[Q] Looking for help

Search This thread

totallywood

Apr 13, 2014
So I know realize i shouldn't have attempted rooting or flashing but thats all hindsight. I'm before even a noob but hoping you guys can help me out.
Currently have a m8 att that I think is savable but I cannot figure out what to do next. I never made a backup and I'm stuck without a rom installed. I believe it is rooted and I do have twrp installed but am failing when trying to flash a rom. I'm willing to pay somebody to help me if they are willing to walk me through fixing it. Any help or direction is appreciated. I have been reading different threads but honestly I'm just getting more confused.

Thanks in advance.

totallywood

Apr 13, 2014
Can you boot into recovery? Does adb see your phone when connected to the computer? If so you can push a rom to your phone through adb and then install it. It happened to me. The guide to doing this is here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1667929

Yes I can boot onto recovery and adb does see it. Can I just copy a rom to sd card and install from there or does it have to be pushed? I have copied them to sd card and tried but it keeps failing to install.

johnnyutah22

Jul 17, 2011
Tennessee

slapdaddy

Apr 9, 2008
Louisiana
Make sure the MD5 checksum of the ROM .zip you downloaded matches the file on your SD card.

Also, wasn't there an issue with a certain version of TWRP not flashing from an external SD card and the fix was just flashing an updated version? So also make sure you have the right version of TWRP on the device.

Wonders_Never_Cease

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 10, 2013
Copy a working rom to where your adb and fastboot are located connect phone via twrp run this command
adb push nameofrom.zip /sdcard/. exactly as shown here change nameofrom.zip to the name of the rom your trying to flash...this will put a rom on your internal storage and it then can be flashed via twrp