G1 FONTS! Post them here!!!!

44 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By thulinhlun, Member on 22nd February 2009, 08:00 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st October 2010, 06:23 PM |#181  

More
I don't mean to bring back old topics, but I wanted to post a thank you to the OP for posting this. I have been looking for this everywhere! (BTW guys, you can instal the font to your computer too if you want it in your regular font library- not just for your phone.) Thanks again!

3rd November 2010, 12:19 AM |#182  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Maybe you should take a look at here >>
27th November 2010, 09:57 PM |#183  
\dev\null -yu
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ei8htohms

Although plenty of folks simply load a single font file renamed as both DroidSans and DroidSans-Bold, I noticed that doing so basically disables the bold functionality on the phone, so I prefer loading both the regular and bold versions so that text will format appropriately, especially where the contrast is intended for emphasis.

Thanks ei8htohms for these...I wanted to make myself a logo with Android logo fonts but couldn't find them...but now I can do that

One thing I didn't like though. Both fonts are marked as Regular and they're in conflict when imported into Mac OS X. One has to be shut down. Could you mark the bold one as bold?

As you can see here at the screenshot, the bold one is also reporting to the system as the Regular.

2nd January 2011, 07:00 AM |#184  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 418

Donate to Me
More
that is sweet...was looking for it...all over google...but where else than xda...
15th January 2011, 11:13 PM |#185  

More
Talking Thanks, perfect!
Thanks man! It's perfect! Great job!
9th February 2011, 12:26 PM |#186  

More
Thanx Man...Great Work...
2nd March 2011, 05:00 AM |#187  

More
I have a droid incredible and i wanted to hace this font on my phone i find it really cool. i downloaed the filed to my phone but im not sure how to install it. i need some help.
12th March 2011, 06:07 PM |#188  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 36

More
(hopefully) fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by -V-O-Y-A-G-E-R-

One thing I didn't like though. Both fonts are marked as Regular and they're in conflict when imported into Mac OS X. One has to be shut down. Could you mark the bold one as bold?

As you can see here at the screenshot, the bold one is also reporting to the system as the Regular.

I believe this is fixed in the latest version I uploaded. Check it out and let me know if it still doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishyman31

I have a droid incredible and i wanted to hace this font on my phone i find it really cool. i downloaed the filed to my phone but im not sure how to install it. i need some help.

There are a lot of tutorials around on how to change the font on a rooted Android phone with ADB or terminal, but you could also try this:

http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...ndroid-device/
12th March 2011, 07:25 PM |#189  
\dev\null -yu

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ei8htohms

I believe this is fixed in the latest version I uploaded. Check it out and let me know if it still doesn't work.

Unfortunately it still reports bold file/file as Regular, although they are obviously different. I had to turn one (bold) off.

12th March 2011, 08:02 PM |#190  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 36

More
ok, one more try
Quote:
Originally Posted by -V-O-Y-A-G-E-R-

Unfortunately it still reports bold file/file as Regular, although they are obviously different. I had to turn one (bold) off.

I'm no FontForge expert (obviously), but I've tried a couple of additional settings tweaks that might make it show up correctly in the latest version I just uploaded (the same file name). Fingers crossed.
12th March 2011, 08:16 PM |#191  
\dev\null -yu

More
Now I imported both fonts (previously I imp only Bold) and noticed that the regular is labeled as Plain, and Bold as regular, which could solve the issue, but also fonts have two different names, bold/regular one is called Droid and the plain one is called DroidLogo.
Could they share the same name please?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)