FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

G1 FONTS! Post them here!!!!

44 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By thulinhlun, Member on 22nd February 2009, 08:00 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys, since u all can see that the "original fonts" of G1 is same as other phone and surely "boring". So i think it will be unique if G1 has the other kind of fonts. So here where mine come from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=480328
Well because i dont know how to take out the front so just download the theme down and install it. After than u can install a different theme over it and the fonts will be there still.
Or u can try to delete the framework and app inside the folder and install it (dunno if it will work because i never try it)
And if anyone else got any kind of fonts that can install in G1 please post it here for sharing.
Here below is some pic about my fonts:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1235276159348.png
Views:	3287
Size:	201.6 KB
ID:	159716   Click image for larger version

Name:	1235276212580.png
Views:	5874
Size:	181.0 KB
ID:	159717   Click image for larger version

Name:	1235276227808.png
Views:	1761
Size:	163.4 KB
ID:	159718   Click image for larger version

Name:	1235276328744.png
Views:	1669
Size:	146.9 KB
ID:	159719  

22nd February 2009, 11:20 PM |#2  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 1,041

Donate to Me
More
couldn't any font be put on the G1? i can't see why only some would work.
22nd February 2009, 11:43 PM |#3  
Flag Satellite Beach, Florida
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Not sure of compatibility but i know that some fonts dont look right if they are too small. One example i can think of is segoe ui. it is a very nice font but doesnt look right below 8.

Font doesnt bother me, it is very legible and clean and matches most themes.
23rd February 2009, 01:18 AM |#4  

More
does anyone know how to change the font? and if o does anyone know where i can get a good font? i have 1.42 rc33
23rd February 2009, 01:38 AM |#5  
Flag Nashua, NH

More
Lightbulb
If I can figure it out I really want to make just straight Font update.zip files so that people could just download the font that they want install it over the theme that they have and presto!! There it is! If anyone wants to help me figure this out Private message me! I really want so different fonts on my phone too! Cheers!
23rd February 2009, 02:47 AM |#6  
OP Member

More
Hm........if u read my first post, i did show u how to install the fonts i have above, but that all i know lol. Sorry i cant help :P
23rd February 2009, 04:38 AM |#7  
Flag Nashua, NH

More
Thumbs up
I've done that too. What I really want to do is just make a bunch of update files that only contain the font to be updated. That way it doesn't take long to update and it would be a rather small file that people could hopefully swap out even if they have apps installed and such as opposed to having to having a fresh install of RC33...

It took me about a week just to get the nuts to root my phone to begin with and I'm down to 1 so I don't even have a test phone to mess up.

I'm going to read over the theme creation threads a few more times and see if I can do it alone. I will post my results to you sir!
23rd February 2009, 07:27 AM |#8  
OP Member

More
Yea good luck to u lol.
As for me, everytime i get the gut to try to learn how to make a theme by myself. A big headache hit me so i stopped lol.
And yea i didnt got the gut to root my phone either into i give my phone to a friend to make it can read vietnamese (G1 cant read some words of Vietnamese). And when he return it too me, he told me my phone is rooted lol i still dont know should i say thanks to him or f*** him
24th February 2009, 03:33 AM |#9  

More
with the guicci theme the creator added his own font that you apply as update.zip i think its old english bt its really hard to read idk how he created it tho but this is wat u mean bt an update.zip font right? i would really like to see fonts like that and i kno it can b done i just wish i knew how to do it
24th February 2009, 04:39 AM |#10  
Flag New York

More
i wonder how is done here is a post where it has only font update

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=468436

how can u sign the fonts only? dont look that hard

fonts only

http://www.fightforthepits.com/Andro...date-fonts.zip
24th February 2009, 04:56 AM |#11  
Flag Nashua, NH

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro212

i wonder how is done here is a post where it has only font update

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=468436

how can u sign the fonts only? dont look that hard

fonts only

http://www.fightforthepits.com/Andro...date-fonts.zip

Thank you!

Question though. Can I just replace the TT font files with a different set of them and re zip it? That sounds way to easy but I hope so. lol
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)