Search This thread

xploited

Feb 8, 2009
beautiful. it goes from exploited's boot logo to the droid slicing apple bootanimation with sound. thanks gangsta

Glad you like it. :D

I am planning to create my own boot animation later on, that transitions from the boot logo perfectly + uses the droidized atrix font, and "atrix" boot sound in Droid's voice. :D

Last edited:

10tonhammr

Jul 25, 2010
Chicago
Here are a few boot screens I made- same design in 3 different colors. All tested and working on my Atrix. Screenshots and downloads below.

Download Tegra Blue Boot Screen

tegra_blue.png

Download Tegra Green Boot Screen

tegra_green.png

Download Tegra Red Boot Screen

tegra_red.png

Seadub2

Mar 26, 2011
Does any one know the best/easiest program to use to make a logo on a linux box. I have a another pc with windows but its old and I prefer not to use it and It would definitely not run photoshop. Thanks

Sent from my MB860

matthew5025

Dec 23, 2010
Can I request for the stock logo? The one attached on the first post isn't the one that came with my phone. Thx

matthew5025

Dec 23, 2010
Thanks! It's just an insurance, in case I need to send in my phone.. I'm now using a modified version of the HTC logo that states " HTC quietly failing" the one seen on one of the posts in the xda website. Gonna show my friends with HTC phones haha

leftshark

May 21, 2011
Downloaded Paint.Net
Downloaded Frhed
Downloaded .dll for Paint.Net

Opened paint.net
Set to 540x960
Added an image
saved as RGB565
opened in frhed
deleted first 70 bytes
deleted last 2 bytes
copied the single line from the attached (OP) logo-header.bin file
pasted before first line
Your file should be 1036820 bits
Mine is at 1036748

Plus I noticed in frhed, all my bytes are "C3 18 C3 18"

what am i missing here? :confused:

Girgizzlemuf

Apr 8, 2009
Mukilteo
Downloaded Paint.Net
Downloaded Frhed

Opened paint.net
Set to 540x960
Added an image
saved as RGB565
opened in frhed
deleted first 70 bytes
deleted last 2 bytes
pasted before first line
Mine is at 1036748

when you paste in fhred, paste 'insert' not 'overwrite' for the header

Also if all your bytes are the same you messed something up in the rgb conversion, id start over from the beginning and make sure the resolution and colorspace are correct when you start the hex editing

Last edited:

thewarhawk

Feb 17, 2010
Dahlonega
Downloaded Paint.Net
Downloaded Frhed

Opened paint.net
Set to 540x960
Added an image
saved as RGB565
opened in frhed
deleted first 70 bytes
deleted last 2 bytes
pasted before first line
Mine is at 1036748

If grizzle's suggestion doesn't work, it is possible that you saved it in RGB565 raw format, in which case you won't have to delete the 70 bytes in the beginning and the 2 bytes in the end before putting the header in.

Probably not ALL your bytes are C3 18 C3, but they're probably the encoding for your background color, which will make up MOST of your bytes

Swiftks

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 16, 2011
The Woodlands, TX
Could you post the bin file for that one?

It's pretty cool!

Very nice work man ;)

Please post the bin file so people can flash it ;)

Will post it in a min... let me go get on computer. Also, I need to adjust setting on the text on my .psd; the fades are to dark on the actual screen... will post shortly.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA Premium App

*Edit*

Here's my .bin file, Enjoy!

Attachments

• logo.zip
    136.5 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:

ZOMBI3

Mar 9, 2011
Ann Arbor, Michigan
This will take you through the steps to replace your boring boot logo (motorola M with dual core underneath) with something awesome:)

I used information from two sources for this tutorial
NFHimself's post in this thread, which mostly went over my head lol
and this page

What you'll need (at least what I had)
Image Editor (I used photoshop, I'm not sure if gimp or any other image editor has the same options)
Binary Editor (I used FHRED -- it's free)
Fastboot
The included logo-header

Creating Your Logo

First: Open up your image editor, and make your boot image the dimensions must be 540x960. Important: you must flip the image vertically.

Second: Save your boot logo as a .BMP file, but it must be saved in 565 format. To do this in photoshop, save as the BMP file, then when the extra options come up push the advanced modes button, and select the R5 G6 B5 option.

Thank you Ka4yan for this helpful tip

Third: Open up the .BMP file with your binary editor and delete the first 70 Bits (pairs of numbers), and the last 2 bits (with FHRED, just highlight and hit delete

Fourth: Copy the header from the attached bin file and paste it at the top of your bin. Your file should be 1036820 bits. Save as logo.bin.

Applying a Logo

Fifth Unzip fastboot and move your logo.bin to the same directory.

Sixth: put your phone in fastboot by booting the phone holding the volume down, and then once you see fastboot on the screen, press voume up. connect your phone and open command prompt and use the cd command to navigate to where your fastboot and logo.bin is and enter:
fastboot flash logo logo.bin
fastboot reboot

OR

Make a CWM Recovery zip and flash it

You should see your new boot logo, yay:)

Feel free to post your newly made logos in this forum so you might be able to save other people the trouble of making one!

