[Q] Wifi but no data

Search This thread

sameness

Apr 4, 2008
London
Today I received a new Sim-free (but S-On) Sensation as a replacement for my old Hero. Hero had been working fine with my wifi (WPA2 mixed).

I then swapped Sim into the Sensation and booted it. I also reflashed my Hero with VR13, which I had been using as I am giving the phone to my parents. Both phones will connect to my router BUT neither can access any sites or data. IF I take the security off then they can connect. This is not ideal though.

Does anyone know how to solve this? Or as to why this has suddenly happened?

kpjimmy

Jan 20, 2009
San Antonio TX
Nothing Phone 1
Google Pixel 7
Today I received a new Sim-free (but S-On) Sensation as a replacement for my old Hero. Hero had been working fine with my wifi (WPA2 mixed).

I then swapped Sim into the Sensation and booted it. I also reflashed my Hero with VR13, which I had been using as I am giving the phone to my parents. Both phones will connect to my router BUT neither can access any sites or data. IF I take the security off then they can connect. This is not ideal though.

Does anyone know how to solve this? Or as to why this has suddenly happened?

Did you try the wifi protected setup option? When I hit it, the prompt then says to press the WPS (wifi protected setup) button on your wireless point for 5 secs...