Thanks Meter: 4,832

Post Reply Email Thread
21st March 2019, 08:20 PM |#12931  
Flag Nagpur
Thanks Meter: 277

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusk

Anyone else have issues with 4.2.3 not asking for root with magisk 18.2?

No I haven't faced any issue with this combination...
21st March 2019, 11:00 PM |#12932  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobbdeep

I have to manually check for updates in the app myself and just about every day, there's available updates. There is no "auto updating" anymore. This is what everyone who is having this issue is trying explain. We shouldn't have to go into the app and manually check for updates of host files and whatnot and that's what myself and others are having to do.

it seems that everyone is omitting the problem of daily updates
21st March 2019, 11:59 PM |#12933  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4,832

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by babywin

I think this is certainly a bug, but seems like we are the only ones with the issue.
I hope to see more people reporting NO daily updates on 4.2.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilla0617

I have the same issue

Quote:

I really hope a developer's answer to this issue.
Please continue reporting NO daily updates bug on 4.2.x
Thanks a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkt_Lnt

Until someone posts a logcat these reports do not help show why no updates. Saying "me too" is not a proven troubleshooting method.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkt_Lnt

Disable daily update setting, start logcat, enable daily update setting.

That should trigger an update, if it does not, the logcat should show why.

Quote:

The auto daily updates isn't triggered anymore. It seems that works one time and then a bug prevent the subsequents daily updates.
With 3.x I have a notification of successful hosts updates every day. That isn't happen in 4.2.x not even once.

Okay, that's what I supposed and one of the reason I wanted to add telemetry.
Few notes about it:
  • I used Android X work manager library in alpha / beta versions. It is in charge to schedule the trigger the update worker. A known bug (now fixed) might request you disable and re-enable automatic update in order to properly schedule the update worker.
  • Telemetry shows that update worker starts only for 1% of users but I don't know if they have enabled auto-update or not (I just add a log when auto-update starts to check the mechanism as I have some doubts). It seems really low… More over, a lot of install errors appear during auto-update. Some are "no connection" but I don't have more details for the others. If I don't have more logcats, I might need to temporary add more details in telemetry to debug this issue.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to PerfectSlayer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PerfectSlayer Ad-Free
22nd March 2019, 12:24 AM |#12934  
Flag Indianapolis, IN
Thanks Meter: 1,572

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubham259

No I haven't faced any issue with this combination...

deleted

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

Quote:

I had to click on the disable ad blocking button to get the root prompt, then click on the enable ad blocking button.
22nd March 2019, 12:44 AM |#12935  
Flag Århus
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyfender

deleted

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

I had to click on the disable ad blocking button to get the root prompt, then click on the enable ad blocking button.

I tried that, also always grant root, no bueno.
22nd March 2019, 01:01 AM |#12936  
Flag Indianapolis, IN
Thanks Meter: 1,572

More
Quote:

I tried that, also always grant root, no bueno.

Have you tried uninstalling Adaway and reinstalling it?
22nd March 2019, 01:03 AM |#12937  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Quote:

I wanted to contribute telemetry, so I uninstalled XDA/AFH 4.2.3 then put on the fdroid variant (no reboot between uninstall & reinstall).

Even though I have "beta" selected in Magisk Manager, I'm on 18.1 and it calls me up-to-date.

So, with Magisk 18.1 and AdAway 4.2.3, I got prompted for root access properly. I know it's not what you asked, but it is a data point...

Nitrogen Pie, Nexus 6
The Following User Says Thank You to JGradyO For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JGradyO Ad-Free
22nd March 2019, 05:57 AM |#12938  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectSlayer

Okay, that's what I supposed and one of the reason I wanted to add telemetry.
Few notes about it:

• I used Android X work manager library in alpha / beta versions. It is in charge to schedule the trigger the update worker. A known bug (now fixed) might request you disable and re-enable automatic update in order to properly schedule the update worker.
  • Telemetry shows that update worker starts only for 1% of users but I don't know if they have enabled auto-update or not (I just add a log when auto-update starts to check the mechanism as I have some doubts). It seems really low… More over, a lot of install errors appear during auto-update. Some are "no connection" but I don't have more details for the others. If I don't have more logcats, I might need to temporary add more details in telemetry to debug this issue.

As nobody seems to fix the daily auto updates... I've just back to use 3.3 again.
Thanks for the ones who cares.
4.2.x is currently a NO NO for me
22nd March 2019, 08:52 AM |#12939  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Translator
Flag Preserving Air Supremacy over XDA
Thanks Meter: 8,202

More
Quote:

As nobody seems to fix the daily auto updates... I've just back to use 3.3 again.
Thanks for the ones who cares.
4.2.x is currently a NO NO for me

Don't you think you're slightly impatient? You first reported your issue on 2019-03-19 i.e. 3 days ago. Latest from @PerfectSlayer's post that you've replied to, you see that he's the issue on his radar screen but also clearly expressed his requirements to be able to analyse the issue.

Developers on XDA spend their leisure time and work for free in order to provide great things for the benefit of the XDA community. I firmly believe then it's just fair to allow a fair amount of time to fix an issue (even if it lasts weeks). I'm reading between your lines and I recognised the capital letters. Why didn't you just quietly reverted to v3.3?
The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to Oswald Boelcke For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oswald Boelcke Ad-Free
22nd March 2019, 11:19 AM |#12940  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald Boelcke

Don't you think you're slightly impatient? You first reported your issue on 2019-03-19 i.e. 3 days ago. Latest from @PerfectSlayer's post that you've replied to, you see that he's the issue on his radar screen but also clearly expressed his requirements to be able to analyse the issue.

Developers on XDA spend their leisure time and work for free in order to provide great things for the benefit of the XDA community. I firmly believe then it's just fair to allow a fair amount of time to fix an issue (even if it lasts weeks). I'm reading between your lines and I recognised the capital letters. Why didn't you just quietly reverted to v3.3?

You are right.
My mistake.
Sorry.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to babywin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift babywin Ad-Free
23rd March 2019, 12:42 AM |#12941  
Flag Rancho Cucamonga
Thanks Meter: 3,191

More
For anybody who read my post on here earlier today it was a joke just a joke... sorry if anybody took it seriously...

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

Sorry for going on about this but I just find it so hard to believe that somebody took it seriously
where I got a warning for posting.... something
where someone thought I was looking for trouble...

I mean no where did the person reference my name or the terminology of somebody being fat how could you not know I was a joking...
Again sorry for the OT
The Following User Says Thank You to cujo6801 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cujo6801 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ad block, adaway, adblock, adblocker, source

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)