Originally Posted by jhenu
I have samsung s-gt7262 mobile. It has spreadtrum sc6820 processor. The firmware are available at samsung-updates.com for india region.
So I have firmware and odin downloaded.
Bro, you have a newer phone and people are still trying to root this.
If you find CWM Recovery image which may be working for your Model then it would be better because I tried to find CWM for your model but found none. Any way... you may try random CWM images for your mobile.
From the above link you need some tools, software, images:
First of all you will need Research Download Tool so download Package Debug Tools.
Working CWM Recovery Image for your model. At the moment no specific is available so try Random CWM images.... You may try one after another image.
FDL files so download FDL file set also.
Remember, Research Download can revive even dead phone.
(Windows XP is better for using Research Download because SpreadTrum Mobile drivers don’t install in Windows 8.... You may try on both windows though. For me, it worked on XP so I had to install VMWare with XP on my Windows 8)
1. Install SpreadTrum Drivers.......
2. Run Channel Server (You will find in Debug Tools package)
3. In the setting select 115200 baud rate.
4. Run Research Download
5. Channel Server should have green light when Research Download is run. If not, change Com Port and Endian Setting in the Channel Server.
6. Open Firmware (pac file) through single gear icon.
7. Open the setting (two gears Icon). Make sure that baud rate in Research Download is also 115200
8. Replace fdl1 and fdl2 with the files available with you.... (Try different sets you have downloaded.... Hit and trial.... I would suggest you to try first without replacing these files)
9. In the Recovery row, replace the path of file to the CWM Recovery image file Downloaded by you. This is Custom Work Mode Recovery file. By changing this file, Research Download will flash CWM Recovery instead of Normal Stock Recovery. In case Custom Work Mode Recovery image is not flashed, mobile will still have normal Stock Recovery BUT without advanced features. But for Rooting you need Custom Work Mode Recovery. So try image suitable for your model. There is none specific for your model so you may try one by one after flash is over....
10. Go to the Calibration Tab.... uncheck all boxes..... if you dont, it may trouble you. Flash may fail. I was stuck for days on this step. Then I tried this setting and worked for me. One more guy has also reported to have worked this step for him. Another will report soon because he is also stuck on that.
11. Press Play Button.
12. Dont plug your mobile yet. Switch it off. Thereafter, plug in mobile in Computer USB while holding Volume - button.
13. Flash will start.
14. After the flash is complete, Reboot the Phone.
15. It’s should boot ...... Hopefully it would.
Now you have phone with firmware flashed with CWM Recovery Image installed on it.
Now comes the part of installing Super User files. Download SuperUser Zip from official web site.
16. Place Zip file containing SuperUser files on the root of sd-card.
17. Shut down Phone.
18. Switch on phone while holding vol(-) and power button. (Your model may have different combination for entering into Recovery Mode) It will reboot phone in CWM mode. Apply zip file containing SuperUser files from sdcard.
19. Reboot. It’s rooted.
I am not responsible, if you bricked your mobile in the process. I bricked my own handset once... But Research Download can revive even dead phones so mine was also brought back to life.... As long as you have firmware with you.... You make take risks.
Best of luck.... If you are stuck on any step.... Just tell me. I have tried to cover all steps... But some steps may require detailed instructions for newer people.