help, i use Root Explorer and rename my build.prop to build.propo, and copy you build.prop in to 3.2 xoom system, after reboot allway stay in the honeycomb logo.... is their anyway to change back my build.propo to build.prop?? thanks~
12th October 2011, 04:45 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vista
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhz1000a

help, i use Root Explorer and rename my build.prop to build.propo, and copy you build.prop in to 3.2 xoom system, after reboot allway stay in the honeycomb logo.... is their anyway to change back my build.propo to build.prop?? thanks~

The file I posted was only for 3.1 Android systems. I would recommend restoring from a Nandroid backup, but if you do not have one you will need to jump on IRC so one of our genius's can assist you on restoring your original files.
6th December 2011, 12:19 AM |#11  
Flag Shah Alam
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I already applied this and I think it works.. Thank you very much...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)