FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][SVC][Apr 4 2010]ReRemind V7 / Periodic audible reminders for waiting events

894 posts
Thanks Meter: 60

By thx1200, Inactive Recognized Developer on 27th March 2009, 05:44 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th April 2009, 08:59 PM |#21  
Moderator Emeritus
Flag XDA Server Likes: The Art of War Hates: Cowards
Thanks Meter: 520

Donate to Me
More
Thank you, testing could please have reminder time out in minutes

19th April 2009, 11:33 PM |#22  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Raleigh, North Carolina

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpunk627

such a great app and no feedbacks yet?? °_° very weird...

btw, this proggy is really attractive, especially the power-saving feature which avoid battery-consuming ping on notifications queue... wow great!!
there's only one thing left that is preventing me from trying this app, nad elect it as my favourite one: why can't I set a different sound for each different event?? should be easy (Ithink) to implement....?

apart from this point, wow you're great!!! if it's really so unique thanks to the ping and battery-saving option, you're the man!! I'll worship you forever!!

cheers

Different sounds is planned in the future. I've been busy with other apps, but will get back to this soon. :) Basically, i'll have a sound for each event, plus another sound if more than one event is active at a time.
19th April 2009, 11:34 PM |#23  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylez

Thank you, testing could please have reminder time out in minutes

I am assuming by "time out" you mean that you want it to cease notifying you after a while? If so, that is planned in the future. Thanks for trying it out!
20th April 2009, 12:24 AM |#24  
Moderator Emeritus

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thx1200

I am assuming by "time out" you mean that you want it to cease notifying you after a while? If so, that is planned in the future. Thanks for trying it out!

That's the one
Just to say works a treat, was using BestReminder on SP but for some reason never worked properly on PPC for me "thought it may be m2d related but gave up".
Look forward to future releases & thankyou
20th April 2009, 09:32 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
:)
Beautiful work. A service. Neat. thanx thx
21st April 2009, 01:49 PM |#26  
Flag Las Palmas
Thanks Meter: 138

More
OMG! Did you know how many reminders I try before that? About eleven! No one work for my Omnia. But this small big app work nice take in mind that the next month I'll do a donation for you (I'm student don't spect so much).

Thank you very much! And sorry for my bad english
21st April 2009, 06:44 PM |#27  
Flag Las Palmas
Thanks Meter: 138

More
One more thing.. if you need a spanish translation, I can do it for you
24th April 2009, 02:42 PM |#28  
Moderator Emeritus

Donate to Me
More
I found one problem and this will only effect Kaiser users, to be able to use the camera to the best of abilities we have to 1. launch camera 2. Sleep. 3. wait 5 secs 4. power otherwise we have a very slow fps to which the camera is blury in low light situations.
Last night tryed for first time to use camera since install software and found on boot the screen would flicker producing light and not allowing the tweak mentioned so went through the whole hard-reset and installed everything one by one "usually use SASHIMI" anyway cut a long story short with your prog it does above, then soon as removed fine even without a soft-reset, not sure if this is due to it being a service or?
Just thought i'd let you know as really like the software just a bit of a mission to uninstall everytime i want to use camera in low light, i know it will be hard to solve this especially as not going to effect othe users as device specific.
I will continue to use and will have to work out a way of quick removal, unless you have a better idea.
25th April 2009, 12:59 AM |#29  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylez

I found one problem and this will only effect Kaiser users, to be able to use the camera to the best of abilities we have to 1. launch camera 2. Sleep. 3. wait 5 secs 4. power otherwise we have a very slow fps to which the camera is blury in low light situations.
Last night tryed for first time to use camera since install software and found on boot the screen would flicker producing light and not allowing the tweak mentioned so went through the whole hard-reset and installed everything one by one "usually use SASHIMI" anyway cut a long story short with your prog it does above, then soon as removed fine even without a soft-reset, not sure if this is due to it being a service or?
Just thought i'd let you know as really like the software just a bit of a mission to uninstall everytime i want to use camera in low light, i know it will be hard to solve this especially as not going to effect othe users as device specific.
I will continue to use and will have to work out a way of quick removal, unless you have a better idea.

That's a very peculiar conflict. To be honest, I have no idea how ReRemind would affect that. All it does it create some callbacks for registry changes and a notification event (like dozens of other built-in apps/services do) and wait for a change. It's 100% idle due to WM blocking the thread while it waits for the event. And the callbacks don't execute until the OS directly calls them.

I don't doubt it's causing the problem, I just can't understand why or how it would. Good luck figuring it out.

You might want to try using the shortcuts included with the app to start and stop the service (in the program files folder) since uninstalling and reinstalling is a pain.

Maybe you can create a script (using like MortScript or something) that you use to stop ReRemind, launch the camera, then when the camera quits, start ReRemind.
25th April 2009, 11:56 AM |#30  
Moderator Emeritus

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thx1200

That's a very peculiar conflict. To be honest, I have no idea how ReRemind would affect that. All it does it create some callbacks for registry changes and a notification event (like dozens of other built-in apps/services do) and wait for a change. It's 100% idle due to WM blocking the thread while it waits for the event. And the callbacks don't execute until the OS directly calls them.

I don't doubt it's causing the problem, I just can't understand why or how it would. Good luck figuring it out.

You might want to try using the shortcuts included with the app to start and stop the service (in the program files folder) since uninstalling and reinstalling is a pain.

Maybe you can create a script (using like MortScript or something) that you use to stop ReRemind, launch the camera, then when the camera quits, start ReRemind.

Thanks for getting back to me and morts a very good idea that slipped my mind, will have to ask some other users regards mort Hadn't thought about just disabling lol
Thanks again for great app like u said, it's peculiar.
If wasn't for HTC neglecting "not sure correct word to use?" Kaiser users wouldn't be an issue.

Update: Got it tweaked by Bupahs

Needs Mort Script installed to work:
The .mscr relies on ReRemind being installed to Device Memory
The Camera folder goes in \Program Files
The Camera App.dll goes in Windows "Provides the shortcut with Icon"
The Camera App.lnk wherever wanted in Windows\Program Files
I mapped the shortcut to HButton then Mapped to AEButton for Camera "Could just use Settings\Buttons"
Have attached files for other Kaiser users.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Kaiser Files.zip - [Click for QR Code] (15.4 KB, 11 views)
12th May 2009, 07:57 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
How about a short doc?
Hallo!

First of all, many thanks for this great tool!

I would like to know, what the settings

* Notify while device ia awake

* Wake device before playing sound

mean.

Thx.

Michael
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
notify, remind, reminder, reremind

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)