[APP][Android 2.1+]CPU Usage, Frequency & Memory Monitor (Quad Core Support) V3.1.4

Search This thread

optic76

Jul 4, 2010
Austin
[APP][Android 2.1+]CPU Usage, Frequency & Memory Monitor (Quad Core Support) V3.1.4

CPU Usage Monitor that displays usage details within your phones statusbar. Great to monitor your CPU Usage, CPU Frequency & System Memory with one simple look. Simple to use User Interface allows you to manage your usage notifications fast & easy.

Features Include

* Single Core, Dual Core (NVIDIA Tegra 2), & Quad Core (NVIDIA Tegra 3) support

* Qualcomm Snapdragon(TM) S4 Pro support

* Statusbar notification for CPU Usage

* Statusbar notification for CPU Frequency Usage

* Statusbar notification for Memory Usage

* Multiple Statusbar notification colors
* White
* Red
* Green
* Blue
* Multi

* Task Killer feature. Allows you to stop running Apps

main-ui.png

notifications.png

cpu-color.png

Questions or comments? See our Google + Page https://plus.google.com/u/0/111342139057477624765

Last edited:

Kelvino9

Sep 16, 2006
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
OnePlus 8T
Does the free app support Dual Cores ?
It doesn't show anything like No. of Cores on My Optimus 2X.
According to the market description it says it does support dual core devices.

The paid version definitely supports dual cores as I use it on my LG O2X and nicely shows two graphs for each core.

I just can't activate CPU Frequency on the O2X with CM7 #81 + vorkKernel. It works fine on my N1 with MIUI 1.7.15.

Last edited:

optic76

Jul 4, 2010
Austin
Thank you to everyone for your support! I really appreciate it :)

The free version supports dual cores but doesn't display any core information as you have said. Only the paid version supports core details, different statusbar notification colors, and CPU frequency (on supported devices). Hope this helps.
Does the free app support Dual Cores ?
It doesn't show anything like No. of Cores on My Optimus 2X.

psouza4

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 26, 2009
Meridian, ID
www.PeterSouza.com
Bought the paid version, but is only detecting 1 core on my Droid 3.

Will you be providing support for this phone? (TI OMAP 4430 CPU)

EDIT: nevermind -- it's working as intended when the second core kicks in. Missed that disclaimer before somehow. Thanks for the app!

Thracks

May 9, 2010
Austin
CPU frequency reporting does not seem to work on OMAP3, or the Nook Color+CM7 at the very least. I was disappointed to find this out, and returned the app. :(

Reactions: Kelvino9

optic76

Jul 4, 2010
Austin
Thanks for the feedback. I've added your request to my notes and will try to get this implemented in a future release.
Nice, It would help to show the % of CPU use in the activity too. (per core, and total)

I'm sorry to hear this but its something that is out of my control. Some devices just don't allow for reading that data. :(
CPU frequency reporting does not seem to work on OMAP3, or the Nook Color+CM7 at the very least. I was disappointed to find this out, and returned the app. :(

i900frenchaddict

Mar 26, 2009
Dijon
www.fpsece.net
I bought the paid version, but I have a question:

****** NOTE ******
HTC Sensation Owners
There is a device limitation with reading the CPU Frequency. I am looking into a workaround for this problem.
****** NOTE ******

I have a Sensation, what do you mean exactly here? that the frequency displayed is wrong? Or that it reads the fre for only one of the two cores?

And my most important question : despite what is above, can I trust the app when it shows only one core running or two cores running? I mean, can I trust it to see when the second core starts running?
That's what matters for me, with this asynchrone dual core, the possibility to know when the second core starts running
(and if you tell me "yes", I will be disappointed by the Sensation, your app shows the second core easily starts running, when I was sure it was not and thus explaining the poor benchmarks of the Sensation)

Kelvino9

Sep 16, 2006
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
OnePlus 8T
...And my most important question : despite what is above, can I trust the app when it shows only one core running or two cores running? I mean, can I trust it to see when the second core starts running?
That's what matters for me, with this asynchrone dual core, the possibility to know when the second core starts running
(and if you tell me "yes", I will be disappointed by the Sensation, your app shows the second core easily starts running, when I was sure it was not and thus explaining the poor benchmarks of the Sensation)
A single core will only run if it is needed, for example when you have two separate programs running. a single app that has not been optimized for using both cores of a dual core cpu will always just use one core just like on a single core phone.

