FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

View Poll Results: Do You Think We Should Get This Thread Stickied?

Yes

1,115 Vote(s)
95.79%
No

49 Vote(s)
4.21%

[TOOL] HTC One S All-In-One Toolkit v4.0 [7-10-2013] [PERM ROOT][Noob-Proof]

3,559 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,761

Thread Closed Email Thread
21st April 2012, 01:02 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 139

More
I have a one s version for T-Mobile us and I am honestly wondering if the root solution works on that model. I don't want to brick it yet lol.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using XDA

25th April 2012, 04:07 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 206

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by domineus

I have a one s version for T-Mobile us and I am honestly wondering if the root solution works on that model. I don't want to brick it yet lol.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using XDA

Getting T-Mobile HTC One S this week.

Can I use this to root?

If I only want root and don't want to install ROMs, can I just do the 5 steps on the left and stop with that?
25th April 2012, 04:40 PM |#23  
Flag Memphis
Thanks Meter: 221

More
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ROOT THE T-MOBILE VERSION.....at least at this time.

I've heard/read some reports of insta-bricked devices. It's best to wait. And yeah, I know, it's got ****-tons of bloatware and is begging to be rooted and ROM'd.

I think you'd probably be OK with unlocking the bootloader, as you have to follow HTCdev.com's instructions, but even then I don't want to comment.
25th April 2012, 07:08 PM |#24  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 85

More
unlocked bootloader on my tmobile ONE-S four days ago with no issues.

figured i'd wait till later today to root since other people would have tried it before me.

25th April 2012, 07:45 PM |#25  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmv

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ROOT THE T-MOBILE VERSION.....at least at this time.

I've heard/read some reports of insta-bricked devices. It's best to wait. And yeah, I know, it's got ****-tons of bloatware and is begging to be rooted and ROM'd.

I think you'd probably be OK with unlocking the bootloader, as you have to follow HTCdev.com's instructions, but even then I don't want to comment.

I rooted it successfully using paul o brien's tool. SU has been applied as has been CWM. But I can't flash CWM recovery...that's the only thing I can't do =(
The Following User Says Thank You to domineus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift domineus Ad-Free
25th April 2012, 08:26 PM |#26  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 85

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by domineus

I rooted it successfully using paul o brien's tool. SU has been applied as has been CWM. But I can't flash CWM recovery...that's the only thing I can't do =(

gonna apply SU via paul obriens tool right now.
thanks for the heads up!
The Following User Says Thank You to suhailtheboss For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift suhailtheboss Ad-Free
25th April 2012, 08:50 PM |#27  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by suhailtheboss

gonna apply SU via paul obriens tool right now.
thanks for the heads up!

also use the interim custom recovery. That is the only recovery that works for me. Besides that I'm ready to flash my first custom rom
Ty to HTC - hopefully the camera still works well
26th April 2012, 12:21 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Thumbs up
Thanx this soo much easier then any other phone...just follow the steps x) tmobile US
26th April 2012, 02:21 AM |#29  
Flag Memphis
Thanks Meter: 221

More
Which custom recovery do I need? And were we supposed to flash r3 superboot for the T-Mo US version?

Mine's unlocked and rooted, but shows *TAMPERED* just above *UNLOCKED*. Don't know if that's good or bad, or what...
26th April 2012, 03:28 AM |#30  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orland Park, Illinois
Thanks Meter: 9,761

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bxrxyxaxn

Thanx this soo much easier then any other phone...just follow the steps x) tmobile US

You are welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmv

Which custom recovery do I need? And were we supposed to flash r3 superboot for the T-Mo US version?

Mine's unlocked and rooted, but shows *TAMPERED* just above *UNLOCKED*. Don't know if that's good or bad, or what...

Don't worry about it. That just means that you unlocked the bootloader. You can flash any recovery, preferably the CWM
26th April 2012, 10:17 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Does the interem recovery restore nandroids exactly howu backed them up?
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread