sick of the new intrusive ads on the mx player? old version MX Player 1.8.10

Search This thread

StoicWilly

Jan 12, 2014
sick of the new intrusive ads on the mx player? me too!
Here is an old version of mx player 1.8.10 free where ads were still non-intrusive and where the video player is still functional
This apk i have uploaded was restored from titanium backup and created using apk extractor.
enjoy! :)

sorry i can't post links, removed the dots of the links
Downloads:
dropbox com/s/ykxfjbw1d316jin/MX%20Player_com.mxtech.videoplayer.ad.apk?dl=0

virustotal:
virustotal com/en/file/316ad021c8b30e7b471ba258c165c463a5f1de4cd97bfac8ea648cb059c89ee7/analysis/

Rav45

Jul 5, 2014
Yesterday I wasted much time scanning for malware because of these ads. The Clean something ad saying my phone was full took up the whole screen and didn't have an x in the corner to close it. So instead of opening the file I have to figure out how to get rid of the thing plus make me think I've got some kind of virus. Isn't some kind of small banner enough?

erkme73

Apr 20, 2008
Wow. This kind of bs advertising is precisely why I dumped es file Explorer. Seems once devs get market penetration, they have no problem hosing their users for the sake of making $$$.

ahdai

Jun 22, 2005
I uninstalled mxplayer on 5 phones and 2 android tablets so far.

Nice ads, well done. Sayonara~

Thirumalai.K

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Wow. This kind of bs advertising is precisely why I dumped es file Explorer. Seems once devs get market penetration, they have no problem hosing their users for the sake of making $$$.

Devs also has life. They need some funds to maintain the development of the app. As android is extremely bloated with piracy, it's very difficult to get the necessary funds from pro version itself. So, we have forced to show some more ads

We are hearing to the users. We will try to further optimise the app to show ads without affecting user experience.

If you found any ads, that may not be suitable / with some abusive contents, you can report it here. We will take the necessary actions.

krasCGQ

Apr 13, 2015
Kendari
kud.my.id
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
When I heard of 1.8.17 update that disabled full screen ads, I updated it and it went fine, just for a few moments. The next time I reinstall the 1.8.17, the full screen ads appeared again, more frequent, even after updating to 1.8.20 either via Play or APKMirror; happen everytime MX Player window is opened or when exiting the player, forces me to switch to 1.0.7 Beta APK for Indian markets. At least, it's still enjoyable without the annoying full screen ads.

EDIT: And I started to getting full screen ads on the beta APK. What a shame.

Sent from my Redmi 3 using XDA Labs

Last edited:

Embeddednut

Oct 16, 2016
Thirumalai, thanks for explaining. I uninstalled your MxPlayer and gave one star on Play store for the annoying ad. Now I'm googling for patched version of Pro version. Thanks!

There should be limit for greed or else these kind of things will happen.

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
EDIT: Never mind. You already answer the question in that thread. Thank you.

https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=74342970&postcount=5

Devs also has life. They need some funds to maintain the development of the app. As android is extremely bloated with piracy, it's very difficult to get the necessary funds from pro version itself. So, we have forced to show some more ads

Does the Pro version have ads? Your Google Play Store description says this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mxtech.videoplayer.pro&hl=en
This is the Ad-Free version of MX Player.

Is that still true, or does the Pro version also show ads now?

I told someone they were mistaken Mx Player Pro had ads, that maybe they were infected with malware. Has your ad policy with the Pro Player changed?

mx_player_pro.jpg

Last edited:

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011

Does the Pro version have ads? Your Google Play Store description says this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mxtech.videoplayer.pro&hl=en

Is that still true, or does the Pro version also show ads now?

I told someone they were mistaken Mx Player Pro had ads, that maybe they were infected with malware. Has your ad policy with the Pro Player changed?

mx_player_pro.jpg

MX Player Pro version is still Ad-Free. In fact in 1.9.x versions the ad modules are removed from the Pro app.

Bos3Mq

Sep 8, 2017
Granted the ads are intrusive, but boycotting the app all together will hinder development of it in the future. If you truly find the ads that irritating but think the app is good enough to bother looking for an older version of it, then why not buy the pro version? is it really that expensive? wouldn't you want to be on the cusp of bugfixes ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    sick of the new intrusive ads on the mx player? me too!
    Here is an old version of mx player 1.8.10 free where ads were still non-intrusive and where the video player is still functional
    This apk i have uploaded was restored from titanium backup and created using apk extractor.
    enjoy! :)

sorry i can't post links, removed the dots of the links
    Downloads:
    dropbox com/s/ykxfjbw1d316jin/MX%20Player_com.mxtech.videoplayer.ad.apk?dl=0

virustotal:
    virustotal com/en/file/316ad021c8b30e7b471ba258c165c463a5f1de4cd97bfac8ea648cb059c89ee7/analysis/
    Those 'bug fixes' (I personally cannot tell which bugs are fixed) are not good enough reasons for me to tolerate the intrusive ads.