FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][SVC][Apr 4 2010]ReRemind V7 / Periodic audible reminders for waiting events

894 posts
Thanks Meter: 60

By thx1200, Inactive Recognized Developer on 27th March 2009, 05:44 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th March 2010, 02:29 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thank you. Great app.
I kindly ask you to renew the icon of ReRemindConfig.exe.
Also, please replace folder tree icons with the folder icons from WM 6.5.
Thank you.
Quinn

4th April 2010, 10:10 PM |#102  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Raleigh, North Carolina

More
V7 Released
- Added new notification: "Unread MMS" <- Default is enabled, so be sure to go into Config if you don't want this.
- Config now supports sound and vibration preview (see the "menu" button).
- Added hack to work around bug in Windows Phone 6.5 regarding the lack of an audible notification for "all day" appointments with a reminder set. Limitations: Only WAV files are supported (use the standard Sounds and Notifications setting to set it), AutoSnooze will not work (the replay of the notification two minutes after the first notification), and Windows Mobile 6.1 is not supported (has the bug too, but due to differences in the way the notification system sets values in the registry, my fix will only work for 6.5). See http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=469186
6th April 2010, 11:05 AM |#103  

More
Thank you for update.
I kindly ask you to update the config icon and to split the settings on 2 pages, in order to eliminate the scrollbar.
Thank you.
Quinn
8th April 2010, 08:07 PM |#104  

More
Battery
I've installed this wonderful apps, but since then my battery drains very quickly.....
17th April 2010, 08:06 PM |#105  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreatozzi

I've installed this wonderful apps, but since then my battery drains very quickly.....

It's probably not ReRemind unless you have a waiting reminder and set it to something like chime every minute (which would cause your device to wake up every minute).
6th May 2010, 09:18 AM |#106  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreatozzi

Same Problem here on HTC HD2 with Artemis ROM v10. Battery drains to 50% within 12 hours :(
5th June 2010, 03:09 AM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakepit

Same Problem here on HTC HD2 with Artemis ROM v10. Battery drains to 50% within 12 hours :(

almost sam batt drain here.
my asia HD2 with merlion rom, tested OFF/ON service of reremind V7,
in standbyMode(off)
using battclock logs, it shows every 1.5min, will drain basic + extra >80mA of juice.

uninstalling/off service, the batt drain log display basic drain .
5th June 2010, 06:22 PM |#108  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qazokm123

almost sam batt drain here.
my asia HD2 with merlion rom, tested OFF/ON service of reremind V7,
in standbyMode(off)
using battclock logs, it shows every 1.5min, will drain basic + extra >80mA of juice.

uninstalling/off service, the batt drain log display basic drain .

Unless you have an app that's flipping the registry values that reremind monitors constantly (in other words, keeps ReRemind actively taking action on values that are changing constantly), then there is no explanation for that type of drain. Something might be wrong with your device/ROM.

To test this theory, install ReRemind and then deactivate all monitors (uncheck them all). This will pretty much just start the reremind service, but the triggers for the monitored registry values won't fire.

EDIT: I should point out that any battery test can be tainted by other factors. Make sure all today screen plugins are off, all other third party services are stopped, there are no reminders that will fire during the test period, activesync push is off and schedule is disabled, and the cellular radio is off during test. In addition, you should do several tests (maybe three) with AND without the problem application (whether its reremind or not) as battery level testing is subject to SO many variables.
6th June 2010, 02:03 AM |#109  

More
Thanks.
It could be the custom Rom, the HD2 is using, is not suitable.
I have suspected/uninstall/reinstall/tested multiple other apps that is drain the batt for last 2 months. Till 2 days ago, uninstalling reremind, prevents the batt drain.

Will try the test changing notifications type in reremind.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx1200

Unless you have an app that's flipping the registry values that reremind monitors constantly (in other words, keeps ReRemind actively taking action on values that are changing constantly), then there is no explanation for that type of drain. Something might be wrong with your device/ROM.

To test this theory, install ReRemind and then deactivate all monitors (uncheck them all). This will pretty much just start the reremind service, but the triggers for the monitored registry values won't fire.

EDIT: I should point out that any battery test can be tainted by other factors. Make sure all today screen plugins are off, all other third party services are stopped, there are no reminders that will fire during the test period, activesync push is off and schedule is disabled, and the cellular radio is off during test. In addition, you should do several tests (maybe three) with AND without the problem application (whether its reremind or not) as battery level testing is subject to SO many variables.

6th June 2010, 02:46 AM |#110  

More
Using HD2 Merlion 1.8 Rom:
Test again, reinstall,

(a)
untick all sms mms email calls reminder ....
tick "wake on notify", tick "do not notify during", "notify limit = 0"

The every 1.5 min, extra batt drain still exists.

(b)
untick all any other options :: "wake on notify", "do not notify during", change notify limit to "1"

(c) uninstall reremind

The batt drain is left with basic, the extra drain per 1.5 min does not appear.

==> HD2 Merlion Rom is not compatible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx1200

6th June 2010, 06:30 AM |#111  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qazokm123

Using HD2 Merlion 1.8 Rom:
Test again, reinstall,

(a)
tick "wake on notify", tick "do not notify during", "notify limit = 0"

(b)
untick all any other options :: "wake on notify", "do not notify during", change notify limit to "1"

(c) uninstall reremind

The batt drain is left with basic, the extra drain per 1.5 min does not appear.

==> HD2 Merlion Rom is not compatible.

I can't explain it. That's quite bizarre. The application literally doesn't do anything in the (b) case you describe. It starts up, but then will be completely idle. Yes, I think its safe to say it's not compatible with that ROM. lol.

EDIT: Maybe that's just the overhead of running a service. How much less time does the 1.5 factor equal in terms of battery life? I mean is it like 5 hours versus 10 hours, or more like 9.8 hours instead of 10 hours?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
notify, remind, reminder, reremind

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)