It's the same as on PCs. If there is no optimization to use all cores it will just use one. Dual core doesn't mean that a single process will automatically be split into two separate processes for each core. Your Sensation being slow can have dozen different reasons.

Kelvino9

Sep 16, 2006
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
OnePlus 8T
But the OS itself is multi-core aware and it does run multiple processes simultaneously -- are you saying that they'll all run on the same core even when that core is taxed?
No, I was trying to say that a single process won't be split into separate processes for each core if it is not optimized for multi threading. That's what I know.
As you said multiple processes will surely use all the CPU's power, meaning both cores.

i900frenchaddict

Mar 26, 2009
Dijon
www.fpsece.net
A single core will only run if it is needed, for example when you have two separate programs running. a single app that has not been optimized for using both cores of a dual core cpu will always just use one core just like on a single core phone.

It's the same as on PCs. If there is no optimization to use all cores it will just use one. Dual core doesn't mean that a single process will automatically be split into two separate processes for each core. Your Sensation being slow can have dozen different reasons.

Not exact: there are two kinds of dual core on Android smartphones:
=> Tegra 2 platform: the 2 cores always run simultaneously, at the same speed.
=>Qualcomm platform: this one is asynchrone and works as you said, only one may work, cores can work at different speed, etc

Android 2.3 is not supposed to handle Qualcomm asynchrone dual core, so that's why I want to know if this app can be trusted concerning the usage of asynchrone dual cores.....

Kelvino9

Sep 16, 2006
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
OnePlus 8T
Not exact: there are two kinds of dual core on Android smartphones:
=>Qualcomm platform: this one is asynchrone and works as you said, only one may work, cores can work at different speed, etc

Android 2.3 is not supposed to handle Qualcomm asynchrone dual core, so that's why I want to know if this app can be trusted concerning the usage of asynchrone dual cores.....
Okay, thanks for clarifying, good to have learned something new :)

mobilkungen78

Mar 22, 2009
Unknown
It would be great if you could add a memory meter..So we could see how much memory is left and used by the system

But other than that he app is superb keep up the good work;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

CPU Usage Monitor that displays usage details within your phones statusbar. Great to monitor your CPU Usage, CPU Frequency & System Memory with one simple look. Simple to use User Interface allows you to manage your usage notifications fast & easy.

Features Include

* Single Core, Dual Core (NVIDIA Tegra 2), & Quad Core (NVIDIA Tegra 3) support

* Qualcomm Snapdragon(TM) S4 Pro support

* Statusbar notification for CPU Usage

* Statusbar notification for CPU Frequency Usage

* Statusbar notification for Memory Usage

* Multiple Statusbar notification colors
    * White
    * Red
    * Green
    * Blue
    * Multi

* Task Killer feature. Allows you to stop running Apps

main-ui.png

notifications.png

cpu-color.png

Questions or comments? See our Google + Page https://plus.google.com/u/0/111342139057477624765
    The CPU usage information is abstracted in both cases at the App level. Apps just need to read the standard CPU usage information at the OS level to gather its data. Control of when and how the dual core magic works is not a worry at the app level since the OS handels it. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info and support!
    I added your request to my dev notes. :)
    It would be great if you could add a memory meter..So we could see how much memory is left and used by the system

But other than that he app is superb keep up the good work;)
    Just wanted to drop a note to let you guys know I just uploaded version 2.2.0 to Market. This version contains some bug fixes and also the ability to view CPU & Memory usage in

TEXT

within the statusbar! :)

This new feature supports two colors currently; white and black.

Please let me know what you think/

Thanks!
    Johnny

screenshot-config-text.png