zyonee

Nov 13, 2009
Stockholm
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 8 Pro
Download & flash again, it now shows 5.0.2.6

The interface still shows 5.0.2.3.

Weirdness. I'll have to look at it...

Edit: Exactly where do you see the different versions? ROM Manager will probably show an older version. I've looked through the source code and can only find 5.0.2.6. If you're seeing an older version, then it either didn't flash properly or something was wrong when I compiled that version. You can test if it's 5.0.2.6. Go to the Advanced menu, click "Partition SD card". If you get asked which file system (ext2/ext3/ext4), you have the 5.0.2.6. ;)

Last edited:

caocongcy

Dec 22, 2008
Hangzhou
First of all, this is not my work. I only compiled it.

This is the usual ClockworkMod recovery, compiled from the CM7 sources with additions/modifications by j_r0dd. What I've done is only to compile it for the HTC Desire.

The credits go to Koush for the recovery itself and to j_r0dd for the modifications.

Original Nexus S thread with changelog here.

Download:
recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.6.111007-j_r0dd_mod-bravo.zip
(old) Desire_recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.3.110925-j_r0dd_mod.zip

Change log:

07-Oct-2011 (v5.0.2.6):
  • Rearranged wipe menu to avoid accidental factory wipes
  • Added "Reboot Bootloader"
  • Moved SD Card partitioning into a function of its own for both int/ext SD card
  • Merged 5.0.2.6 sources from CM7 repo
  • Added a menu choice of ext2/ext3/ext4 when partitioning SD card
25-Sep-2011 (v5.0.2.3):
  • Updated to j_r0dd's 5.0.2.3 version. Currently no changes made by myself.
17-Jun-2011 (v4.0.0.5):
  • Moved the "Wipe data/factory reset" to the bottom of the wipe menu to reduce the risk of accidental factory wipes.
19-Jun-2011 (v4.0.0.5):
  • Added "Reboot bootloader" option in advanced menu.
  • Added the ext4 modifications kindly supplied by roalex. Needs testing. Please make a proper nandroid backup with a proven working recovery version before trying this.
20-Jun-2011 (v4.0.0.5):
  • Added "Show log" in the advanced menu. This can help when reporting errors here. Use it. :)
21-Jun-2011 (v4.0.0.5.z110621):
  • Reverted and correctly added roalex's ext4 additions.
  • Modified recovery.fstab for ext4 support on some devices.
23-Jun-2011 (v4.0.0.5.z110623):
  • Removed NULL ext3 in recovery.fstab to hopefully get ext4 working properly.
06-Jul-2011 (v4.0.0.5.z110706):
  • Added "Advanced backup". Now you can backup/restore individual partitions.
  • Some other commits from other devs in github
  • Changed file limit from 10000 to 50000 in unyaffs. Should help when restoring large data partitions fails.
17-Jul-2011 (v4.0.1.0.110717):
  • Rebased completely on j_r0dd's 4.0.1.0 source and removed roalex's ext4 additions, as it wasn't working for everyone. Now trying with the original ext4 support which is included in CWM.
20-Jul-2011 (v4.0.1.4.110720):
  • Bug fixes

Disclaimer
These recoveries are compiled using the latest commits from koush, j_r0dd and others. That means they haven't been thoroughly tested and might have minor/major issues. I take no responsibility for any damages this thing might cause, but most things should work as intended. If you want something guaranteed to work, I think you should stick with one of the older versions.

Source code available here.
i can‘t download it. can you sent the newest one to my email: caocong_zero@qq.com?
thx

yjagota

Feb 17, 2010
Hello Guys,

I am having a problem while backing up. This error is shown after the backup completes:
Error while making a backup image of /sd-ext!

The error occurs after the sd-ext backup progressbar completes. The data seems to get copied too as a file named sd-ext.ext4.tar is also created in the backup.

This is happening everytime I try to take a backup. I am using version 5.0.2.0, Cyanogen 7.1 and Darktremor A2SD. And almost after every try, one or more of my applications which are installed in sd-ext go missing. Also, I tried 4Ext Recovery but the same error occurs in that too.

How can I check my card for errors and fix them?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

EDIT:
The last time I tried to take the backup (to find the exact error to post here) 2 more of my applications went missing. The strange thing is, one got installed, but the second one is showing "Install" button, but when trying to install, tells me that "Application already exists".

2nd EDIT:
I fixed the issue by using adb and e2fsck command. Found a lot of errors in my sd-ext partition. After running e2fsck, the backup is getting done perfectly fine.

Last edited:

zyonee

Nov 13, 2009
Stockholm
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hello Guys,

I am having a problem while backing up. This error is shown after the backup completes:
Error while making a backup image of /sd-ext!

The error occurs after the sd-ext backup progressbar completes. The data seems to get copied too as a file named sd-ext.ext4.tar is also created in the backup.

