FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[APP][SVC][Apr 4 2010]ReRemind V7 / Periodic audible reminders for waiting events

894 posts
Thanks Meter: 61

By thx1200, Inactive Recognized Developer on 27th March 2009, 06:44 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st December 2010, 06:06 PM |#131  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Raleigh, North Carolina

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavis69

Hi,

LOVE this program. I find it outrageous that MS left something so critical as a reminder of a missed call, text, voice mail, etc. out of Windows mobile. I have an HTC TP2 and ran into an apparent "bug" in the text messaging where it kept telling me there was 1 unread text message even though there was not. I actually deleted every single text msg from my phone (there were some I really wanted to keep but I was desperate) which did nothing more than make it show me "0 messages, 1 unread", not sure how that's possible but that's what it said. I found the reg key for SMS msg count and set it from 1 to 0 which worked fine until I received a new text message at which time the counts went to 1 message, 2 unread. ;-\ So I found this nifty little program called "fixunreadcount.exe" which did in fact remove the "phantom" unread message. However, ReRemind apparently still thinks it's there as it plays my ReRemind tone and vibrates every 10 minutes per the ReRemind settings even though there is no event or new message. Please help, what is triggering this false alert in ReRemind now and how do I make it stop? I removed ReRemind which of course made it stop but I really NEED ReRemind for the same reasons you no doubt wrote it. When I reinstall ReRemind, it immediately starts reminding me of this unread message that does not exist. What do I need to do to make ReRemind stop reminding me of this non-existent message? Thank you so much for any advice you can lend.

UPDATE: Found it. It was actually some "phantom" MMS messages. In the reg. HKCU\System\State\Messages\MMS\Unread\Count said 7 when there were none. Set that value to 0 and all's well. Even sent a couple of test MMS messages and deleted them to make sure that didn't somehow change back on me like the ...\sms\Unread\Count one did prior to running "fixunreadcount.exe" and it now always accurately reflects the number of unread MMS messages as expected and ReRemind only lets me know when there are any unread, as expected. Woo hoo... Thanks again for an awesome though unfortunately needed app.

Regards,
Brett

Good find. I honestly wasn't sure what it could be, but your update makes sense. I always forget about MMS. :)

4th January 2011, 10:42 AM |#132  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thx1200

I don't have any plans to work on this project any more. I'm getting close to ending the Windows Mobile chapter of my life (bitter/sweet) and migrate to Android.

I would do, too, if "offline sync" with Outlook (or any other PIM and not via any internet service) would work ...

Maybe - if you still have your WM device in use - you could even have a look at my thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=899437

Thanks for your reply!

Michael
5th January 2011, 08:04 PM |#133  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Raleigh, North Carolina

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guebert

I would do, too, if "offline sync" with Outlook (or any other PIM and not via any internet service) would work ...

Maybe - if you still have your WM device in use - you could even have a look at my thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=899437

Thanks for your reply!

Michael

USB Outlook sync for Android? There's an app for that. I found this really quick with teh google, but I'm sure there are other solutions if you dig deeper. Maybe even free ones. But for 10gbp, that's not a bad price considering how cheap Android phones go for these days. :) http://www.waveglobal.net/index.php/products.html

I checked out your post. Interesting problem. I can confirm that on my phone, two appointments at the exact same time still DO make the reminder sound. I'm running 6.5 RTM and not 6.5.3 or whatever it's called (with the fancier bottom buttons).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
notify, remind, reminder, reremind

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)