Post Reply Email Thread
17th May 2009, 07:09 PM |#101  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 36

More
awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by anddep

Here's Droid Logo font as an update.zip... avoid typing credit goes to ei8htohms for posting the .tff file.

Fantastic, thanks! I keep tweaking it and updating the files, but this version seems to work fine for now. I'll let you know when I've made an incremental improvement that warrants a new update.zip (if you don't mind, maybe I'll have even figured out how to create such a thing myself by that point!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackD3ath

I really like this font. I have been using it since you posted it and I really enjoy looking at the phone now.

It makes me smile to think about other folks out there using this font on their G1. Thanks for the feedback and screenshots!

I'm working on two refinements of the fonts right now:

1.) I need to double check all the math and points locations for consistency of character height and stroke width, etc. The version I'm using right now has some inherited discrepancies in that regard (from resizing it several times) that cause some weird formatting issues every once in awhile. Not catastrophic, but could be better. I plan to apply these fixes to the latest versions of the font already uploaded to make it look cleaner and more consistent across the widest possible range of sizes, etc. I've also fixed some of the oddball characters with accents, umlauts, etc.

2.) I'm going back to the original logo images I can get my hands on and measuring the letter heights, widths and stroke sizes and will generate a new font based explicitly on these dimensions. The goal with this font would be to create a font that when the word "ANDROID" was presented in bold, it would look exactly like the official ANDROID logo, and all other letters would be consistent with those metrics. This will likely be a larger project and may not be all that useful on the phone for a daily driver font (so to speak).

Glad to see some folks are finding it fun/useful!

17th May 2009, 08:05 PM |#102  
Flag Murfreesboro, TN
Thanks Meter: 9

More
take the update.zip that i posted and extract the 2 folder to the desktop or whatever works for u.. then just replace the droidsans.ttf and droidsans-bold.ttf in "Your_using_Stericsons_fonts" folder with ur font. take them 2 folders and zip them up.. then sign the zip file.

shouts to Stericsons for posting the template.
17th May 2009, 11:56 PM |#103  
Flag NYC

More
excellent
Quote:
Originally Posted by anddep

take the update.zip that i posted and extract the 2 folder to the desktop or whatever works for u.. then just replace the droidsans.ttf and droidsans-bold.ttf in "Your_using_Stericsons_fonts" folder with ur font. take them 2 folders and zip them up.. then sign the zip file.

shouts to Stericsons for posting the template.

That work great, thanks! And thanks also to Stericson of course! I'll add it to my first post.
19th May 2009, 06:49 AM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
love this font man!

thanks.

installed
19th May 2009, 06:58 AM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
love this font man!

thanks.

installed
19th May 2009, 10:55 AM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
very nubbish question... in recovery mode, whenever I press Alt + X nothing happens.. is there something i'm missing? To get to recovery mode it's Home + Power button, right?

Thanks in advance.
19th May 2009, 11:07 AM |#107  
Flag NYC

More
are you using the JF modified recovery partition?
Quote:
Originally Posted by somuchsoul

very nubbish question... in recovery mode, whenever I press Alt + X nothing happens.. is there something i'm missing? To get to recovery mode it's Home + Power button, right?

This does require a rooted phone with a modified recovery partition, but then, yes: Home + Power then Alt-X (for recovery terminal).
19th May 2009, 11:32 AM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
TY for your quick reply! I have JF1.5. Shouldn't that mean I have a modified recovery image? I'm pretty sure I went through the process when I was installing JF1.5. Is there anything I can do without going through the whole process of downgrading and then upgrading again?
19th May 2009, 08:14 PM |#109  
Flag Murfreesboro, TN

More
yea i dont have the Alt-x too
19th May 2009, 08:15 PM |#110  
Flag NYC

More
a couple ideas
Quote:
Originally Posted by somuchsoul

TY for your quick reply! I have JF1.5. Shouldn't that mean I have a modified recovery image? I'm pretty sure I went through the process when I was installing JF1.5. Is there anything I can do without going through the whole process of downgrading and then upgrading again?

If you're using JF or any of the hacked builds you should have the JF recovery image UNLESS you flashed the official HTC ADP ROM at some point, which writes over the recovery partition. You can always restore the JF image with Nandroid however if you have a restore point saved. Just flash the recovery.img just like you would system, data and boot. When you boot into recovery mode you should get the scrolling sideways text and then the JF Recovery info, are you getting that or an exclamation icon with a phone lying down (the HTC recovery screen)?

If you can't get to console from recovery (and that would worry me more than loading a font frankly! ), then you can always run the same commands from Terminal Emulator. I do this all the time, but I have to use DroidSans Tools to remount the system as read/write first because I can never get the SU mount instructions to take through terminal alone (if anyone has a recommendation about that I'm all ears). You also have to reboot after copying the files over to /system/fonts before the new fonts will show up. Make sure to save the original fonts somewhere (or download Stericsons original fonts update.zip) so you can go back whenever you want.
19th May 2009, 08:27 PM |#111  
Flag Murfreesboro, TN

More
someone posted this font in this thread somewhere in the front, i really liked it so i made an update.zip
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	device.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	186789   Click image for larger version

Name:	device2.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	186790   Click image for larger version

Name:	device3.png
Views:	468