This is happening everytime I try to take a backup. I am using version 5.0.2.0, Cyanogen 7.1 and Darktremor A2SD. And almost after every try, one or more of my applications which are installed in sd-ext go missing. Also, I tried 4Ext Recovery but the same error occurs in that too.

How can I check my card for errors and fix them?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

EDIT:
The last time I tried to take the backup (to find the exact error to post here) 2 more of my applications went missing. The strange thing is, one got installed, but the second one is showing "Install" button, but when trying to install, tells me that "Application already exists".

2nd EDIT:
I fixed the issue by using adb and e2fsck command. Found a lot of errors in my sd-ext partition. After running e2fsck, the backup is getting done perfectly fine.

That's good to know. I think others have complained about CWM not backing up their sd-ext correctly. Maybe they have the same problem as you did. Good work. :)

AdrianE46

May 27, 2010
Bucharest
I installed version 5.0.2.6 of this recovery through unrevoked while re-rooting (after i used a RUU to return to stock) and now i'm haveing a problem. It seems to work perfectly fine, got cm7.1 on it, but I can't get a2sd working on it. Every time I open the GUI app it shows that I have 1.5GB ext partition, then I check all the boxes (and it says reboot is required) and reboot. After rebooting I open the app and the boxes are still ticked and saying reboot is required, but now it displays there is no sd ext (SDEXT: --). I really need some help with this, please.

zyonee

Nov 13, 2009
Stockholm
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 8 Pro
I installed version 5.0.2.6 of this recovery through unrevoked while re-rooting (after i used a RUU to return to stock) and now i'm haveing a problem. It seems to work perfectly fine, got cm7.1 on it, but I can't get a2sd working on it. Every time I open the GUI app it shows that I have 1.5GB ext partition, then I check all the boxes (and it says reboot is required) and reboot. After rebooting I open the app and the boxes are still ticked and saying reboot is required, but now it displays there is no sd ext (SDEXT: --). I really need some help with this, please.

If the recovery created the ext partition correctly (use a partition editor and a microSD card reader on your computer to look at it), it's not an issue with the recovery itself. Maybe you created an ext4 partition while the kernel only supports ext3? Or maybe your kernel doesn't support ext partitions at all? I don't know, but that's where I'd start looking, provided that you know for sure that the recovery has in fact created a working ext2/3/4 partition.

Reactions: Tseng17

AdrianE46

May 27, 2010
Bucharest
The sdext partition on the sd card was made with amonra recovery and is ext4 i believe. I've used it flawlessly for months and now I went back to stock for warranty reasons and now that I re-rooted I just used the same sd card with it's old partitions intact. So I dont think it's the partition itself to blame.

AdrianE46

May 27, 2010
Bucharest
Tried using some AOSP kernels together with CM7.1 and still nothing. Sometimes after i select all the boxes in S2E and reboot it gets stuck on HTC boot logo.

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

Anymore input would be appreciated. Please. :))

zyonee

Nov 13, 2009
Stockholm
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 8 Pro
Tried using some AOSP kernels together with CM7.1 and still nothing. Sometimes after i select all the boxes in S2E and reboot it gets stuck on HTC boot logo.

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

Anymore input would be appreciated. Please. :))

Maybe the order of the partitions are the cause? Just a guess.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

AdrianE46

May 27, 2010
Bucharest
This exact setup worked flawlessly before. Only thing that changed this time was the recovery. Now, the RUU i used previously to return to stock won't work. Wth? :)

Klewe

Jan 3, 2011
Had this problems with this mod:
- SD-EXT seems to not be copied properly in a nandroid
- Problems with writing SD-EXT when installing new Rom (the progress bar stuck on SD-EXT)
- Progress bar stuck at SD-EXT on restoring nandroid

Don't know if I'm the only one, but flashed back to 5.0.2.0 and everything is fine again!

Please check.

My Desire:
- Amoled
- S-OFF mit Alpharev CM7 r2
- HBoot 0.93.1000

Get back to me if you need to know something else! Always ready to help!

zyonee

Nov 13, 2009
Stockholm
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 8 Pro
Had this problems with this mod:
- SD-EXT seems to not be copied properly in a nandroid
- Problems with writing SD-EXT when installing new Rom (the progress bar stuck on SD-EXT)
- Progress bar stuck at SD-EXT on restoring nandroid

Don't know if I'm the only one, but flashed back to 5.0.2.0 and everything is fine again!

Please check.

My Desire:
- Amoled
- S-OFF mit Alpharev CM7 r2
- HBoot 0.93.1000

Get back to me if you need to know something else! Always ready to help!

Please try this version and see if it works any better.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First of all, this is not my work. I only compiled it.

This is the usual ClockworkMod recovery, compiled from the CM7 sources with additions/modifications by j_r0dd. What I've done is only to compile it for the HTC Desire. For details, check out the link to j_r0dd's original thread for the Nexus S.

