Thanks Meter: 10,502

By thecubed, Inactive Recognized Developer on 18th September 2013, 04:41 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th September 2013, 05:53 AM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 162

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaben2

Im guessing you guys took the OTA and are now trying to root..
This exact thing happened to me, had to restore to factory, root, use rootkeeper, update, then restore root.

****, I wish I read this 10 minutes ago. Back to stock > root > ota > twrp... I hope that's the right order.

20th September 2013, 05:56 AM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 225

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheami

****, I wish I read this 10 minutes ago. Back to stock > root > ota > twrp... I hope that's the right order.

Hold on he has an update going to be out that will allow you to root the ota. They changed some files around, but the root procedure still works. Just watch for the update.
The Following User Says Thank You to jaben2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jaben2 Ad-Free
20th September 2013, 05:56 AM |#103  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Austin, TX

Donate to Me
More
Alright, I've updated the OP with a new version of IORoot that will let you root your VZW OTA'd G2.

LG is using the F320k-style naming of the unlock file now, so this should do it.

The script now is intelligent enough to know what OTA version you're running and act accordingly.
It should be forwards compatile with new VZW OTAs too, since I've arranged the batch file to fall through the check and just continue on with the VZW OTA root if it's newer than the current OTA, but doesn't match the stock OS version.

If you find that this just doesn't work, let me know.

The old ioroot4 is still available if this causes issues, just change the download link name.

Thanks!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to thecubed For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thecubed Ad-Free
20th September 2013, 06:43 AM |#104  
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecubed

Alright, I've updated the OP with a new version of IORoot that will let you root your VZW OTA'd G2.

LG is using the F320k-style naming of the unlock file now, so this should do it.

The script now is intelligent enough to know what OTA version you're running and act accordingly.
It should be forwards compatile with new VZW OTAs too, since I've arranged the batch file to fall through the check and just continue on with the VZW OTA root if it's newer than the current OTA, but doesn't match the stock OS version.

If you find that this just doesn't work, let me know.

The old ioroot4 is still available if this causes issues, just change the download link name.

Thanks!

I get a 404 with the new ioroot5.zip link in the OP. It redirects from the link you have to "http://downloads.codefi.re/d/51z7rbuDgYgBNRS5n6tSDA/1379655741/thecubed/lg_g2/root/ioroot5.zip" and that 404s.
20th September 2013, 07:20 AM |#105  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 11,919

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erraggy

I get a 404 with the new ioroot5.zip link in the OP.

temp link is HERE until OP is fixed.

Link will self destruct 24hrs from now.
The Following User Says Thank You to autoprime For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th September 2013, 08:59 AM |#106  
Flag Austin, TX

Donate to Me
More
Hay guys! I'm a moron! I fixed the download link

Sorry 'bout that!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thecubed For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thecubed Ad-Free
20th September 2013, 09:05 AM |#107  
Flag Austin, TX

Donate to Me
More
Whoops! Uploaded ioroot6 as well, noticed a lovely syntax error that breaks ioroot5, so naturally, I've uploaded a fixed version (with a working link this time!)

Give it a try!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thecubed For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thecubed Ad-Free
20th September 2013, 01:53 PM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
worked flawlessly!
thank you for your work sir
20th September 2013, 03:21 PM |#109  
Flag Rockford, IL
Thanks Meter: 112

More
Is there by chance something I could flash that would give me the OTA? Currently I'm rooted and have TWRP installed. I've frozen the software update app because I didnt think I could update with TWRP installed. So is there anything I could flash in TWRP that would give me the OTA?
20th September 2013, 04:43 PM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
After I press enter to continue with the script it is stuck at

Mounting System RW and pushing SU, then remounting system RO again
2685 KB/s

Any ideas.

EDIT: Fixed
20th September 2013, 04:55 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Patiently waiting for a root method for Asian International Version (D-802)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)