Attached is the logo header bin, the stock logo.bin, and my sample logo.bin

Thank you NFHimself for the help, and the original logo and logo-header:)

Disclaimer: I am in no way responsible for any misfortunes in your life including, but not limited to: death, taxes, or bricked phones
This is sweet, thank you for your work

dratsablive

Feb 20, 2011
HARRISBURG
Trying to put a new logo but my Atrix doesn't seem to finish the "Starting fastboot protocol support".

Followed the steps by powering down phone. Pressing down and starting the boot. As soon as the fastboot appears, I press volume up. Get the message above,but then nothing. If I connect phone to USB and try fastboot it says waiting on device.

I know that fastboot has worked before, because I used it to root my phone. If I just reboot normally, and use ADB Devices it shows that the Atrix is connected.

Swiftks

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 16, 2011
The Woodlands, TX
Trying to put a new logo but my Atrix doesn't seem to finish the "Starting fastboot protocol support".

Followed the steps by powering down phone. Pressing down and starting the boot. As soon as the fastboot appears, I press volume up. Get the message above,but then nothing. If I connect phone to USB and try fastboot it says waiting on device.

I know that fastboot has worked before, because I used it to root my phone. If I just reboot normally, and use ADB Devices it shows that the Atrix is connected.

Make sure the logo.bin file is in the same place as your fastboot files on your PC. Then start fastboot mode on your phone, connect to your pc, open a command prompt from your fastboot folder (shift + right click in fastboot folder - open command window), type "fastboot devices" to make sure it sees your device. Then type "fastboot flash logo logo.bin".

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

Reactions: Stephen Who

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This will take you through the steps to replace your boring boot logo (motorola M with dual core underneath) with something awesome:)

Our friends on the photon also have a boot logo forum, so you can go over there and see if they have any boot logos that fit your taste

I used information from two sources for this tutorial
    NFHimself's post in this thread, which mostly went over my head lol
    and this page

What you'll need (at least what I had)
    Image Editor (I used photoshop, I'm not sure if gimp or any other image editor has the same options)
    Binary Editor (I used FHRED -- it's free)
    Fastboot
    The included logo-header

Creating Your Logo

First: Open up your image editor, and make your boot image the dimensions must be 540x960. Important: you must flip the image vertically.

Second: Save your boot logo as a .BMP file, but it must be saved in 565 format. To do this in photoshop, save as the BMP file, then when the extra options come up push the advanced modes button, and select the R5 G6 B5 option.

Thank you Ka4yan for this helpful tip
    For anyone using Paint.NET as their photo editor, here is a plugin which allows you to save in RGB565 format:

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/16747-rgb565-android-splash-screen-format

In this forum is also a really good explanation of RGB565.

Credit to: ejohnson0547 of forums.getpaint.net

Third: Open up the .BMP file with your binary editor and delete the first 70 Bits (pairs of numbers), and the last 2 bits (with FHRED, just highlight and hit delete

Fourth: Copy the header from the attached bin file and paste it at the top of your bin. Your file should be 1036820 bits. Save as logo.bin.

Applying a Logo

Fifth Unzip fastboot and move your logo.bin to the same directory.

Sixth: put your phone in fastboot by booting the phone holding the volume down, and then once you see fastboot on the screen, press voume up. connect your phone and open command prompt and use the cd command to navigate to where your fastboot and logo.bin is and enter:
    Code:
    fastboot flash logo logo.bin
    fastboot reboot

OR

Make a CWM Recovery zip and flash it

Devbro has posted his own website for making you a boot logo CWM zip
    please make sure you hit thanks on his post if you use his website!

You should see your new boot logo, yay:)

Feel free to post your newly made logos in this forum so you might be able to save other people the trouble of making one!

Attached is the logo header bin, the stock logo.bin, and my sample logo.bin

Thank you NFHimself for the help, and the original logo and logo-header:)

Disclaimer: I am in no way responsible for any misfortunes in your life including, but not limited to: death, taxes, or bricked phones,
    HOWEVER, if I have helped you in any way, please don't hesitate to hit the thanks button down there, it's free!:)
    ABOOTA now has boot logo

Dear all Atrix fans

I have created a website that makes a CWM zip for uploading your boot logo files :)

no more need for doing the file editing by hand, as long as you got any image you can put it as your boot logo:
    http://aboota.devbro.com/boot_logo/

I hope you all enjoy this.
    As long as it has the Nvidia logo I'd be happy. But I would think with two logos it might look a little cramped. Maybe some writing under it that says "Motorola" or "Motorola Atrix" or something like that?

How's this?

EDIT: If you have any issues with flashing, let me know. I found one logo where the header did not get set properly.
    Flashing a bad logo will not hurt your phone, it will simply give you a text based startup screen that will still boot the phone normally.
    You can simply hold the vol down during boot to enter fastboot and reflash a good logo.bin file.
    Here are a few boot screens I made- same design in 3 different colors. All tested and working on my Atrix. Screenshots and downloads below.

Download Tegra Blue Boot Screen

tegra_blue.png

Download Tegra Green Boot Screen

tegra_green.png

Download Tegra Red Boot Screen

tegra_red.png
    Heres one for ya guys, or..two.. just work avoidance at this point really..