The credits go to Koush for the recovery itself and to j_r0dd for the modifications.

j_r0dd said:
    This is based on the latest CM7 source which I modified for myself. I take no credit for the recovery whatsoever, but I will take all the blame for my mods . We all know this is Koush's hard work. Just some things were driving me crazy personally. First was the confirmation menu. I really got sick of scrolling through all those "No"s just to flash something, so i changed it for me personally and just thought I would share. I also created a proper wipe menu. I got sick of some wipes in the main menu and the rest in the "advanced" menu. I made this more Amon_RA like. See the attached screenshot for my changes. That change has led to a few others by me. flash with fastboot or flash_image. THESE ARE NOT IN ROM MANAGER. Also if you have an issue with this take it up with me NOT Koush.

Original Nexus S thread with changelog here.

Download:
    recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.7.111102-j_r0dd_mod-bravo.zip
    (old) recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.7.111027-j_r0dd_mod-bravo.zip

Change log:

02-Nov-2011 (v5.0.2.7):
    • Merged 5.0.2.7 sources from CM7 repo again (some bugfixes)
    • Added option to wipe cache partition and dalvik cache at the same time
    27-Oct-2011 (v5.0.2.7):
    • Merged 5.0.2.7 sources from CM7 repo (support for internal/external sdcard in backup/restore)
    07-Oct-2011 (v5.0.2.6):
    • Rearranged wipe menu to avoid accidental factory wipes
    • Added "Reboot Bootloader"
    • Moved SD Card partitioning into a function of its own for both int/ext SD card
    • Merged 5.0.2.6 sources from CM7 repo
    • Added a menu choice of ext2/ext3/ext4 when partitioning SD card
    25-Sep-2011 (v5.0.2.3):
    • Updated to j_r0dd's 5.0.2.3 version. Currently no changes made by myself.
    17-Jun-2011 (v4.0.0.5):
    • Moved the "Wipe data/factory reset" to the bottom of the wipe menu to reduce the risk of accidental factory wipes.
    19-Jun-2011 (v4.0.0.5):
    • Added "Reboot bootloader" option in advanced menu.
    • Added the ext4 modifications kindly supplied by roalex. Needs testing. Please make a proper nandroid backup with a proven working recovery version before trying this.
    20-Jun-2011 (v4.0.0.5):
    • Added "Show log" in the advanced menu. This can help when reporting errors here. Use it. :)
    21-Jun-2011 (v4.0.0.5.z110621):
    • Reverted and correctly added roalex's ext4 additions.
    • Modified recovery.fstab for ext4 support on some devices.
    23-Jun-2011 (v4.0.0.5.z110623):
    • Removed NULL ext3 in recovery.fstab to hopefully get ext4 working properly.
    06-Jul-2011 (v4.0.0.5.z110706):
    • Added "Advanced backup". Now you can backup/restore individual partitions.
    • Some other commits from other devs in github
    • Changed file limit from 10000 to 50000 in unyaffs. Should help when restoring large data partitions fails.
    17-Jul-2011 (v4.0.1.0.110717):
    • Rebased completely on j_r0dd's 4.0.1.0 source and removed roalex's ext4 additions, as it wasn't working for everyone. Now trying with the original ext4 support which is included in CWM.
    20-Jul-2011 (v4.0.1.4.110720):
    • Bug fixes

Disclaimer
    These recoveries are compiled using the latest commits from koush, j_r0dd and others. That means they haven't been thoroughly tested and might have minor/major issues. I take no responsibility for any damages this thing might cause, but most things should work as intended. If you want something guaranteed to work, I think you should stick with one of the older versions.

Source code available here.
    New version (4.0.0.5.z110623) uploaded. This should hopefully get ext4 working. Please test wiping, formatting, backup and restore with ext4 partition.
    about the ext4 thingy, its true if recovery.fstab is set to ext4 it will format ext4 but its meant for devices which use internal sdcards so it will not work properly for a2sdext, after 1 reboot it will die ><

if its set to ext3 in fstab it will work fine, but on every wipe/format your sd-ext will be ext3 again :)

so i played around a bit with this sources and i managed to make it wipe/format ext4 properly.

im using this fstab:

# mount point fstype device [device2]

/boot mtd boot
    /cache yaffs2 cache
    /data yaffs2 userdata
    /recovery mtd recovery
    /sdcard vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /dev/block/mmcblk0
    /system yaffs2 system
    /sd-ext ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p2

*we really don't want MISC in there.

my changed are located here , only the last 4 commits are needed, the others simply some tryouts which i reverted.

btw the ext4 format logic i added is pretty much Cool's Alignment script :)

for the brave ppl added a build as well.
    Ok, so here goes. I'm making a new attempt. Rebased everything on j_r0dd's current 4.0.1.0, but without roalex's ext4 additions. See original post.
    anybody have a changelog for v5? cant find one anywhere!

I think it'll be avaliable on github once koush pushes the update to his repo. Until then, look for @koush and @clockworkmod on Twitter for some news.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk