[Q] G2x stuck in "S/W Upgrade" screen after NVflasher One Click

Search This thread

usajlh

Feb 18, 2010
My phone is currently sitting with a "S/W upgrade" screen after a series of stupid events. I flashed recovery using ROM Manager before I had read that it fake flashed. I rebooted into recovery and installed CM7 nightly. Rebooted and it's stuck in a boot loop. So I finally see all the warnings against that so I figure I need to get a real recovery so I use the awesome guide from TGA_Gunnman. I follow all the instructions and it appears from the log on my PC that the CM recovery flashed successfully. I pull the cord, reinsert my battery and my phone just sits in the S/W upgrade screen. It's been like that for 30 minutes now.

What do I do?

crawler9

Mar 30, 2010
Ohio
I thought I'd done something wrong with my G2x because that happened to me too. Remove your battery and USB. Then insert your battery again. When you turn it on, make sure to hold both the power button and the volume down button until you see text that says android. If you, like me, thought you just had to hold the volume down and tap the power button (like my Nexus One), that might be your issue.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

92drls

Jul 25, 2009
Behind you
yep, I thought I bricked it too.. When you were done at the green screen where it said press any button, thats where you press whatever you want and then unplug the cord. Then, put the battery back in and hold down vol then power, don't let go until "android" pops up.. You did it man, just missing your last step..

volboy

Jul 24, 2011
I can get to the Recovery screen, but I cant select any of the options....volume lets me scroll, but cant find anything to select any of the options....kinda new at this

bluedart

Dec 3, 2010
My phone is currently sitting with a "S/W upgrade" screen after a series of stupid events. I flashed recovery using ROM Manager before I had read that it fake flashed. I rebooted into recovery and installed CM7 nightly. Rebooted and it's stuck in a boot loop. So I finally see all the warnings against that so I figure I need to get a real recovery so I use the awesome guide from TGA_Gunnman. I follow all the instructions and it appears from the log on my PC that the CM recovery flashed successfully. I pull the cord, reinsert my battery and my phone just sits in the S/W upgrade screen. It's been like that for 30 minutes now.

What do I do?

The "S/W upgrade" stays on, that's normal. See if your terminal window has completed whatever stuff it is doing. If you get a completed message, you are good to go and can safely pull out the USB chord even if your phone still says "S/W upgrade". Put back your battery and hold Power+Vol DOWN button and see if you get into cmw recovery.

mogul420

Jan 27, 2008
San Juan
so im trying to fix my friends phone and this is weird..

im able to go to cwm, wipe it all and flash a new rom.. it flashess successfully but when i reboot it goes back to the s/w update screen..it happens with any rom i flash.. its been sitting there for a while.. how long should i wait?

moshe22

Mar 18, 2011
Once you flash the ROM you shouldn't be getting that screen...Does your friend has the G2x or 2x and which ROM did you flash?

jboxer

Apr 16, 2009
Bangkok
Sounds like you screwed up the boot image. Go into APX mode again and reflash the recovery package making sure it completes, you hit a key to close the terminal window, and you hold the volume buttons the entire time. Then go into recovery and factory reset and clear the Dalvik cache. Then if you still get the S/W update screen you are going to need to go to the thread about fixing bricked phones and use the KDZ method to reflash the entire GB OTA package. There is also a new method to reinstall the entire OTA package using NVFlash but you have to hold the volume buttons down for about ten to fifteen minutes while everything flashes.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I thought I'd done something wrong with my G2x because that happened to me too. Remove your battery and USB. Then insert your battery again. When you turn it on, make sure to hold both the power button and the volume down button until you see text that says android. If you, like me, thought you just had to hold the volume down and tap the power button (like my Nexus One), that might be your issue.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk